canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:36 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Yeah I know Count. 'Tell us why you right wingers are such haters, oh and btw why do you beat your wives?' right?

I'll join you as you watch that one sink into the sea...sniff, sniff.

you've jumped to a very narrow conclusion.

The truth is as i stated before somewhere here.
I've voted for both Conservatives and Liberals.

I see them both as necessary for a healthy country.

And it's worked out rather well.

I'm just concerned when people loathe any sort of social welfare systems in place as wrong.

I do not understand why people loathe the left or the right for that matter.

Now this present incarnation of the right for me is way too right and borderline red neck yahoo's.

But in the case of immigration policy they seem to get it.

As for Quebec hopefully they could prove their weight in gold for me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

This is such a shallow, iditoic argument the thread needs to be closed for the sake of preserving human intelligence.

Why do righties hate lefties? Why do lefties hate righties? It gives their shallow, meaningless, Walmart-shopping lives a sense of purpose. Full stop.

Righties only seem more hateful because they are pro-torture, pro-execution,etc. and otherwise like to celebrate 'the others' misfortune as an end in and of itself(example: jj2424 recently posted that he is for privatization of bc liquor simply because he wants to see union workers on the unemployment line). They like big-mouth characters who speak with bile and vitriol like Rush Limbaugh because all the rhetoric makes them feel like they're something more manly and meaningful than the anaonymous dickless unremarkable middle-class nobody that they really are. Righties frame every issue by the "deserving" and "undeserving" rather than by broader principles of inalienable and universal rights. So for example, they think torture and denying the accused a fair trial is wrong...unless the accused did something to desrve it.

Righties want to restore some mythical past 'golden age'

Lefties by contrast are entirely focused on the theory and the idea that there never has been, nor liely wil be, a new 'golden age'. Lefties express their contempt for righties (or any other nefarious group_by hope to 'educate' the other side by their 'righteaous' living.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Oh, no, the lefties can get just as vicious. Anybody that thinks they've found the truth and adheres to rigid beliefs will get that way. No different than religious intolerance, say. Lefties do believe a golden age is achievable, not by returning to some mythical past but by applying idealistic thinking to the present. PD would fall in that latter category, tho he's certainly not hateful.

A forum such as this doesn't really know how to deal with nuance, so we all mostly fall into more rigid positions than we hold in real life. (except maybe the odd outlier to two) At least I likew to think so.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 pm

I agree, I've seen 'the lefties' be just as vicious as 'the righties'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 pm

Count_Lothian Count_Lothian:
Why do right wingers loathe left wingers?
i would like to know why is all.
no agendas just take my query at face value.

someone just got a nomination for being a lefty like it's worse than being a Quebec separatist living in Calgary and ranting about it in bars before closing time.
How would that fare eh? lol.

now my own take on it will come if anyone bothers to answer this.
I just don't get why people think being left of centre is that bad.

Most of us don't loathe them anymore than they loathe us. We just agree to disagree..........on everything. :lol:

It's only the narcissistic twits on both sides of the political spectrum that seem to loathe or hate each other. The rest of us just want a better country and our visions on how to get there differ.

As a matter of fact I think if you stay on this forum long enough you'll come to see that we have racist Liberals and bleeding heard Conservatives so your question is actually pretty much irrelevant in todays political setting. [B-o]

Besides we're right. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:35 pm

I'm not sure I see it "just as" from a perspective of quantity. There's no leftie equivalent to talk radio, Fox or Sun news. On this forum, nobody on the left like Fiddle Dog or JJ, or even what Martin gets away with. Same with in parliament, where Harper and the boys take the prize.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Lol, another thread doomed to stupidity from the start

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 am

andyt andyt:
I'm not sure I see it "just as" from a perspective of quantity. There's no leftie equivalent to talk radio, Fox or Sun news. On this forum, nobody on the left like Fiddle Dog or JJ, or even what Martin gets away with. Same with in parliament, where Harper and the boys take the prize.

Sorry but I just can't buy that. For every person, place or thing you put forward in this argument there's been an opposite representing the left.

In case you don't remember there have been a few guys on the left who have acted as badly as anyone on the right and gotten away with it, till they pushed that little bit to far. So, for certain members to be censured, it clearly wasn't so much that they were left wingers as not knowing when to stop hurling crap especially after being warned.

As for the media, I also guess you haven't been paying any attention to the CBC, or most American cable networks. I don't know much about talk radio but one thing I have noticed is that for pushing a political agenda the left seems to like to use humour. We have shows like, 22 Minutes, Air Force, Rick Mercer, Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Stephan Colbert or any of the myriad of others who because of the networks they work for are able to use that medium for political purposes.

As for mainstream left leaning talk show hosts how about people like Thom Hartmann, Randi Rhodes, Bill Press, Alan Colmes, Stephanie Miller, Mike Malloy, Jeff Santos, Arnie Arnesen Ed Schultz and of course George Stroumboulopoulos.

Sorry andy but I defy you to show me a Liberal Government that wasn't as big a bunch of douches as this current crowd is? Memory is selective and political. People have the strange ability to remember the good while blocking out the bad and that goes for what people want to remember about previous governments.

