CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:17 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] [B]Cool, thanx for the notice electricbuford. He is really great to watch. :)

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 6:15 am

WOW.....
I finaly watched Bowling for Columbine.

I thought that might be able to move to the US if i needed too for work but... after seeing this movie, the little respect for the american government I had I think is all but gone. I feel sorry the american citizens.

The horrible US warfare history the movie went though, was really disturbing.

And blaming music groups for Columbine? Get real!
All i can say is Rock on Marylyn Manson

I really like what one guy said:
"When you watch violence on tv in a place like Canada, you know its next door, when you watch it here you know it is happening next door."
"I wanna goto Canada to retire, it sounds like the place to be"

And i just love the whole part where they goto Canada and compare!

I truly think every person on this planet should see this movie.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:40 am

Just out of curiosity, is the movie Canadian made? I'm still in PA and I just saw an add for it on tv for the first time last night. It said coming to theatres March 7th????????

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:50 am

Gangrenous wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is the movie Canadian made? I'm still in PA and I just saw an add for it on tv for the first time last night. It said coming to theatres March 7th????????
I think Moore had canadian financial support to make the movie because he had little support to do the project here in the states . The movie has been out for quite sometime , but ads for it are becoming alot more common since it is up for academy award nominations . I guess it can't be kept a secret anymore because it is so popular . I can't find a theater within 100 miles of me that is playing it though , so I'll probably have to wait until it comes out on video . BTW , what part of PA are you in ? I used to work in Scrotum , er - I mean SCRANTON . I also spent a few months in the state college area , which was very nice , compared to Scranton . :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:59 am

Actually I'm in Erie. I'll be getting married here on Friday and will be moving here from Leamingon, ON within the next few weeks or so. I'd rather not leave Canada, but I have to respect the fact that my new wife wants her youngest child to goto school here and learn about his own history.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:16 am

Gangrenous wrote:
Actually I'm in Erie. I'll be getting married here on Friday and will be moving here from Leamingon, ON within the next few weeks or so. I'd rather not leave Canada, but I have to respect the fact that my new wife wants her youngest child to goto school here and learn about his own history.

Congrates, and I hope you got all the paper work in order dude, or your in for a pile of shit and trouble i know I wanted to marry an American a few years ago.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:18 am

P.S. Can we have world exclusive rights to your wedding photos? we cant pay 2 million like for Michael douglas but were yur buddies here :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:23 am

um, what exactly do you mean by pile of shit?????

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:38 pm

[B][font=Comic Sans MS] [/font] Well CanadaKA, I am glad that you watched the movie and enjoyed it, it is amazing what you can learn from it. Canada is the place to be, it does rock, and what you learn in the movie only enforces that fact more.
Thank you for the number 11,127, now please correct me, was that per capita or was that the total amount of people killed in the US in total?

Hope the rest of you watch it soon!! :) Enjoy!!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:02 pm

For info on the movie , plus where it's playing - go to :

http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:23 pm

Gangrenous wrote:
um, what exactly do you mean by pile of shit?????

:roll: :roll: Where this come from??????? :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 1:29 am

RoyalHighlander wrote:
Gangrenous wrote:

Congrates, and I hope you got all the paper work in order dude, or your in for a pile of shit and trouble i know I wanted to marry an American a few years ago.

Thats where it came from, was just curious what you meant.....

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:19 am

As some of you might have heard already , Michael Moore will be on Oprah talking about Bowling for Columbine and America's violent culture . I'm guessing there might be some mention of Canada - so tune in . In the states the show is on monday 3/3/03 , but check YOUR local listings .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:39 pm

That should be an interesting interview

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:30 pm

hey electric buford I agree with you do something to amuse yourself I come from a small town north of Edmonton in the winter we played hockey summer fall and spring football and baseball not to mention work on farms .And speaking of grizzlies try raassling a Swan Hills grizzley those suckers will give ya a good go man are they huge. :lol: