CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:17 am
 


andyt wrote:

And you've demonstrated that you enjoy being lied to by the Reformacons about the F35. Guess it's all about who's telling the sweet little lies.


That's why I said McKay should be canned over it, right?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27469
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:05 pm
 


andyt wrote:
The real obscenity is that Alberta ran deficits with all the wealth they're bringing in. I can just hear the wailing when their boom times run out.


So it's Alberta's fault that Ontarians have been electing nothing but shit-wits since Bill Davis retired? You're turning more and more into Eureka with every post you make. You could have stayed on course and blasted a decision made by S&P, one of the true villains directly responsible for the 2008 meltdown, and that no one should ever listen to what that sort of clavern of robber barons has to say about anything. Instead you went for the cheap shot at Alberta again. I'd ask wazzupwitdat but the roots of your incessant grudge against Alberta probably are best left in the shadows where they belong.

Next in Andy's to-do list: a stellar defense of why the ROC should have a 10% tax hike levied on them just so the reliably hardest-left of the hard-leftists of Quebec's most delightfully precocious generation ever should all get a free university education.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 pm
 


Really? You're defending deficits in Alberta? If Alberta can't manage to run a balanced budget or surplus, how can we expect any other province to? Wow are you touchy. I think some of the people voting Wildrose did so exactly because they weren't happy with running deficits either.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:06 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
andyt wrote:

And you've demonstrated that you enjoy being lied to by the Reformacons about the F35. Guess it's all about who's telling the sweet little lies.


That's why I said McKay should be canned over it, right?


Your two most recent posts on this topic were:
OnTheIce wrote:

Nobody gives a fuck about this but pundits and media looking to shit on Harper and McKay.


and

OnTheIce wrote:

As said above:

Quote:
It's pretty comon when it comes to accounting to have two sets of books. One is analyitical where figures change, because FACTS change, and its a project that hasn't come to a close and the other is the book for the public. Disclosure.


So you want McKay fired because of what you consider shit flinging by the media and what you consider standard accounting practices? (Maybe CRA should look at the books of your business.) Why?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27469
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:27 pm
 


andyt wrote:
Really? You're defending deficits in Alberta? If Alberta can't manage to run a balanced budget or surplus, how can we expect any other province to? Wow are you touchy. I think some of the people voting Wildrose did so exactly because they weren't happy with running deficits either.


Deficit fighting these days usually consists of nothing more than some right-wing anti-government cranks and capitalist thieves preaching austerity and privatization. And austerity is usually a total disaster for those who have to go through it, e.g. Alberta in the 1990's where the boogeyman over deficits hammered our infrastructure, health, and education systems to the point that we're only really recovering from it today. And privatization of government services, which is the biggest con-job the scum of the the earth on Wall Street and the Randroids have ever pulled off. E.g. (once again) Alberta in the 1990's where a deregulation and privatization of electrical and natural gas utilities ripped off practically everyone who lives here with massive, and thoroughly unjustifiable, price hikes and made the overall management of the utilities into a chaotic "fee"-ridden mess.

All of which has nothing to do with Ontario, which is merely another place that proves that the left-wing version of crank economics is just as much of a midden as the right-wing versions are. And it has nothing at all to so with your inexplicable personal need to do a sideswipe smear of Alberta with ever chance you get. You don't even live here so why the fuck do even pretend that you care anyway? All we do really do here is provide your fuel to you. All you other guys do is provide the contempt and ingratitude in return. :?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:51 pm
 


Holy cow, somebody is in victim mode.

If Alberta can't balance it's books, no province can. Surely with all the wealth flowing in, it should be possible. Because if there's ever a disruption to that flow, wtf will you do then?

I don't think Alberta balancing the books, or actually saving some for a rainy day requires the kind of austerity that's kicking the shit out of Greece, or even what is causing the double dip recession in Britain. Like maybe institute a sales tax - that would certainly do it.

What you do is your business, as you say I don't live there. You seem to feel free to comment on other provinces, so am I. And somewhere we're all still supposed to be part of Canada, supposed to feel some sense of involvement in what happens in other provinces.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:05 pm
 


andyt wrote:

Your two most recent posts on this topic were:
OnTheIce wrote:

Nobody gives a fuck about this but pundits and media looking to shit on Harper and McKay.



andyt wrote:
So you want McKay fired because of what you consider shit flinging by the media and what you consider standard accounting practices? (Maybe CRA should look at the books of your business.) Why?


There's more than one topic on this subject on CKA.

I think he should step down because the department wasn't transparent as they should have been and politically, he's a liability. I suspect he'll be moved in a Cabinet shuffle this summer.

The point is, andy...the ROC doesn't care. We care because we are interested in politics. For everyone else, this isn't even a blip on the radar.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13489

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:24 am
 


...S&P and Moody's...the same people who rated sub-prime mortgages and toxic derivatives AAA then fought all measures to regulate their behaviour.

It's no surpise they give pro-regulatory governments the stink-eye.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:30 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
...S&P and Moody's...the same people who rated sub-prime mortgages and toxic derivatives AAA then fought all measures to regulate their behaviour.

It's no surpise they give pro-regulatory governments the stink-eye.


Yet if this was directed at Harper or any right-of-centre government, it would be the God's honest truth.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13962
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:06 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
...S&P and Moody's...the same people who rated sub-prime mortgages and toxic derivatives AAA then fought all measures to regulate their behaviour.

It's no surpise they give pro-regulatory governments the stink-eye.

I finally figured what the letters in S&P stand for. Screw & Plunder.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13489

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:50 am
 


OnTheIce wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
...S&P and Moody's...the same people who rated sub-prime mortgages and toxic derivatives AAA then fought all measures to regulate their behaviour.

It's no surpise they give pro-regulatory governments the stink-eye.


Yet if this was directed at Harper or any right-of-centre government, it would be the God's honest truth.


Nope, I even trust harper more than that crowd.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Previous  1  2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.