CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:18 pm
 


I have a beautiful 7 year old little girl who is Autistic...I wrote this for her.
Thank you for allowing me to post it...


[font=Verdana]Kaitlyns Song

Freely she runs the breeze in her hair
In her young life she has not a care
Her words are few but her spirit is strong
She lives everyday like a beautiful song
The challenges we face with her each day
Make us wonder...will we be okay
What does she think..what's in her mind?
We wish dear God could help us find
A way to help her live in this world
and even a cure for our Autistic girl
Then we look into her precious eyes
and know that her true beauty lies
In her soul, so loving so pure
could it be us, that needs the cure
to understand to let her grow
in her own way and let her know
no matter what her life may bring
we will always give her the right to sing
her beautiful song....
By her Mom (Beth)
2005
[/font]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 11052
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:29 pm
 


That is beautifull...with that depth of emotion ...your child shall thrive......My son is 26 years old has aspergers syndrome He works part time at our local library...and graduated form high school with honors....My wife is to thank for his sucess,as she has devoted her life to working with not just him...but with other special needs children...She has currently gone back to collage at the age of forty nine...for her ECD degree so she can move from the private sector...in to the public school system....Ps I thank god for them both every night before I close my eyes....May you child find all the blessings that mine has ....thank your for sharing


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:46 pm
 


Thank you for your kind words...that is very inspiring about your son and your wife.

One thing we are learning is that these kids have a real drive to do the very best they can with what they were given. Our daughter inspires us every day.

God Bless you too!


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:52 pm
 


Thankyou to bebe9 and fatbasturd regarding the poem on autism. I have a 12 year old child with aspergers syndrome also and there are times that you think that they should be normal but we should try to live in there world and understand them. It must be so difficult. Thanks again





PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:45 am
 


The song "Mother" by Pink Floyd was playing when I first read your poem.
I dont know if you know the song or lyrics but it seemed fitting and gave me goosebumps.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:39 am
 


Ziggy, I'm not familiar with the song, but I'm touched that my poem had moved you. thank you.

Robinski it seems like there are alot of us out there with special needs children, our daughter has a form of Autism - Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS). We are continously working with her, sometimes it seems like such an uphill battle, but I have to say she is the most loving child at times and it makes it all worth it.

I feel that my poem is dedicated not only to my daughter, but to all special needs children. We can learn alot from them.





PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:50 am
 


bebe9 wrote:
Ziggy, I'm not familiar with the song, but I'm touched that my poem had moved you. thank you.

Robinski it seems like there are alot of us out there with special needs children, our daughter has a form of Autism - Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS). We are continously working with her, sometimes it seems like such an uphill battle, but I have to say she is the most loving child at times and it makes it all worth it.

I feel that my poem is dedicated not only to my daughter, but to all special needs children. We can learn alot from them.

Here's the lyrics from Pink Floyd.

Quote:
Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother, do you think they'll like this song?
Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?
Mother, should I build the wall?
Mother, should I run for President?
Mother, should I trust the government?
Mother, will they put me in the firing line?
Is it just a waste of time?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry
Momma's gonna make all of your nightmares come true
Momma's gonna put all of her fears into you
Momma's gonna keep you right here under her wing
She won't let you fly, but she might let you sing
Momma's will keep Baby cozy and warm
Oooo Babe
Oooo Babe
Ooo Babe, of course Momma's gonna help build the wall

Mother, do you think she's good enough
For me?
Mother, do you think she's dangerous
To me?
Mother will she tear your little boy apart?
Mother, will she break my heart?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry
Momma's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you
Momma won't let anyone dirty get through
Momma's gonna wait up until you get in
Momma will always find out where you've been
Momma's gonna keep Baby healthy and clean
Oooo Babe
Oooo Babe
Ooo Babe, you'll always be Baby to me

Mother, did it need to be so high?



I think my allmost 12 year old god daughter is autistic,most everyone including her social workers thought it was because of her fathers death from cancer 2 years ago(her behaviour).So your poem piqued my interest and I did some reading up on it(Autism).She has allmost all the traits so now I at least have something to go on.

:wink:


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:57 pm
 


ziggy wrote:
bebe9 wrote:
Ziggy, I'm not familiar with the song, but I'm touched that my poem had moved you. thank you.

Robinski it seems like there are alot of us out there with special needs children, our daughter has a form of Autism - Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS). We are continously working with her, sometimes it seems like such an uphill battle, but I have to say she is the most loving child at times and it makes it all worth it.

I feel that my poem is dedicated not only to my daughter, but to all special needs children. We can learn alot from them.

Here's the lyrics from Pink Floyd.

