bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:59 am

Does the concept of an illegal strike disturb you db/a?

In the event Emporer Sidney decides to promote such action it's clear the government should sue these wankers into oblivion and refuse to collect dues on behalf of the union(s) - in fact, I think that's a great idea - change the law, stop collecting and force the unions to collect their own membership dues. . . .

Did somebody say 'Goodbye unions'? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:42 pm

IceOwl IceOwl:
As much as I dislike the Conservatives, I have to agree with John Tory. This is ridiculous. I'm not paying to go to school so the teachers can strike in the middle of a semester. If I find any of my teachers in a picket line, I will make it my full-time job to get in their face and demand my portion of tuition that they're robbing me of, because I don't have time for this bullshit.

Want the e-mail to the president of the OTPF? Maybe you can ask ruth why they do what they do,could be their protecting the huge pension....again. you should do some digging,see what kind of a pension their protecting and post it here,might make normal folk gag.

I do believe that's what their striking about. They have the countries biggest pension plan,they get it by aquiring other union companies and then bringing out the knife. Profits before people you know?

Should get Reaganistic and do like he did to the air traffic controllers.
Bring in legislation to make it illegal.Fire them all.
Check out what their going to make upon retirement,not like their hard done by or anything. I would do it for you(post the info)but I had enough to do with Ruth and her greedy teachers a few years ago.I was union then,begging them to not lay off 270 at my place of employment for their bottom line.The president of the OTPF did respond to me but only to say suck it up,we dont care about you but our pension fund.

I allmost burnt my union card right there.
anyway,let them strike,let legislation be passed so they lose their jobs if not reporting for work,make the union liable for any days kids missed out on school and the hardships it caused the parents financially(through legislation)and to the student's who paid tuiton, and then let the teachers without jobs move to BC and work in the freakin coal mine's that they bought(elk valley coal corporation) to make up for all the good folks that got laid off for their bottom line.

My card got burnt two years ago,unions now stand for greed and not the people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:51 pm

THis is going to affect me. It could actually be dangerous going to school. My board of educations office is attatched to my highschool, so I could be fucked. Damn unions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:07 pm

Tricks Tricks:
THis is going to affect me. It could actually be dangerous going to school. My board of educations office is attatched to my highschool, so I could be fucked. Damn unions.

Your education takes a back seat to their pension plan dude. Google Ontario teachers pension fund to find out why these folks seem so hard done by. A cabin in cottage country takes presedence over your education.
The pension fund's so big now they dont give a fack about anything else,all those millions. 8O

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:27 pm

This isn't teachers this is trash collectors...from what i've read in the papers is that they think they should have the same benefits as firefighters and paramedics...WTF bloody dumbasses...i'm for a safety net not wildcat strikes by idiots...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:38 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Tricks Tricks:

Your education takes a back seat to their pension plan dude. Google Ontario teachers pension fund to find out why these folks seem so hard done by. A cabin in cottage country takes presedence over your education.
The pension fund's so big now they dont give a fack about anything else,all those millions. 8O
I know, their pension is bull shit, but it isn't teachers like hamilton said. It is secretaries, board of ed pricks, admin bs people. Then garbage collectors. It started because cops and ambulance drivers (not firefighters and paramedics hamilton) got some benefits that they don't have, so they are crying. Do these people seriously think they compare to cops and ambulance drivers? Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break. All they do is sit on their ass and make up bull shit for the schools, or collect garbage. Fucking ungrateful pussies, you should be happy to have what you got.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:56 pm

Plus the cops contribute at a much higher level than the other members in OMERS, a fact that our Sid won't discuss with his members. I really don't see what their beef is. The cops and EMS troops pay their whack and do a shitty job that other well educated people shun. All they are getting with 206 is recognition and upped contributions.

Still, makes you think McGuinty has a hidden agenda eh? Being nice to cops..the man is a Liberal and a lawyer!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:11 pm

IceOwl IceOwl:
ziggy ziggy:
IceOwl IceOwl:
As much as I dislike the Conservatives, I have to agree with John Tory. This is ridiculous. I'm not paying to go to school so the teachers can strike in the middle of a semester. If I find any of my teachers in a picket line, I will make it my full-time job to get in their face and demand my portion of tuition that they're robbing me of, because I don't have time for this bullshit.

Want the e-mail to the president of the OTPF? Maybe you can ask ruth why they do what they do,could be their protecting the huge pension....again. you should do some digging,see what kind of a pension their protecting and post it here,might make normal folk gag.

(a lot of anti-union crap cut)

You seem to have mistaken me for someone who is staunchly anti-union. You are incorrect. I don't care how much money they make, or how much goes into their pension as long as they aren't walking out on time I paid for. If they had decided on a work-to-rule strike rather than a walkout, I would have no problem with it.

Not really,just someone affected by a strike. I used to drag out the work to rule card often untill I realized I was getting paid to do a job,anything extra that is cut off in a work to rule thing really doesnt hurt the employer as there getting anything over and above. Your getting paid for a job,working to rule means your doing nothing more then your contracts ask's of you.

Anyway,I had my fill of the union after 22 years.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:09 pm

Tricks Tricks:
ziggy ziggy:
Tricks Tricks:

I know, their pension is bull shit, but it isn't teachers like hamilton said. It is secretaries, board of ed pricks, admin bs people. Then garbage collectors. It started because cops and ambulance drivers (not firefighters and paramedics hamilton) got some benefits that they don't have, so they are crying. Do these people seriously think they compare to cops and ambulance drivers? Give. Me. A. Fucking. Break. All they do is sit on their ass and make up bull shit for the schools, or collect garbage. Fucking ungrateful pussies, you should be happy to have what you got.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

They're all public servents. The mistake was in giving the cops and wannabe Johnny Gages the increase in pensions.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:24 pm

so cops who put their lives on the line for us don't deserve more because whiney trash collecters want to get rich and can't stand the thought of as anything less than king?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:36 pm

hamiltonguyo hamiltonguyo:
so cops who put their lives on the line for us don't deserve more because whiney trash collecters want to get rich and can't stand the thought of as anything less than king?
No, cops didn't deserve the raise in pensions that they got at the expense of other public servants.

Cops know what they're getting into when they sign up. If they don't like it.. too fucking bad. They can go get a job slinging a shovel or driving a cab.