canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:09 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
How would that be more complex than the modern stock exchange?

It would be more complex in sheer volume. How many stock trades does a typical person make in a year compared to, say, how many times they drive their car or run their furnace? Like I said, I don't disagree with the principle, but I've yet to see the outline of a plan for how it would happen in practice.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:18 pm

Lemmy wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
How would that be more complex than the modern stock exchange?

It would be more complex in sheer volume. How many stock trades does a typical person make in a year compared to, say, how many times they drive their car or run their furnace? Like I said, I don't disagree with the principle, but I've yet to see the outline of a plan for how it would happen in practice.

Well, I don't think they're imagining that people would have a cap in place over them, only certain emitters and businesses, like factories and the like. And I don't think it's per-use, it's something like emissions per year or per month.

But just to add to my earlier comment, aside from the stock exchange, the electricity market is one where electrical generation is demanded by the system operator and the generating contract is auctioned off to power generator(s) 5 minutes prior to delivery, and every 5 minutes throughout the day.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:23 pm

BeaverFever wrote:
Oh and here's the new party logo:

Ahh! PROGRESSIVE Conservatives. Giddy fiddy must be...well...concerned :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Yeah, I don't know how it would be constructed or measured either. But there would have to be an active hand in operating the system. Taxes are easier. They just work. People adjust their consumption according to their demand and the whole thing works automatically without a system operator or enforcement agency or any other operational mechanisms/agencies/software, etc, etc.