CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:35 am
 


Hi,

For those who haven't heard there is a political party
called Affiliation Quebec that will be holding a meeting
this Sunday which will be met by a demonstration set up
by 'Les Jeunes Patriotes' a sovereignist group.

If you are interested in attending and lending your support
click here for the details visit Affiliation Quebec's website


To have a look at the poster the jeunes partriotes are
circulating to rally their troops click here look up les
Jeunes Patriotes in Google.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20740
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:41 am
 


That sounds like a very good party in principle.

The question I need to ask is that does it risk splitting the federalist vote between to parties thereby giving the PQ renewed strength?


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:49 am
 


DerbyX wrote:
That sounds like a very good party in principle.

The question I need to ask is that does it risk splitting the federalist vote between to parties thereby giving the PQ renewed strength?


Unfortunately yes, it will take away from the Liberal's federalist base.
But if you look at the way the Liberals have not been sticking up for
Anglophones, Allophones and Immigrants, they will should cede a
seat or two for a party that intends to tackle these duties.

I or one am not woried bout the PQ, but I am worried about the issues they are
raising and what the other parties will do with them. even the Federalist Liberals
have been talking about imposing French. Why should they benefit from the
minority vote?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20740
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:03 am
 


MistaB wrote:
DerbyX wrote:
That sounds like a very good party in principle.

The question I need to ask is that does it risk splitting the federalist vote between to parties thereby giving the PQ renewed strength?


Unfortunately yes, it will take away from the Liberal's federalist base.
But if you look at the way the Liberals have not been sticking up for
Anglophones, Allophones and Immigrants, they will should cede a
seat or two for a party that intends to tackle these duties.

I or one am not woried bout the PQ, but I am worried about the issues they are
raising and what the other parties will do with them. even the Federalist Liberals
have been talking about imposing French. Why should they benefit from the
minority vote?


I agree with you. The Libs have towed "the line" with regards to almost racist enforcement of french language and have only ever skirted the idea that Quebec would be sliced and diced into portions like a xmas turkey should they ever win a referendum.

There should indeed be a party that represents those who will never ever surrender themselves to the seperatist ideology of a country and who will show them that they are oppressing the rights of "the minority" far worse then they ever claimed happened to them.

You got my vote. Of course I live in Ontario. C'est la Vie. :wink:


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 935
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 pm
 


I have been watching the development of this party closely. If I lived in MTL I would vote for them, but I live in Saguenay.

My worry isn't so much for the language laws. I think French ought to be protected and promoted. My worry is that all the parties here at the provincial level are Nationalistic, and there is no party out there saying 'Yeah, well we're staunch Canadians and proud of it. We're not afraid to call a spade a spade.'

And that's why I would vote for this party. It's time Quebec shat or got off the pot. Either separate or get with the fucking programme.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7648
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:02 pm
 


we dont need any more sovereignist groups in Quebec ...we are starting to move forward in canada and we are now recognized as a nation unique within... most Quebecers want sound government, a good economy and protection of our language.(french) and we have that... the liberal government is continuing the protections that have been gained since the PQ became a party.. so no we dont need another separatist movent .... non merci.. jamais!


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 935
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:22 pm
 


kenmore wrote:
we dont need any more sovereignist groups in Quebec ...we are starting to move forward in canada and we are now recognized as a nation unique within... most Quebecers want sound government, a good economy and protection of our language.(french) and we have that... the liberal government is continuing the protections that have been gained since the PQ became a party.. so no we dont need another separatist movent .... non merci.. jamais!


Afilliation Québec is not a separatist party. It's exactly the contrary. It's a party for staunch Canadians in Quebec, hell bent on protecting the rights of Anglophones and other minorities against the racist majority of Quebeckers who think that the province is some kind of country which belongs to them and them alone, that it's fundamentally their territory just because of the language they speak, and because their great great great grandfather came here from France and subjugated those already living here. That's the generally accepted truth at the moment, and AQ is totally against that and they'd be the only party to be so.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7648
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:13 pm
 


Je suis desole ... I digress


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.