canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Saffron wrote:
Cute little peckerhead when it's alive, though. I've never seen one in Quebec.

Uh no. They are anything but cute. Ugliest freakin' rodent I've ever seen. Ugly snout and paws, no hair on it's ass or tail. Just freakin' ugly.

Had them on USABabes property in KY.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Robair wrote:
Saffron wrote:

Uh no. They are anything but cute. Ugliest freakin' rodent I've ever seen. Ugly snout and paws, no hair on it's ass or tail. Just freakin' ugly.

I concur 100%! Ugly, mean, and makes a god-awful racket when upset. Best used for zeroing your rifle!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Robair wrote:
Saffron wrote:

Actually Robair, they are not rodents but marsupials. Have a pouch. They are, however, dumber than snot on a stick.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:49 pm

Alright then, they're uglier than any rodent I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:16 am

The degree of how aesthetically pleasing something is, is entirely subjective. I still think it's cute.
:D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:23 am

2Cdo wrote:
PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
Nope, it's cuz we don't eat 'em :lol:

Well, not that often anyways. :oops:

Heh, before my back was broken, I was in a bar band that did some touring in Ontario and Michigan. Times were pretty rough when we were on the road, particularily when we were younger. Well, sometimes hunger makes you eat strange things, so one some occasions when we came across fresh road-kill, we'd clean it up, throw it in a pot of some canned spaghetti and have our infamous,(and almost indigestible) Road-ghetti. [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:38 am

Saw lots of them in the Lower Mainland...usually as roadkill, but quite a few live ones. I think them and porcupines tie for most frequent roadkill.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:44 am

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Saw lots of them in the Lower Mainland...usually as roadkill, but quite a few live ones. I think them and porcupines tie for most frequent roadkill.

I think for Southern Ontario it's 'coons and skunks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 am

Lots of racoons in BC too. I remember sitting eating some KFC and a mother and her young(she kept them back at first) came right up to me and sat there waiting for the left overs.

We had plenty of skunks, at our place in Manitoba, that raided the garbage cans too. We often went down to the dump with a .22 and pick off skunks and rats.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:58 am

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Lots of racoons in BC too. I remember sitting eating some KFC and a mother and her young(she kept them back at first) came right up to me and sat there waiting for the left overs.

We had plenty of skunks, at our place in Manitoba, that raided the garbage cans too. We often went down to the dump with a .22 and pick off skunks and rats.

That's cute about the raccoons. One of the places I lived in Windsor, I actually had a squirrel crawl up my leg to beg for some of the peanut butter sandwich I was eating. Those squirrels had been there for generations and got quite used to people. As long as you didn't make any sudden movements, they sure weren't shy.

I hated those damn black birds when I lived in Winnipeg. Almost everybody on our block had 'em, except my next door neighbour. So I asked him, how come he never had any black birds in his yard. He told me that if you kill one of them and hang it upside down in a tree, the rest of them will never come back to your yard. So I tried it and it worked like a charm. Gave me a great idea on how to keep Jehova's Witless away too :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Just for you Woofer:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:27 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:

That'll be skunks and deer in my neck of the woods...

God, the skunks are obviously around. EVERY FREAKIN MORNING there is skunk smell coming in my house because the neighbours cat likes to be outside at night. The fuckers obviously fight, with the result that those stupid skunks smell like hell. YUK!! :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Brenda wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:

That'll be skunks and deer in my neck of the woods...

God, the skunks are obviously around. EVERY FREAKIN MORNING there is skunk smell coming in my house because the neighbours cat likes to be outside at night. The fuckers obviously fight, with the result that those stupid skunks smell like hell. YUK!! :evil:

Are ya sure yer neighbours aren't smoking some killer weed? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 pm

:lol: there is a slight difference between the 2!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Possums are as common here as groundhogs in Ontario. I see them all the time on the property, and they seem to grow used to people being around all the time. I understand they actually make a decent pet. They’re really kinda cute until they open their mouths. They go from this cute “little” mousey looking thing to something like a great white shark. Wall to wall needle teeth! They’re really harmless of course. I wasn’t aware of the thing about horses though. We’ve never had a problem though. I’ll be sure to mention it the wife though. She’s the horse expert.