canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:29 am

http://news.firedoglake.com/2013/04/17/ ... as-legacy/

With all that was going on in Boston Monday, we must of all missed this little jewel on how President Obama signed into law a provision that would gut the STOCK Act. The STOCK Act was signed into law by President Obama on Apr 4 2012. It was in response to an article by 60 minutes, that pointed out how members of congress were getting rich by way of insider trading. Wow that lasted a whole year and a few days,did'nt it? So much for transparency in government. Its back to standard operating procedure in D.C. Now that we don't have to worry about elections, we can get back to sticking it to the American taxpayers again. Great job by the mainstream media as well (right,and left) on covering this. :roll: I know we are in trouble when I have to hear something this important from some underground source that I have never heard of before. Its bullshit like this that creates the Alex Jones of the world.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:40 am

Obama not having any spine surprises you?

I've got a bridge to sell...

edit: Oh and I know how much you hate them but there was a group that covered this story.

Last edited by CanadianJeff on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:02 am

If it's true it probably had a one-year built-it expiry date as a result of previous negotiations with Congress prior to last year's election. Not much anyone can do about it when a set time limit is part of a bill's passage. It's not like the President can arbitrarily extend these things on his own without Congressional agreement.