canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:00 pm

ASLplease ASLplease:
i would compare this to an employee, if i had an opportunity, i would never fire someone if i could lay them off instead......i'm not a nice guy, laid off employees cant sue you for wrongful dismissal

:!:

I may consider cleaning it up a bit.

I originally was only going to write about 3 sentences.

Working tomorrow, I may even call them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Short and direct works. They're done and it's final.

Be the souless corporate executioner, it'll drive them nuts.

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:12 pm

But... but... I want to rip their heads off and wave them around in the air while standing on the roof of my store while screaming "VIVA LA MINIMUM WAGE WORKERS"..

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
ASLplease ASLplease:
i would compare this to an employee, if i had an opportunity, i would never fire someone if i could lay them off instead......i'm not a nice guy, laid off employees cant sue you for wrongful dismissal

:!:

I may consider cleaning it up a bit.

I originally was only going to write about 3 sentences.

Working tomorrow, I may even call them.

Don't call. Way to personal. I like On the Ice's letter :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 pm

It's not that personal, I've banned people by phone before...

I like the letter too. I'd highlight the specific law though, and I'd include some information on the Policy and where he can take his In-Store Credit (other then Hell.)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Consider: With all the yelling and nonsense they created, they were trying to manipulate you into giving them what they wanted. Reflecting it back at them tells them they got to you. Don't give them that satisfaction.

They're pissants beneath contempt, treat them like it, ban 'em and forget about 'em.

Give them the sidelook snear to dismiss them if you like. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

I like the letter too. I'd highlight the specific law though, and I'd include some information on the Policy and where he can take his In-Store Credit (other then Hell.)

What is that with people there?? :lol:

I've been banned (oral tho) from a jewelry store :) I had asked them to replace a diamond that had fallen out and NOT to polish my ring, but those assholes did polish it, which ruined the ring, and I had told them that. I complained, stayed nice tho, and was told to "leave the store, and if we ever see your ass back here, we will call the police". When I asked for my ring (that he held) I got it thrown in my face. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Or simply direct them to the complaint department....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:02 am

It's best to keep the letter official without mentioning the reasons why.

I've dealt with alot of trespassing charges and I usually found it's shaky territory. All of my bans in the past have been verbal but it didn't stick. I usually had to call the police for the idiot a second time. It was then I had the police officer act as a witness as I verbally ban the offender once more. If they continued to return, I called the police and quoted the police file number from the previous warning. From that point on it's fine after fine and charge after charge until the dope learned his/her lesson.

My advice to you, don't be surprised should this person walk into your store again. To avoid more headaches, make a copy of the letter sent to the offender and keep it on file. I also advise using recorded delivery. A person at the address would need to sign for the letter, Canada Post would keep the signature on file. You could then print the transaction off the web and add it to file. It's a few dollars or so but worth every penny.

But if you want to go the cheap way, leave out the recorded delivery.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:49 am

QBC QBC:
Or simply direct them to the complaint department....

I wrote a note a long time ago that says "Customer Complaint Box" and put it on top of the office shredder.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:52 am

BionicBunny BionicBunny:
It's best to keep the letter official without mentioning the reasons why.

I've dealt with alot of trespassing charges and I usually found it's shaky territory. All of my bans in the past have been verbal but it didn't stick. I usually had to call the police for the idiot a second time. It was then I had the police officer act as a witness as I verbally ban the offender once more. If they continued to return, I called the police and quoted the police file number from the previous warning. From that point on it's fine after fine and charge after charge until the dope learned his/her lesson.

My advice to you, don't be surprised should this person walk into your store again. To avoid more headaches, make a copy of the letter sent to the offender and keep it on file. I also advise using recorded delivery. A person at the address would need to sign for the letter, Canada Post would keep the signature on file. You could then print the transaction off the web and add it to file. It's a few dollars or so but worth every penny.

But if you want to go the cheap way, leave out the recorded delivery.

Could I totally do it in person and say "You've Just Been Served"?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:54 am

Brenda Brenda:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

What is that with people there?? :lol:

I've been banned (oral tho) from a jewelry store :) I had asked them to replace a diamond that had fallen out and NOT to polish my ring, but those assholes did polish it, which ruined the ring, and I had told them that. I complained, stayed nice tho, and was told to "leave the store, and if we ever see your ass back here, we will call the police". When I asked for my ring (that he held) I got it thrown in my face. :lol:

I like to think I'm a far better and more caring with my Customer Service than THAT... :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:20 am

Do you see a sign that says 100% satisfaction guaranteed?
No.
Eaton's went out of business long ago and that was a big part of the reason why. Welcome to 2010. Now fuck off.

Get lots of rude, ignorant and outright scammer customers. Daily.
Friday: wanting me to do something about a 2nd hand computer they bought 8 months ago. Sound problem that just started happening yesterday, by the end of conversation never worked from the day she bought it. So ya shouldn't have bought it. Bye
Thurs: Wanted to return a printer and get her money back months later because the replacement ink cartridge didn't fit. When the kid pointed out they didn't fit because she didn't take the plastic off first, she only got madder.
Weds: Wanted to return a 3 month old mouse that stopped working for a refund. No receipt. I guess not, it was a Radio Shack/Source brand name.
Tues: 90 day overdue who I cut off the Internet was irate, she'd paid the bill fully in cash to the pretty young girl with the huge boobs months ago. The one that went off to college in Vancouver back in Sept 2008.
Or the one I did get to speak my mind. Teen who informed me no one bought our earbuds because they were only $1.00 at the Dollar Store. I pointed out that those were disposable airline earbuds designed to work for a couple hours, they said yeah but you just take them back when they stop working.
You cheap little fuck... somebody who took things back to a Dollar Store (Five and Dime in my teens) woulda been gaunchie strangled, had their head smashed thru their locker door (yeah wooden back then) and called names you can't even say these days

A whole generation of TV idiots raised on "Satisfaction Guaranteed", "We're in business to save YOU money", "the customer is always right" are stupid enough to believe it. They expect a blow job with purchases over $1.99

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:09 am

you should have changed the "Warrent-less Arrest" to "face charges for Trespassing", and I would have actually quoted what section of the TPA gives you the authority to ban, (s. 2(a)). Really all that needs to be on a banning notice is how long the ban is (permanent bans are usually the least effective), the person(s) it effects and the reason, along with the address and a blurb about if they return during the ban, they will face prosecution for trespass and will be fined for the offence. other than that, it looks good. when you send it make sure it goes out registered mail.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:22 am

Okay, a ban until 2097.

Thanks herbie, that sounds like my job, to the dot.

The other day, I joined the Canadian website "Red Flag Deals" and was immediately disgusted by the outright accepted attitude of being utter assholes to people at their job. Basically they feel "they deserve it" and tell each other little secrets on how to bitch discounts out of Sales Associates.

The Dollar Store thing! OMFG! That happens here! I was so insanely angry when I heard bout people returning things to that store... It just pisses me off.

I've had a customer go bloody crazy and contact the Better Business Bureau because we refused to return a $1.88 single-LED flashlight.

We've had customers take things off shelves when we told that they couldn't return something just cause they don't like it anymore.

For the first time, a customer (the male this letter was directed mostly towards) yelled at me "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT."

"Not today." (or yesterday, or tomorrow...)

I've also created a new sign for the store, which I was also asked to make, and it's far less sarcastic and such. I won't be posting it, but it basically says we have the right to refuse service. Something to point too when someone starts yelling.