Quote:
Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother, do you think they'll like this song?
Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?
Mother, should I build the wall?
Mother, should I run for President?
Mother, should I trust the government?
Mother, will they put me in the firing line?
Is it just a waste of time?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry
Momma's gonna make all of your nightmares come true
Momma's gonna put all of her fears into you
Momma's gonna keep you right here under her wing
She won't let you fly, but she might let you sing
Momma's will keep Baby cozy and warm
Oooo Babe
Oooo Babe
Ooo Babe, of course Momma's gonna help build the wall

Mother, do you think she's good enough
For me?
Mother, do you think she's dangerous
To me?
Mother will she tear your little boy apart?
Mother, will she break my heart?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry
Momma's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you
Momma won't let anyone dirty get through
Momma's gonna wait up until you get in
Momma will always find out where you've been
Momma's gonna keep Baby healthy and clean
Oooo Babe
Oooo Babe
Ooo Babe, you'll always be Baby to me

Mother, did it need to be so high?



I think my allmost 12 year old god daughter is autistic,most everyone including her social workers thought it was because of her fathers death from cancer 2 years ago(her behaviour).So your poem piqued my interest and I did some reading up on it(Autism).She has allmost all the traits so now I at least have something to go on.

:wink:


Wow Ziggy that's pretty deep. Actually I was asking my hubby about that song and he knew it, he's into that music too, thought that was pretty insightful. I'm glad you are looking into the Autism information for you god daughter. The more you know, the more you can help her.
Our daughter was diagnosed when she was 3 yrs old, we thought at first she just had a hearing problem, as she was a completely normal baby. We were devastated at first, cried alot, then realized that you deal with what you are given. While I at most times fear for her vulnerability, she also has a strength of character that is amazing. Thanks for sharing.





PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:01 pm
 


bebe9 wrote:
ziggy wrote:
bebe9 wrote:
Ziggy, I'm not familiar with the song, but I'm touched that my poem had moved you. thank you.

Robinski it seems like there are alot of us out there with special needs children, our daughter has a form of Autism - Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS). We are continously working with her, sometimes it seems like such an uphill battle, but I have to say she is the most loving child at times and it makes it all worth it.

I feel that my poem is dedicated not only to my daughter, but to all special needs children. We can learn alot from them.

Here's the lyrics from Pink Floyd.

Quote:
Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother, do you think they'll like this song?
Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?
Mother, should I build the wall?
Mother, should I run for President?
Mother, should I trust the government?
Mother, will they put me in the firing line?
Is it just a waste of time?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry
Momma's gonna make all of your nightmares come true
Momma's gonna put all of her fears into you
Momma's gonna keep you right here under her wing
She won't let you fly, but she might let you sing
Momma's will keep Baby cozy and warm
Oooo Babe
Oooo Babe
Ooo Babe, of course Momma's gonna help build the wall

Mother, do you think she's good enough
For me?
Mother, do you think she's dangerous
To me?
Mother will she tear your little boy apart?
Mother, will she break my heart?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry
Momma's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you
Momma won't let anyone dirty get through
Momma's gonna wait up until you get in
Momma will always find out where you've been
Momma's gonna keep Baby healthy and clean
Oooo Babe
Oooo Babe
Ooo Babe, you'll always be Baby to me

Mother, did it need to be so high?



I think my allmost 12 year old god daughter is autistic,most everyone including her social workers thought it was because of her fathers death from cancer 2 years ago(her behaviour).So your poem piqued my interest and I did some reading up on it(Autism).She has allmost all the traits so now I at least have something to go on.

:wink:


Wow Ziggy that's pretty deep. Actually I was asking my hubby about that song and he knew it, he's into that music too, thought that was pretty insightful. I'm glad you are looking into the Autism information for you god daughter. The more you know, the more you can help her.
Our daughter was diagnosed when she was 3 yrs old, we thought at first she just had a hearing problem, as she was a completely normal baby. We were devastated at first, cried alot, then realized that you deal with what you are given. While I at most times fear for her vulnerability, she also has a strength of character that is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I like to think of Emily as gifted,she's really blowing me away with her art now. :D


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 38
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:29 pm
 


yes Ziggy most of the time children with these traits do have special gifts.
They are usually brilliant with their gifts.

Kaitlyn absolutely loves music, she has several CD's, knows exactly what she wants to hear and knows how to put in the the CD player and program it etc. That may sound simple to some, but considering she does not communicate verbally very much it is awesome to us. She has not displayed any other "gifts" yet.
however...we do consider her a gift!


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2639
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:52 am
 


that was beautiful,indeed.my sisters eldest son was diagnosed with autism when he was 12.before that she always thought he was just extremely shy.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.