CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2587
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:03 pm
 


Mayor Miller, the socialist Mayor of that "World Class City" otherwise known as Toronto, announced today that Toronto is preparing to celebrate its second annual "Bob Marley Day" in his fair city on February 6th.

This is to honour the Jamaican Regge singer.

Of course, Marley's only connection to Toronto is that a number of people in Toronto come from Jamaica.

What's next? Madonna day for Torontonians who like catchy dance songs? How about Frank Sinatra Day for Torontonians of Italian descent?

I know, let's have a "Tupac Shakur Day" for the City's growing population of Crips!


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1205
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:05 pm
 


Sounds like you dont like Toronto......I'd say calm down a bit....its just a little celebration.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1293
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:06 pm
 


How about Redneck Days in Etobicoke?





PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:08 pm
 


kerfuffled wrote:
How about Redneck Days in Etobicoke?


Alberta allready took that one.

:lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 10906
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:22 pm
 


Vote buying asshole, welll then again maybe he's grouping all the bad guys in one location. na he's still a asshole.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20740
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:03 pm
 


Motorcycleboy wrote:
Mayor Miller, the socialist Mayor of that "World Class City" otherwise known as Toronto, announced today that Toronto is preparing to celebrate its second annual "Bob Marley Day" in his fair city on February 6th.

This is to honour the Jamaican Regge singer.

Of course, Marley's only connection to Toronto is that a number of people in Toronto come from Jamaica.

What's next? Madonna day for Torontonians who like catchy dance songs? How about Frank Sinatra Day for Torontonians of Italian descent?

I know, let's have a "Tupac Shakur Day" for the City's growing population of Crips!


This would be the reason my opinion of you stands. Yet again you take an opportunity to attack and degrade some aspect of Canadiana (I'm well aware of the contradiction in blasting you for attacking a proposed festival honouring a non-CDN and non-T.O. person). Perhaps he does have a greater connection then you know. Regardless you post only attacks without any "criticism" of sorts.

BTW, Tupac was "affiliated" with the bloods and was probably shot by a crips member avenging the beating of a fellow member.

If T.O decided to honour The Rolling Stones would you find it out of order?


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 982
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:12 pm
 


DerbyX wrote:
Motorcycleboy wrote:
Mayor Miller, the socialist Mayor of that "World Class City" otherwise known as Toronto, announced today that Toronto is preparing to celebrate its second annual "Bob Marley Day" in his fair city on February 6th.

This is to honour the Jamaican Regge singer.

Of course, Marley's only connection to Toronto is that a number of people in Toronto come from Jamaica.

What's next? Madonna day for Torontonians who like catchy dance songs? How about Frank Sinatra Day for Torontonians of Italian descent?

I know, let's have a "Tupac Shakur Day" for the City's growing population of Crips!


This would be the reason my opinion of you stands. Yet again you take an opportunity to attack and degrade some aspect of Canadiana (I'm well aware of the contradiction in blasting you for attacking a proposed festival honouring a non-CDN and non-T.O. person). Perhaps he does have a greater connection then you know. Regardless you post only attacks without any "criticism" of sorts.

BTW, Tupac was "affiliated" with the bloods and was probably shot by a crips member avenging the beating of a fellow member.

If T.O decided to honour The Rolling Stones would you find it out of order?
Sure he would.. unless the Stones said they despised anything left or Liberal.

Btw.. you're right on target with your opinion of tricycle boy





PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:13 pm
 


Quote:
BTW, Tupac was "affiliated" with the bloods

His light man says your wrong. I know him,nice guy.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 10906
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:14 pm
 


Canadiana haha , he’s a dead dope smoking Jamaican. Why not a dead alcoholic from Australia (bon scott)?

I'll tell you, cause there is no vote buying from the whites.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8498
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:16 pm
 


I personally have zero time for Toronto. At the same time, I don't think this is sucj a big deal. At least, it's not worth the slander of the opening post.

Here's a apart of Dave Miller's proclimation for Bob Marley Day:

Quote:
through his music, Bob Marley became an international ambassador for peace, courageously speaking out against oppression, poverty, slavery, apartheid and for human rights, and was honoured by the United Nations with the Peace Medal of the Third World and by his home country of Jamaica with the Order of Merit.


