CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14114

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:24 am
 


Quote:
Opposition parties are rejecting the findings of a legislative committee report into the deletion of government emails on two cancelled gas plants.

"This was the cover-up of a cover-up," bluntly stated NDP MPP Jagmeet Singh, further calling it a "whitewash of a whitewash."

"The deletion of emails was covering up the truth, and now the report that's been tabled further covers up that truth," he said.


http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/o ... -1.2961317

Whew. What a relief to know that the Ontario govt "investigated" itself and determined they did nothing illegal.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:56 am
 


The people of Ontario don't care.

We're far more interested in a mayor with a drug habit than governments stealing billions to buy elections or bribing officials.

Priorities! Steal money and bribe people...but stay away from the drugs. That's bad.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13419
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 am
 


The incompetent planners at Hydro are also culpable. None of this should ever have happened if they had done their jobs properly.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14114

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:35 am
 


OnTheIce wrote:
The people of Ontario don't care.

Of course they care. They just don't care when it's the party they support. I swear to God when it comes to blind, partisan stupidity, the Ontario liberal supporter has got it knocked.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
Profile
Posts: 32562
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 am
 


I don't understand why there wasn't criminal charges.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14114

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:50 am
 


Regina wrote:
I don't understand why there wasn't criminal charges.

Because it involves top level politicians. We all know how that works.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:52 am
 


PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
The people of Ontario don't care.

Of course they care. They just don't care when it's the party they support. I swear to God when it comes to blind, partisan stupidity, the Ontario liberal supporter has got it knocked.


which is why ontario has had a succession of conservative and even an NDP government, unlike an open minded province like Alberta. Maybe Ontarians remember the Mike Harris govt and are still gun shy. Seems the last couple of elections were the cons' to lose, and lose them they did.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:56 am
 


andyt wrote:
PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
The people of Ontario don't care.

Of course they care. They just don't care when it's the party they support. I swear to God when it comes to blind, partisan stupidity, the Ontario liberal supporter has got it knocked.


which is why ontario has had a succession of conservative and even an NDP government, unlike an open minded province like Alberta. Maybe Ontarians remember the Mike Harris govt and are still gun shy. Seems the last couple of elections were the cons' to lose, and lose them they did.


Ontario needs another Mike Harris.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 am
 


seems to be the minority view at the moment. What it really seems to need is a conservative leader who doesn't put his foot in his mouth and knows how to appeal to voters.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
Profile
Posts: 32562
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 am
 


In retrospect Mike Harris followed up on his election promises, which no one would really expect him to do. The following NDP did far more damage to our healthcare which we are still paying for.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:10 am
 


The province probably voted NDP because they were traumatized by the Harris govt, and that's why they don't want to go con again when he talks of huge cuts to the civil service. They're not ready for slash and burn, but probably would go for a George H Bush type of conservative.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
Profile
Posts: 32562
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:22 am
 


andyt wrote:
The province probably voted NDP because they were traumatized by the Harris govt, and that's why they don't want to go con again when he talks of huge cuts to the civil service. They're not ready for slash and burn, but probably would go for a George H Bush type of conservative.

Exactly what did Mike Harris "slash and burn" while in office?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13419
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:37 am
 


Selling off a cash cow like the 407 was SERIOUSLY DUMB.

The "slash and burn" part is mostly propaganda ... cut-backs, yes, lots of them but the place was technically bankrupt when they came to power. Everybody should briefly have an NDP government ... once ... to prevent it from happening again.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13419
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 am
 


Regina wrote:
In retrospect Mike Harris followed up on his election promises, which no one would really expect him to do. The following NDP did far more damage to our healthcare which we are still paying for.



Mike Harris followed Bob Rae and his merry NDP band, not the other way around. Ernie Eaves followed Harris and Dalton McGinty's Liberals have been in power since them.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:51 am
 


Regina wrote:
andyt wrote:
The province probably voted NDP because they were traumatized by the Harris govt, and that's why they don't want to go con again when he talks of huge cuts to the civil service. They're not ready for slash and burn, but probably would go for a George H Bush type of conservative.

Exactly what did Mike Harris "slash and burn" while in office?


Plenty has been written about it. Since Wynne won on the slogan "Hudak wants to finish what Harris started," many Ontarians seem to agree.

Those on the right, of course, won't see it that way. Probably a solid base of dyed in the wool Cons in Ontario, despite PA9 seemingly saying only the Liberal supporters are that ignorant.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  1  2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.