bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:12 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national ... 51130.html

Now rapists can claim they suffer sleep disorders and shouldn't be charged.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:30 pm

Quote:
but I figure it's entirely possible

:roll:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:43 am

When I talk in my sleep a quick shot to the ribs from my wife wakes me up, but a woman screaming and trying to fight off a rapist will not wake him up? Bull shit.

This excuse is wrong and the rapist should be executed, slowly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:49 am

Just another example of a failed lawyer who made judge.

The judge should be made to sleep in the same room as the rapist for 10 years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:05 am

Folks this is becoming more the norm in Canada these days. Everyone is a victim, and it is always someone else's fault. Nobody seems to want to accept responsibility for their actions, and for this we become a weaker country.
Pluggyrug and sonofsam, I agree wholeheartedly with both your suggestions!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:22 am

seems ridiculous to me too but I find it funny how Shep, hwacker, sonofsam, pluggy and 2cdo are all suddenly experts on sleep disorders. There was a case a while back where someone who was sleep "walking" drove to his in-laws and killed them, he was acquitted. I'd say driving a car requires more mental attention than putting a rubber on

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:50 am

If someone sleepwalks and commits crimes then they should not be released, they should be locked up for the good of society and, ostensibly, for their own safety. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:31 pm

IcedCap wrote:
seems ridiculous to me too but I find it funny how Shep, hwacker, sonofsam, pluggy and 2cdo are all suddenly experts on sleep disorders. There was a case a while back where someone who was sleep "walking" drove to his in-laws and killed them, he was acquitted. I'd say driving a car requires more mental attention than putting a rubber on

You think we are experts? Now that is whats funny. Hey, do ya think rape is funny too? You must bust a gut when rapists get away with it too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:33 pm

Icedcap I never claimed to be an expert on sleep disorders but I am getting tired of the culture of victimhood that western society has become. There always seems to be some disorder or another that prevents people from being accountable for their actions! If every criminal who waved the "It's not my fault" flag was accepted then we would have no reason for any jails because they would all be empty!
Taking this to it's extreme, then nobody is accountable for anything they do because there is a not-yet-discovered syndrome that prevents me from being responsible for my actions. Are none of us responsible for what we do? Just curious, but please refrain from implying that I consider myself an expert on a subject unless I specify that I am indeed an "expert". It makes you look stupid. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:44 pm

2Cdo wrote:
There always seems to be some disorder or another that prevents people from being accountable for their actions! If every criminal who waved the "It's not my fault" flag was accepted then we would have no reason for any jails because they would all be empty!

Well said 2Cdo, I agree 100%

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:58 pm

I agree totally 2Cdo, not to bring up old issues here but claiming you were asleep and raped someone, come on thats just entirely stupid along with claiming you were asleep when you drove to your parents or where ever and killed them. This person should be locked up, along with the judge.

Quote:
Luedecke previously had sex with four girlfriends while asleep.

He`s a good actor nothing more. I feel IMO, this is garbage.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:32 pm

Quote:
BartSimpson Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone sleepwalks and commits crimes then they should not be released, they should be locked up for the good of society and, ostensibly, for their own safety.

I agree. 8)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:58 am

All crimes begin with self preservations no matter how obscure and the act is carried out by creating and building a redundancy toward fear . Interesting story ! I don't know how the guy got away with it especially in the knowing that 4 other women were victimized while he was , and for lack of better words ," kind of snoring".Good thing he made the conscious decision to put a condom on , probably the only thing which made him look like he was being respectful errrr but wasn't he sleeping ? Oh well ..... I guess it fits right up there with the more common easy excusabilty of two willing partners performing such a barbaric sexual act in which one dies . I just hope he doesn't fall asleep at the board meeting or on the city transit bus .

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:22 am

All im guilty of when I sleep is that I snoore and that bugs the wife.. .. There has been a trend to protect the rights of the accused/criminal and we have forgotten to protect the rights of the victims....

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:24 am

RoyalHighlander wrote:
All im guilty of when I sleep is that I snoore and that bugs the wife.. .. There has been a trend to protect the rights of the accused/criminal and we have forgotten to protect the rights of the victims....
RoyalHighlander : I guess you and I could be acquitted for snoring because we are always sleeping . Maybe we could call it snorsomnia .

In this case it is understandable that it ended up being called sexual assault and not rape because the two were willing partners in partying and drinking together and well , who knows what trnaspired from there ?