Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:55 am

I've been using Google programs and apps a lot lately, and decided to look through their privacy policies and such. While on Wikipedia, reading this page, I found out about Google's taxation avoidance policies.

Which led me to this page.

Quote:
Apple Inc.
Eli Lilly and Company
Facebook
Forest Laboratories
Google
Microsoft
Oracle Corp.
Pfizer Inc.
Adobe Systems

What an interesting list of companies who exploit legal loopholes and store money in Bermuda.

You all look at that while I upload a doc file created with Quickoffice (Google) on my Android (Google) tablet to my computer through Drive (Google) to later view through Docs (Google). But first I'll have to search how to do that (Google) and bookmark it for Sync (Google). Maybe later I'll watch something about the Chromium OS (Google) on YouTube (Google) on Chrome (Google). Then maybe I'll take a gander at a book that discusses Google's tentacle like reach into every facet of our life by previewing it on Google Books...

They'll have my full support when they stop caving to DMCA and open up "Google Torrents" ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 am

I am not really sure what a Double Irish is. :D

http://lmgtfy.com/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:17 am

Avoiding taxes is legal. Evading them is not. Criticizing people for doing something that's legal is kind of pointless. Writing letters to your representatives asking them to address the issue is not.

:wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 am

A letter to my idiotic member of parliament for a website headquarterd in the U.S.?

Clearly you realize my only option to to bitch online (preferably using Chrome)

And complaining about things, even legal things, is a bit of a habit I've formed

also:

Google wrote:
evading: present participle of e·vade (Verb)
Verb

1. Escape or avoid, esp. by cleverness or trickery.
2. (of an abstract thing) Elude (someone).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 am

Britain is on a whole shame the tax avoiders kick. Fine, but why not just close the loop holes?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:20 am

andyt wrote:
Britain is on a whole shame the tax avoiders kick. Fine, but why not just close the loop holes?

Oh helllll no. IMPOSSIBLE! :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 pm

andyt wrote:

Moving a company to another country to reduce a tax burden is not a mere 'loophole' to that sovereign country. Were one country to pursue a company into another nation's jurisdiction I dare say that their diplomatic relations may well suffer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:01 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
andyt wrote:

Moving a company to another country to reduce a tax burden is not a mere 'loophole' to that sovereign country. Were one country to pursue a company into another nation's jurisdiction I dare say that their diplomatic relations may well suffer.

The money is earned in Britain - make a law that keeps it in Britain. No need to pursue anywhere.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 pm

andyt wrote:
The money is earned in Britain - make a law that keeps it in Britain. No need to pursue anywhere.

Then you'll see a flight of foreign investment from the UK before that law takes effect.

Captive capital no longer exists in the modern world. Any paradigm that predicates itself upon the assumption that it can contain capital is doomed to failure.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Yep, Starbucks will close all their locations in Britain because they have to pay tax on the profits they make. Apple won't sell their stuff to Britons anymore. Sure, Good you're not running those companies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:12 pm

andyt wrote:

Perhaps because the people are under the mistaken impression that politicians can tell the billionaires what to do. When in actual fact, it is teh reverse that is true.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 San Jose Sharks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Bingo. The people who pay 80% of your bills are the ones you're smart to listen to.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm

So let me get this straight. You need an armory full of guns so you won't be ruled by the govt, but have no problem that the govt is ruled by millionaires in the pockets of billionaires. "The Kool-Aid runs deep in this one."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:26 pm

I have no idea what a Double Irish is, but I'll raise youa Cleveland Steamer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:27 pm

andyt wrote:
So let me get this straight. You need an armory full of guns so you won't be ruled by the govt, but have no problem that the govt is ruled by millionaires in the pockets of billionaires. "The Kool-Aid runs deep in this one."

Guess who the NRA is funded by?