Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:34 pm

Avro wrote:
Tricks wrote:
what is the news avro, you guys gonna strike?

Thursday looks like. :?
ok. Thursday should be interesting then... trying to cross a picket line to go to school 8O That should be fun

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:38 pm

Ruserious wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
Ruserious wrote:
hamiltonguyo wrote:
so cops who put their lives on the line for us don't deserve more because whiney trash collecters want to get rich and can't stand the thought of as anything less than king?
No, cops didn't deserve the raise in pensions that they got at the expense of other public servants.

Cops know what they're getting into when they sign up. If they don't like it.. too fucking bad. They can go get a job slinging a shovel or driving a cab.

Cops do choose their career. It's an honourable and brave profession and should not even be considered on the same level as the rest of these people.
Sure they should..

They're all public servants.

If none of them like it.. they can go work in the private sector.

Bottom line is, you don't give special treatment to one group over another.

Quote:
Cops, Fire, EMS & military should be provided for to the highest extent possible.
Horseshit.
When I stop seeing 5 and 6 cops standing on the sides of highway on ramps drinking coffee while handing out tickets for seatbelts.. or hiding out in the back of parking lots sleeping in their cars
Maybe then I'll have a bit more respect for them actually performing work.

And when you get punched in the face or shot cause you have a big and ignorant mouth, I hope they leave you to die a painful death.

Avro, I agree with you to an extent, but I hate how your union and other unions use our children and the people that pay their salaries as pawns. You fuck up everyone else's life for the sake of improving your own.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:49 pm

I don't wish to take sides here, but I think McGuinty is just trying to save face on one of his election promises. It will probably come back to haunt him at election time.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:18 pm

OnTheIce wrote:
Ruserious wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
Ruserious wrote:
hamiltonguyo wrote:
so cops who put their lives on the line for us don't deserve more because whiney trash collecters want to get rich and can't stand the thought of as anything less than king?
No, cops didn't deserve the raise in pensions that they got at the expense of other public servants.

Cops know what they're getting into when they sign up. If they don't like it.. too fucking bad. They can go get a job slinging a shovel or driving a cab.

Cops do choose their career. It's an honourable and brave profession and should not even be considered on the same level as the rest of these people.
Sure they should..

They're all public servants.

If none of them like it.. they can go work in the private sector.

Bottom line is, you don't give special treatment to one group over another.

Quote:
Cops, Fire, EMS & military should be provided for to the highest extent possible.
Horseshit.
When I stop seeing 5 and 6 cops standing on the sides of highway on ramps drinking coffee while handing out tickets for seatbelts.. or hiding out in the back of parking lots sleeping in their cars

And when you get punched in the face or shot cause you have a big and ignorant mouth, I hope they leave you to die a painful death.
Are you suggesting that cops would have to resort to physical violence because they couldn't handle the criticism?
Because if you are, then when the lawsuit suing them was over and I had finished counting all of the money awarded for their actions.. I hope you'll be laughing knowing your tax dollars had helped pay for it ;)

OnTheIce wrote:
Avro, I agree with you to an extent, but I hate how your union and other unions use our children and the people that pay their salaries as pawns. You fuck up everyone else's life for the sake of improving your own.
Here's a clue dipshit, it's a dog eat dog world out there. If they don't look out for their own life, tools like you sure as fuck won't.
Good luck Avro, I hope you win this one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:08 pm

Do you act dense on purpose?

I said that if you got your head beat in, due to your dumb, ignorant mouth, I would hope that the police find your semi-alive body and ponder what steps to take while sipping back on a Timmies. Then again, you're probably the fat, acne riddled kid who got teased in shool and is dead quiet in person but a braveheart online. :lol:

Yes, it's a dog eat dog world....but I'd never put someone elses children out for my own personal gain. Never. Teachers are famous for this which explains why they have a complete lack of respect among the public.

Avro, I would be much more supportive of unions if they just told the damn truth. Don't beat around the bush, don't tell us it's "all about the kids" ...the public isn't that stupid. If it's because you want more money, say so!

Ruserious wrote:
Are you suggesting that cops would have to resort to physical violence because they couldn't handle the criticism?
Because if you are, then when the lawsuit suing them was over and I had finished counting all of the money awarded for their actions.. I hope you'll be laughing knowing your tax dollars had helped pay for it ;)

OnTheIce wrote:
Here's a clue dipshit, it's a dog eat dog world out there. If they don't look out for their own life, tools like you sure as fuck won't.
Good luck Avro, I hope you win this one.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:43 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that Unions have so much power and are allowed to get away with so much collective bullying.

I have been an adult for 17 years now, and never worked in a Union.

And I never will.

Job security is in doing my job properly, and if I don't like it, finding another one.

Union power in this day and age in a Western Democracy as civilized as Canada completely amazes me.

p.s.

BurytheNDPforgood here again.

I'll stop posting until this if fixed, Gunbunny

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:49 pm

Avro does have a point. The new changes which will allow cops and fire fighters to retire at 55 have the potential to place an increased financial burden on cities if it's not managed right. And while it's probably unfair to expect 60 year old cops to knuckle it out with steroid pumping, 25 year old assholes on the street, most police forces in Ontario already have trouble meeting their attrition rates and earlier retirement will just exacerbate that situation.

The problem is Mcguinty just can't seem to say no to anyone who puts their hand out. And the problem with governing like that is that by saying yes to everyone ( in this case the cops and firemen), you end up pissing everyone else off who doesn't get what they want.

But Sid Ryan, as usual, is using typical overheated rhetoric to make his case. I'm sick of hearing union leaders and social activists complain that a new piece of legislation is going to "discriminate" against women or minorities. As if. It's not going to discriminate against policewomen is it? Or female firefighters for that matter. If women want the perks that cops get, I suggest they write the test and join up.

And this illegal strike nonsense is bullshit. You sign a contract, you fulfil it. It's that simple. The public shouldn't be held hostage to the whims of Sid Ryan and his union members.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:02 pm

Quote:
Horseshit.

You're a whiner.

Cops are perfectly entitled to stand on ramps handing out tickets for seatbelts. It's part of their job.

Failing to wear seatbelts is the single most preventable cause of death in motor vehicle collisions. If the sight of cops doing seatbelt enforcement bothers you so much, then there's an easy way to avoid getting tagged for it. Just wear your fucking seatbelt.

If that's too tough for you to figure out Ruserious, oh well, I guess you'll be donating $110 to the City of Toronto to pay down their deficit this year.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:14 am

Gunbunny wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me that Unions have so much power and are allowed to get away with so much collective bullying.

I have been an adult for 17 years now, and never worked in a Union.

And I never will.

Job security is in doing my job properly, and if I don't like it, finding another one.

Union power in this day and age in a Western Democracy as civilized as Canada completely amazes me.

p.s.

BurytheNDPforgood here again.

I'll stop posting until this if fixed, Gunbunny

Well said!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:03 am

Avro wrote:
The problem is you have no idea what you are talking about, how is my hand out?.

Even when I'm sympathetic to you, you miss the point.

I'm not saying YOU had your hand out. I'm saying the Police and Fire Fighter Associations had their hands out.

And Mcguinty caved, like he does to everybody, and the result is he's now pissed off both CUPE and the Association of Ontario Municipalities.