Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 am

Suzuki's nature: When he visited a small college recently, he asked for ... female bodyguards

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/01/28/s ... bodyguards

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:32 am

That's pretty hypocritical. Kind of like Ezra "gummint-hating, cbc-dissing" Levant wanting to get corporate welfare for Sun news

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:34 am

ROTFL

Yeesh, lots of things have changed since I was young.

And not for the better.

Quote:
At least four other college staff received that e-mail. And none of them said, “that’s wrong” or “that’s sexist” or even “sorry, our students aren’t props.” They complied.

They selected ladies — female ladies, as the memo made clear. But Suzuki didn’t just want to choose their gender. He wanted to make sure they were pretty.

Here is another memo, from the college’s Jim Anderson: “Please be certain that the women are nicely dressed, we don’t want them in evening gowns, but definitely NOT Police Tech uniforms.”

Ya, I got asked once to provide something similar.

One step above just paying for it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:48 am

I agree 100%. I5t's almost as bad as a bunch of right-wing nutjobs who preach free market ideals all day asking the CRTC to tax all cable subscribers in Canada nad force cable companies to carry their crappy channel because they can't make a go of it inthe free market. Ezra should totally do a column on that. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:51 am

Zipperfish wrote:
That's pretty hypocritical. Kind of like Ezra "gummint-hating, cbc-dissing" Levant wanting to get corporate welfare for Sun news

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:54 am

Sounds very Gandhian to me. We just can't understand the thoughts of the great ones.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 am

This just in: David Suzuki likes to be surrounded by pretty girls.

Beaches full of hot Brazillians say "Well, duh!".

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 am

If this was a conservative MP or supporter the howls of outrage would be so loud it would deafen a person. But because it's Suzuki, silence.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 am

2Cdo wrote:
If this was a conservative MP or supporter the howls of outrage would be so loud it would deafen a person. But because it's Suzuki, silence.

Of course. One rule for thee and another for me.

It's typical liberal hypocrisy.

I recall the 'global warming' conference in Copenhagen a few years back where the airports near the event were clogged with private jets and the organizers had to bring in limousines from Germany and France to keep up with demand at the event.

Likewise with the gun control movement it seems that every last politician or celebrity pushing gun control these days is surrounded by a phalanx of armed security guards. And some of them, like US Senator Dianne Feinstein even go the extra mile and have concealed carry permits in cities that almost universally ban such things.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 pm

2Cdo wrote:

Not from me. The bodyguards are paid for a service. Doesn't matter to me who's the client, no one forces them into serving any particular paying customer.

I don't care if David Suzuki or PM Harper wants to hire all pretty bodyguards, that's their choice. It's also the guards choice if they want to protect that person.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm

DrCaleb wrote:

I don't care if David Suzuki or PM Harper wants to hire all pretty bodyguards, that's their choice. It's also the guards choice if they want to protect that person.

Let's not forget the school paid arranged those pretty girls....

A Public, school, with Public funding.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 pm

martin14 wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:

Let's not forget the school paid arranged those pretty girls....

A Public, school, with Public funding.

..and?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Suzuki didn't 'hire' them, the school did... no mention of money, but I guess
sitting at Suzuki's feet, basking in the glory, would be enough.

Or the 'special' time, later on ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 pm

2Cdo wrote:

Silence? Then where did the news report come from. So far I'm counting lots of howls of outrage, including yours.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
It's typical liberal hypocrisy.

Yes and Sun news crapping all over the CBC, and preachig the gospel of the free market--now lining up to force Canadian cable companies to carry their crappy product, and forcing every cable provider in Canada to fund them, because they couldn't make a go of it in the free market--that's not hypocricy at all, is it?

:lol: