CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:14 am

If last week's announcement of 900 job cuts at a GM plant wasn't bad enough, now comes something a whole lot worse.

GM announces that in 2010 the transmission plant in Windsor (manufactures 4-speed automatics) will close and put 1 400 people out of a job. Just one blow after another.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:04 pm

This is stupid, stupid, stupid stuff. They get the 30 billion they want, and after receiving this money, decide to close the only plant that could possibly save them? Oh wait, i forgot they were planning on producing nothing but 3 cylinder cars.

I have nothing against the auto workers, but their industry is dead and deserves to be.
Get on the CP/CN bandwagon. They will be hiring in the warm months.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:28 pm

TrinityJ TrinityJ:
This is stupid, stupid, stupid stuff. They get the 30 billion they want, and after receiving this money, decide to close the only plant that could possibly save them? Oh wait, i forgot they were planning on producing nothing but 3 cylinder cars.

I have nothing against the auto workers, but their industry is dead and deserves to be.
Get on the CP/CN bandwagon. They will be hiring in the warm months.

You are totally right. We can't keep throwing money at this industry. Let it move on. We may as well be spending on horses and buggies at this point!