CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:59 am

The Parti Québécois may be putting its plans for a referendum on hold for now but it remains committed to the sovereignty dream, PQ leader Pauline Marois said this morning.

In its place, Marois says the party will try and talk up the reasons it feels Quebec should separate. The party's new tag for the debate will be that Quebecers dive into a "national conversation," on sovereignty all over
the province.

For example, the executive proposes the party make 11 "gestures of national governance," including drafting a sovereignty manifesto explaining the reasons for separation, drafting a Quebec constitution, creating a Quebec citizenship, reinforcing the status of the French language and rewriting Quebec's history curriculum to highlight the sovereignist point of view.

Same old stuff, same old "poutine" again and again. what's gonna take for the PQ to understand that we've had enough of their sh**t ?

Man, rewrite Quebec's history !Dig to find some unknown French Canadians heroes so they can change the name of my street from rue des Tulipes to rue Joseph-Baptiste Lachenaie-Laframboise !!

Pauline , you're a joke !

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:02 am

its in the best interest for quebec to stay in canada so it can get more money from ontario and alberta

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:24 am

Marois here is just raising some valid policies to reinforce any claims to independance Quebec would have after a successful referendum (so obviously she's not doing that "to be nice")...

... along with some not-so-valid policies, like rewriting the history curriculum. Dumbassery. Though to be fair, the Libs did it too, and in fact I think they went all the way (though I'm not sure), so if Marois just undoes the changes, I'm all fine with that!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:01 pm

this is all a smoke screen.
They will blurr it anyway they can to get what they want.
As long as those seperatist dinosaurs are still alive the question will never be off the table. It will have different titles, seperation to soveriegnty to what this time?. They will lie cheat if they have to and they've tried.
Do not trust a party that goes to schools to talk politics to kids that can't vote yet.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:37 pm

*Snickers*

Well first, you'll have noticed the little pamphlet some extremist separatists wanted to post? It never was, so I'd like to know what your argument is based on, if not hearsays alone!

And that goes without saying that all and all, the Libs haven't been any better... just more discreet. I checked, and the Libs DID change the history curriculum, and the result outright SILENCES 1760 and the revolution of the revolution of the Patriotes. Okay. If that's not tweaking history to your liking, I don't know what it is! It's not like these events aren't relevant, whether or not one wants to hear about them. Any better way to train little federalists here? I doubt it.

The PQ wanted to. The PLQ did it. Does that make the PQ good? No. It's goddamn crap. But I can't shake the feeling that, well... given the circumstances, I can forgive them.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:51 pm

fire_i fire_i:
*Snickers*

Well first, you'll have noticed the little pamphlet some extremist separatists wanted to post? It never was, so I'd like to know what your argument is based on, if not hearsays alone!

And that goes without saying that all and all, the Libs haven't been any better... just more discreet. I checked, and the Libs DID change the history curriculum, and the result outright SILENCES 1760 and the revolution of the revolution of the Patriotes. Okay. If that's not tweaking history to your liking, I don't know what it is! It's not like these events aren't relevant, whether or not one wants to hear about them. Any better way to train little federalists here? I doubt it.

The PQ wanted to. The PLQ did it. Does that make the PQ good? No. It's goddamn crap. But I can't shake the feeling that, well... given the circumstances, I can forgive them.
I'm looking at it from the tactics they've used .First refrendum was seperation and voting yes. The second referendum was soveriegnty and voting no. Ottawa I do believed mentioned of makeing the question clear. Now they are going work their way in a step by step procession with out a referendum. Do you see how it wavers here , how they give it a new wrapping to the same present? Winning conditions a joke.

Tho rewriting history as you mention is a fascinating subject in its self is beside the point to what i was talking about. It was more to their approach, even taking some game play tricks from religous practices as trying to brainwash kids into their doctrines.
Tho i heard say , half of rewritting history is hiding the truth.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:59 pm

Second referendum was and voting no..? Nope it was "Yes" vote all along to get the secession.

By the way, I kinda' agree with the law on clarity. The question of the first referendum was bullshit - needlessly complex. The second... well, you'd have to be an idiot to not understand it, but there *are* idiots, so maybe it's still not enough. (Though I don't like the law on clarity because it, well, ironically, is unclear)

And then really, I agree. I don't like the PQ's 'tactics' since Lévesque's death. With him died the soul of the party, if it ever had one beyond its own chief, and honestly I don't like them. To me the only way there can be a "good" separation is after a referendum with an unquestionable question (no pun intended) and a 10+% margin between the "Yes" and "No" votes. But to be fair, I have to give Marois credit : sure her current idea is on the underhanded side, but even if the conditions I mentionned above were to be met, it's likely an eventual separation might not work because of the absence of some institutions and papers in the new country, like a constitution. Marois partially remedies to that with her ideas, so an eventual won referendum would be even more unquestionable and the transition to country status would be far smoother if Quebec already had started the job. So if, in the long run, it turns out Marois goes ahead with some of her ideas and that, later, there's a winning referendum, we could look back and say "yup, she did the right thing there".

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:56 pm

Pauline is a frigging joke !!!

It's funny how those leftist will choose Pauline or the PQ no matter what. She is introducing a plan very close to the ADQ (without a referendum) Yet some are still willing to say that this cow is the best choice :lol:

Here is a little overview on Pauline Marois in French ROTFL

Contre L'independance du Quebec

Whenever she speaks, all that is heard throughout the land is MOOOOOOOO!!!!

Her expensive becosse, her chalet bought on personal favours, Gaspesia and so on. Not exactly the role model :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:56 pm

The PQs reason d'etre is for the independence of Quebec... so I doubt very much they would shelve their agenda for long... they are posturing with to win votes... much like their so called aim for bilingualism... its all crap...
shelve a referendum ? ya and Im the pope... Quebecers should anihilate them..
they are a joke...