bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Chicogo Blackhawks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:41 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/3 ... s_art_more

Every time I see an article like this, I don't know what pisses me off more. The fact that they feel like anything other then heterosexuality is bad, or how they feel that bringing it up will "encourage" and "corrupt" children.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:39 pm

coaster_dot wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/30/tennessee-dont-say-gay-bill_n_2582390.html?icid=hp_gay-voices_art_more

Every time I see an article like this, I don't know what pisses me off more. The fact that they feel like anything other then heterosexuality is bad, or how they feel that bringing it up will "encourage" and "corrupt" children.

I agree. Both interpretations piss me off. Also, this little tidbit makes me mad:
Quote:
added a provision that could be interpreted as forcing school authorities to inform parents if their child is gay.

Ones sexuality is NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS but the person itself. He or she will inform their loved ones of their sexuality when it is their time. And THEIR TIME only.

So, "school officials": disobey, and leave anyone's sexuality the fuck alone. You are there to INFORM, to TEACH your STUDENT, and not their parents.

Ok, I'm done ranting.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Brenda wrote:
Quote:
added a provision that could be interpreted as forcing school authorities to inform parents if their child is gay.

Ones sexuality is NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS but the person itself. He or she will inform their loved ones of their sexuality when it is their time. And THEIR TIME only.

So, "school officials": disobey, and leave anyone's sexuality the fuck alone. You are there to INFORM, to TEACH your STUDENT, and not their parents.

Ok, I'm done ranting.

This is the part I also found disturbing. "Outing" a person before they are ready to come out always ends badly and sometimes deadly.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 pm

I don't think it's any of a teacher's business to get involved.

Besides, if a student has not shared their sexuality with their parents, why would they share that with a teacher?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 am

There has been a trend in certain states recently to legislate a dwindling Christian influence. Increasingly difficult access to abortion laws and Planned Parenthood funding, along with an increase in anti-gay laws like the one proposed in Tennessee. There is so much precedent in the US Supreme Court that all of these laws will eventually be tossed out.

That said, these sorts of laws will do a lot of damage to a lot of people while they are in effect. These are hateful laws.

Imagine being a parent and receiving a letter in your child's backpack that they were caught humming "Swingin' on a Star" in the hallway and they are now on the school "Gaywatch". The next time they utter the word "fabulous" or "faboo" they will be required to kill a deer and "straighten" up. Hello instant lawsuit with support from the ACLU to boot.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Dayseed wrote:
There has been a trend in certain states recently to legislate a dwindling Christian influence. Increasingly difficult access to abortion laws and Planned Parenthood funding, along with an increase in anti-gay laws like the one proposed in Tennessee. There is so much precedent in the US Supreme Court that all of these laws will eventually be tossed out.

That said, these sorts of laws will do a lot of damage to a lot of people while they are in effect. These are hateful laws.

Imagine being a parent and receiving a letter in your child's backpack that they were caught humming "Swingin' on a Star" in the hallway and they are now on the school "Gaywatch". The next time they utter the word "fabulous" or "faboo" they will be required to kill a deer and "straighten" up. Hello instant lawsuit with support from the ACLU to boot.

Indeed. The US Political Religious Right seems to be having a desperate meltdown. Normally this might be entertaining to watch, but these are the same people who basically think the future is totally fucked because their Religious Beliefs are not properly adhered to by all and that their "god" is gonna come and kick everyone's ass because of it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Dayseed wrote:

Please note that due to your choice of avatar, you have been placed on Gaywatch.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:18 am

Zipperfish wrote:
Dayseed wrote:

Please note that due to your choice of avatar, you have been placed on Gaywatch.

Can I get off the list if I switch it to a bald eagle shotgunning a Budweiser?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Dayseed wrote:
Zipperfish wrote:
Dayseed wrote:

That might depend on how you are shotgunning it....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Dayseed wrote:

Added ot Tea Party mailing list! :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:40 pm

This does nothing except promote the stereo-type of the American south. OMG which century do these morons live in. A person's sexuality is no ones business other that their own's. Some people in the United States, and other countries for that matter. seem to have nothing better to do than to preach and force their beliefs on others. I must state that I was and am a Catholic but I still believe that a person is no better or worse than I am no matter their race, creed, colour or sexual orientation.

I am really starting to regain my perception of the southern United States as hearing good ole Dueling Banjos and "squeal"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Dayseed wrote:
Zipperfish wrote:
Dayseed wrote:

or my favourite!