Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 pm

Avro Avro:
Yawn...put up or shut up rich boy.

I know you can't.

Ok now you’re interrupting the west coast feed of CSI, get back to work or go to bed mop boy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:39 pm

Avro Avro:
BurytheNDPforgood BurytheNDPforgood:
Avro Avro:
Avro Avro:
Avro Avro:

NDPguy
NDPguy:
The biggest joke is their abuse of "professional days", often the day before a long weekend.

You're making that up.

In Ontario they have three of them one for each report card and none fall on long weekends.

Hey if they have it so good become one.

No thanks. Neither me or my missus even have a degree and we earn about $160,000 per year combined. Good enough for me.

No striking, no Union bullying, no bullshit rallies. Just getting on with life and working hard.

I'm not making up the professional days thing....I am told by some of the parents I work with that that is the case. I also have clients who are teachers.

Okay fair enough, but teachers make the same.

In Ontario it's three and none fall on long weekends.

Prove it's different in BC.

Avro, all I know is that I have had clients and co-workers complain about it a couple of times before, the day before a long weekend. In fact I think there was one occurence, a week or so after they went back to work after the last strike out here. I just couldn't believe it.

I know teachers make a lot of money. And so do Nurses these days. So I think there was a time when they deserved to be striking, but now days I don't think it's warranted. I am a Financial Advisor, and I can tell you all the teachers and nurses I deal with are making good money. And getting a big fat pension too.

What about the special needs thing. Can anyone confirm that it was the teachers themselves that thought it would be a good idea to include them with the rest of the students?

I know they make good money, no need to tell me.

So if they have it so good why not become one?

You could work in a private school you know.

As far as the special needs kids thing goes that must be a BC issue because in Ontario we have different rooms for that in two differet levels.

No, I like my profession.

That's interesting, so you're saying that you still divide them out there. I'm pretty sure that the BC Teachers Union voted to put them in the same classrooms and now they can't handle it, and it's one of their main complaints and reasons for their striking.

You get my point, it's tough to be taken seriously when you are striking against something you voted for in the first place.

Ya but teaching can be so much fun, you must be good at math.

Try coaching, I do it in the school it's a blast.

I do get your point, seems silly. I don't know the details so I will stop there.

I've actually coached a lot in the past....U-16 Boys Soccer, Women's soccer and Men's soccer....and I enjoy it. I will likely do it again in the future.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:49 pm

Avro Avro:
NDPguy NDPguy:
I've actually coached a lot in the past....U-16 Boys Soccer, Women's soccer and Men's soccer....and I enjoy it. I will likely do it again in the future.

I know it's fun and you can do it for money in the education system for the same money as you are earning now.

btw I coach golf.

12 handicap at Royalashburn.
I took golfing lessons there....then I realised How much I sucked and gave up :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:00 pm

Avro Avro:
Tricks Tricks:
Avro Avro:
NDPguy NDPguy:

I know it's fun and you can do it for money in the education system for the same money as you are earning now.

btw I coach golf.

I took golfing lessons there....then I realised How much I sucked and gave up :P

Never give up....first rule of life.

You gave up after high school. I doubt it was your life long ambition to be a mop jockey. :lol:

A 12 handicap and you coach golf? I feel bad for your students.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:09 pm

Avro Avro:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Avro Avro:
Tricks Tricks:
Avro Avro:
NDPguy NDPguy:

btw I coach golf.

You gave up after high school. I doubt it was your life long ambition to be a mop jockey. :lol:

I gave up eh? You have no idea. Whatever you say H.

At that golf course that's not bad.

But of course your're better right?

The slope of the course is not even posted on their site. I'm thinking a 132 and if you have a real handicap is must be logged, i'll bet his isn't even entered in the database.

I just checked Avro the Mopper isn't listed.

nice try slick.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:41 am

Avro Avro:
hwacker hwacker:
Avro Avro:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Avro Avro:
Tricks Tricks:
Avro Avro:
NDPguy NDPguy:

btw I coach golf.

I gave up eh? You have no idea. Whatever you say H.

At that golf course that's not bad.

But of course your're better right?

The slope of the course is not even posted on their site. I'm thinking a 132 and if you have a real handicap is must be logged, i'll bet his isn't even entered in the database.

I just checked Avro the Mopper isn't listed.

nice try slick.

Umm yeah, nice try super duper rich guy.

What's my name asswipe.

Let's see the dough......boy.

ROTFL

Do you coach at R.A?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:27 am

These so-called "teachers" are earning $95 000 a year with excellent pension and other benefits for less than 9 months work a year.

They have no justification for walking out.

Nobody in their right mind would argue otherwise.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:41 am

Motorcycleboy Motorcycleboy:
These so-called "teachers" are earning $95 000 a year with excellent pension and other benefits for less than 9 months work a year.

They have no justification for walking out.

Nobody in their right mind would argue otherwise.

95K a year.....I don't think so

95% of teachers voted in favour of the strike, that must meen they're doing it for a reason, and money isin't their primary concern anyways.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:34 am

What about private sector workers?

Private Sector Unions aren't as bad. Eg. Safeway workers go on strike, I go to Save-On, etc.

There is competition in the private sector, which minimizes Union power.

The sectors you mentioned do not have competition. That's why they abuse their Union power. The customer ultimately suffers.

Its not as bad but it is still silly. I got hired at a duty free store and apparently they had unionized there and decided to go on strike. When we got back out pay wen from minimum wage to $10, we got 1000 bonus right away and 500 after 6 months, and a whole bunch of little stuff. It was rediculous. I enjoyed it, but still it was way over the top.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:40 am

Tricks Tricks:
I don't have a problem with Fire fighter, police, doctor, paramedic unions. They can't really strike, and they do sometimes deserve more money. It's the teachers union that I don't like.

We don't have kids yet, but when we do, we will be putting them in a private school. The Teachers Unions are full of muppets.

The biggest joke is their abuse of "professional days", often the day before a long weekend.

Regarding class size, wasn't it the teachers unions themselves (in BC anyway) who voted to have special needs students in the same class as everyone else. Now they can't handle it, so they want more money?

WTF?

Somebody please explain.

The put professional days before weekend nad long weekend to make it easier for families who want to go on vacation. People think that hte teachers slack off too but my mom had to go in every single one of those days and they were often longer than a regular school day. They are those annoying days that you get at all jobs, ya know, required cpr training, fire safety, the principal saying whats wrong with the school and trying to get thigns fixed.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next