CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1251
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:01 pm
 


ok so then we get crappy cops...they didn't get it at expense of anyone really...its just now they have something that the garbage collecters don't


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10666
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:19 pm
 


Ruserious wrote:
hamiltonguyo wrote:
so cops who put their lives on the line for us don't deserve more because whiney trash collecters want to get rich and can't stand the thought of as anything less than king?
No, cops didn't deserve the raise in pensions that they got at the expense of other public servants.

Cops know what they're getting into when they sign up. If they don't like it.. too fucking bad. They can go get a job slinging a shovel or driving a cab.


Cops do choose their career. It's an honourable and brave profession and should not even be considered on the same level as the rest of these people.

Cops, Fire, EMS & military should be provided for to the highest extent possible.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23716
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:24 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
Ruserious wrote:
hamiltonguyo wrote:
so cops who put their lives on the line for us don't deserve more because whiney trash collecters want to get rich and can't stand the thought of as anything less than king?
No, cops didn't deserve the raise in pensions that they got at the expense of other public servants.

Cops know what they're getting into when they sign up. If they don't like it.. too fucking bad. They can go get a job slinging a shovel or driving a cab.


Cops do choose their career. It's an honourable and brave profession and should not even be considered on the same level as the rest of these people.

Cops, Fire, EMS & military should be provided for to the highest extent possible.
PDT_Armataz_01_37


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23716
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:46 pm
 


Avro wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
Ruserious wrote:
hamiltonguyo wrote:
so cops who put their lives on the line for us don't deserve more because whiney trash collecters want to get rich and can't stand the thought of as anything less than king?
No, cops didn't deserve the raise in pensions that they got at the expense of other public servants.

Cops know what they're getting into when they sign up. If they don't like it.. too fucking bad. They can go get a job slinging a shovel or driving a cab.


Cops do choose their career. It's an honourable and brave profession and should not even be considered on the same level as the rest of these people.

Cops, Fire, EMS & military should be provided for to the highest extent possible.


sigh......I will try one last time.

They are not on the same level, they all make way more than me in my first job so they are well compensated for their choice as they should be.

You say Cops, Fire, EMS.....well guess what? EMS are getting screwed as well with the two thirds rule that does not apply to police and firefighters.

I pay 50% into my pension just like anyone of these groups so I should get a 50% say as to what happens to it.

In fact if that two thirds rule were removed you would not see any job action at all.
what is the news avro, you guys gonna strike?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10666
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:57 pm
 


Avro wrote:
hamiltonguyo wrote:
ok so then we get crappy cops...they didn't get it at expense of anyone really...its just now they have something that the garbage collecters don't


Not true, the lowest paid employees at about 30,000 could now be subsidizing the pensions of the hightest paid ones at 80,000-100,000 with no future possiblility of improving upon that.


Don't you all contribute to the same pension plan?

You all contribute to eachother.

Bottom line, they'll get ordered back to work and they will have no public support. ZERO.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10666
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:12 pm
 


Avro wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
Avro wrote:
hamiltonguyo wrote:
ok so then we get crappy cops...they didn't get it at expense of anyone really...its just now they have something that the garbage collecters don't


Not true, the lowest paid employees at about 30,000 could now be subsidizing the pensions of the hightest paid ones at 80,000-100,000 with no future possiblility of improving upon that.


Don't you all contribute to the same pension plan?

You all contribute to eachother.

Bottom line, they'll get ordered back to work and they will have no public support. ZERO.


Yes of course we contribute to the same pension, but it's what comes out the other end that matters.

Yes we might get ordered back, but at least we tried because if this dosen't work nothing will ever change.

I doubt we would get public support anyways so what's the difference. This bill would have passed unnoticed unless we made it noticed and we have.


So what's the point? Are they decreasing your pension? No

Tell me how people making 30k are "subsidizing" those higher paid people.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10666
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:39 pm
 


Avro wrote:
The money is pooled and invested if a Cop retires at 55 after 30 years where do you suppose his pension is coming from? This is not mention that in any future negotiations with regions and municipalities they have a 50% vote applies when it comes to pensions and OMERS so I suspect most times it will go to arbitraction where they will get the maximum improvement of 4%.

Ours is capped at 1.7% and that only applies if we get a two thirds vote this rule also applies to paramedics.


So you're fighting because you cannot raise your pensions like the police and fire men/women can?


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 982
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:53 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
Ruserious wrote:
hamiltonguyo wrote:
so cops who put their lives on the line for us don't deserve more because whiney trash collecters want to get rich and can't stand the thought of as anything less than king?
No, cops didn't deserve the raise in pensions that they got at the expense of other public servants.

Cops know what they're getting into when they sign up. If they don't like it.. too fucking bad. They can go get a job slinging a shovel or driving a cab.


Cops do choose their career. It's an honourable and brave profession and should not even be considered on the same level as the rest of these people.
Sure they should..

They're all public servants.

If none of them like it.. they can go work in the private sector.

Bottom line is, you don't give special treatment to one group over another.

Quote:
Cops, Fire, EMS & military should be provided for to the highest extent possible.
Horseshit.
When I stop seeing 5 and 6 cops standing on the sides of highway on ramps drinking coffee while handing out tickets for seatbelts.. or hiding out in the back of parking lots sleeping in their cars
Maybe then I'll have a bit more respect for them actually performing work.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests



cron
 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.