Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:28 pm

Umm I got it from old union info my mom had, and from the pension info my mom got from the union.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:46 pm

She never said it was 30 years though, it was some formula of your age plus your teaching years and somethign else I thought.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:53 pm

Avro Avro:
$1:
Id like to know which teachers you deal with! Starting salary in Toronto is 25k, max is somewhere around 72k, and pension? Are you kidding, after being a teacher for almost 25 years my mom has less than 300k in her pension. And all of it is just taken off her paycheck regularily.

Where the hell do you get your info from?

A teacher pension never runs out.......ever. When they retire they can also plop themselves in a classroom for five hours supply teaching (baby sitting) for 180 a day......poor babies. :cry:

She pays for it from her pay like I do but the other half is ponied up by the board not to mention the extended health care benifits which I and many other people on the planet don't get.

25k? Try 30k and it skyrockets from there and at a max as far as I can see of 80,000 for a senior teacher in elementary schools and high school teachers are getting close to six figures.

Not to mention that right from the start they get 3 months holidays.

They don't get paid in the summer but the last check they recieve represents 16% of their entire income, if they can't manage, they're idiots.

I actually had one teacher tell me (her husband is a big wig at the National Post) that a hundred thousand dollars isn't a lot of money

....I bit my tougue hard that day.

Avro is smack on? 25k to start? Hardly. Avro's numbers are right on the money.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14