Is that a bad thing? Is it any worse than when Paul Martin used to have Bono at his side? Remember, this is a municipal proclimation, not a federal one.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20740
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:20 pm
 


ziggy wrote:
Quote:
BTW, Tupac was "affiliated" with the bloods

His light man says your wrong. I know him,nice guy.


I am not sure if you are being serious or joking, but:

Quote:
A yearlong investigation by The Times reconstructed the crime and the events leading up to it. Evidence gathered by the paper indicates:

• The shooting was carried out by a Compton gang called the Southside Crips to avenge the beating of one of its members by Shakur a few hours earlier.

• Orlando Anderson, the Crip whom Shakur had attacked, fired the fatal shots. Las Vegas police discounted Anderson as a suspect and interviewed him only once, briefly. He was later killed in an unrelated gang shooting.

• The murder weapon was supplied by New York rapper Notorious B.I.G., who agreed to pay the Crips $1 million for killing Shakur. Notorious B.I.G. and Shakur had been feuding for more than a year, exchanging insults on recordings and at award shows and concerts. B.I.G. was gunned down six months later in Los Angeles. That killing also remains unsolved.

Before they died, Notorious B.I.G. and Anderson denied any role in Shakur's death. This account of what they and others did that night is based on police affidavits and court documents as well as interviews with investigators, witnesses to the crime and members of the Southside Crips who had never before discussed the killing outside the gang.

Fearing retribution, they agreed to be interviewed only if their names were not revealed.


Part and parcel of the ongoing feud was Tupac being chummy with bloods even if it was for media purposes.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20740
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:22 pm
 


Ruserious wrote:
DerbyX wrote:
Motorcycleboy wrote:
Mayor Miller, the socialist Mayor of that "World Class City" otherwise known as Toronto, announced today that Toronto is preparing to celebrate its second annual "Bob Marley Day" in his fair city on February 6th.

This is to honour the Jamaican Regge singer.

Of course, Marley's only connection to Toronto is that a number of people in Toronto come from Jamaica.

What's next? Madonna day for Torontonians who like catchy dance songs? How about Frank Sinatra Day for Torontonians of Italian descent?

I know, let's have a "Tupac Shakur Day" for the City's growing population of Crips!


This would be the reason my opinion of you stands. Yet again you take an opportunity to attack and degrade some aspect of Canadiana (I'm well aware of the contradiction in blasting you for attacking a proposed festival honouring a non-CDN and non-T.O. person). Perhaps he does have a greater connection then you know. Regardless you post only attacks without any "criticism" of sorts.

BTW, Tupac was "affiliated" with the bloods and was probably shot by a crips member avenging the beating of a fellow member.

If T.O decided to honour The Rolling Stones would you find it out of order?
Sure he would.. unless the Stones said they despised anything left or Liberal.

Btw.. you're right on target with your opinion of tricycle boy


If some muslim terrorist group came out against the Liberals we would see MCB posting "allah ackbar" after every post. :lol:





PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:25 pm
 


Quote:
I am not sure if you are being serious or joking, but:


He even has a forum in BC. :wink:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 10906
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:26 pm
 


bossdog wrote:
I personally have zero time for Toronto. At the same time, I don't think this is sucj a big deal. At least, it's not worth the slander of the opening post.

Here's a apart of Dave Miller's proclimation for Bob Marley Day:

Quote:
through his music, Bob Marley became an international ambassador for peace, courageously speaking out against oppression, poverty, slavery, apartheid and for human rights, and was honoured by the United Nations with the Peace Medal of the Third World and by his home country of Jamaica with the Order of Merit.


Is that a bad thing? Is it any worse than when Paul Martin used to have Bono at his side? Remember, this is a municipal proclimation, not a federal one.


ambassador for peace? Well damn if you were cooked 24x7 you'd be for peace too. Peace and munchies


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20740
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:29 pm
 


ziggy wrote:
Quote:
I am not sure if you are being serious or joking, but:


He even has a forum in BC. :wink:


[huh]

Excuse my ignorance but I just spent the last 3 days debating MCB and it tends to drag the intelligence down in order to communicate effectively at his level.

Were you joking about Tupac or do you have knowledge that he was affiliated with the crips?


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.