So, it's all political optics and because of where you're standing you think you're being hard done by but, allow me to remind you that at some point the tables will turn and you'll have to listen to the same complaints from your political oppo who'll feel exactly the same way you do. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:25 am

I'm obviously not as hip to media as you are, but to say Mercer or Colbert throw hate the way Limbaugh or Beck do? I just don't see it.

As for this forum, again, I don't really see hard lefties that spew hate like Fiddledick or JJ. Don't really see any hard lefties at all except for supposedly PD. People of all stripes throw shit here.

As is your usual wont, you've conflated a lot of ideas. The CBC doesn't spew hate. This post isn't about bias, perceived or otherwise, but putting out the hate. While both sides do their share, on volume I personally give it to the right.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:43 am

andyt andyt:
There's no leftie equivalent to talk radio, Fox or Sun news.

You are incorrect again, of course, and as usual.

There are left wing talk show guys. They aren't as popular as the right wing guys. Let's all guess why.

Here, try this lovely lefty of the San Fransisco radio waves for some clues.

http://www.mikemalloy.com/

I'm not sure if they'll give you the ones where he really spews, but I can show you a few of those on YouTube if you like.

The left wing equivalent of right wing cable news would be the flaming far left extremists of MSNBC or the tricky lefties of CNN. Again the right wing guys when given a platform turn out to be more popular. This is why you've heard of them, but either forgotten the guys on the left or didn't notice them. The popularity of Fox, and Sun's ability to make you notice them by pissing you off with truth is not something you can expect them to apologize for though.

Oh and I don't hate you Andy. Where did you get that idea? I think it might be that narcissism problem so many of you progressive types have to deal with. But if you ever have a moment of clarity try to realize; proving you wrong all the time, is not the same thing as hating you. R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:06 am

andyt andyt:
I' m obviously not as hip to media as you are, but to say Mercer or Colbert throw hate the way Limbaugh or Beck do? I just don't see it.

As for this forum, again, I don't really see hard lefties that spew hate like Fiddledick or JJ. Don't really see any hard lefties at all except for supposedly PD. People of all stripes throw shit here.

As is your usual wont, you've conflated a lot of ideas. The CBC doesn't spew hate. This post isn't about bias, perceived or otherwise, but putting out the hate. While both sides do their share, on volume I personally give it to the right.

When did the term hate come into our conversation? Once again you're inserting words into my statement that weren't used. As for hard lefties, I suppose you're correct, there are no hard lefties on here other than PD and the rest of you middle of the road progressive types just spout anti right rhetoric at will against the "Reformacons, Republicans and Conservatives because you like them. ROTFL

I don't remember saying the CBC spewed hate, I implied they're biased and if you don't believe me here's a question. Name me one of their shows like the 5th Estate that went after either Harb or Levigne the same way they went after Duffy?

It's a no brainer to say that both sides employ these foils to get their message across and you're definitely right that volume wise there are more loud, crazy right wing asshats out there spouting hate than the left. But, then again for anyone with a bit of smarts it's easy to see that most of them are more about getting a rise from their viewers than actually pushing an agenda and people can ignore their outrageous antics. Remember Morton Downey Jr? He was in no way shape or form the guy you saw on TV going nuts on anybody he didn't agree with.

What bothers me is obvious subtlety. Alot of people for some reason actually use the faux news shows to get their information which means there's a whole segment of society who have been getting more propaganda than facts. 8O

Sorry, it just hit me. Had they tuned into any news channel they'd have gotten the same thing. They just wouldn't have laughed while doing it.

All media exist to invest our lives with artificial perceptions and arbitrary values.

Marshall McLuhan

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:00 am

andyt andyt:

You are wrong, as usual.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ltine.html

$1:
The BBC’s Question Time has been accused of giving its Labour guests an easier ride than Coalition politicians.

A leaked briefing note for host David Dimbleby revealed he was urged to ask many more questions of former Deputy Prime Minister, Lord Heseltine, than the Labour work and pensions spokesman Rachel Reeves.

The note suggested Tory grandee Lord Heseltine be probed on trade sanctions against Russia, the Commons vote on Syria, David Cameron’s remarks in Opposition about Russian shoppers in Selfridges and Home Office minister James Brokenshire’s outburst on cheap migrant labour.

In contrast, Miss Reeves was simply to be asked two soft questions: whether her party supported a financial bail-out for Ukraine and whether Labour agreed with the Government’s handling of the crisis.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:05 am

martin14 martin14:
andyt andyt:

You are wrong, as usual.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ltine.html

$1:
The BBC’s Question Time has been accused of giving its Labour guests an easier ride than Coalition politicians.

A leaked briefing note for host David Dimbleby revealed he was urged to ask many more questions of former Deputy Prime Minister, Lord Heseltine, than the Labour work and pensions spokesman Rachel Reeves.

The note suggested Tory grandee Lord Heseltine be probed on trade sanctions against Russia, the Commons vote on Syria, David Cameron’s remarks in Opposition about Russian shoppers in Selfridges and Home Office minister James Brokenshire’s outburst on cheap migrant labour.

In contrast, Miss Reeves was simply to be asked two soft questions: whether her party supported a financial bail-out for Ukraine and whether Labour agreed with the Government’s handling of the crisis.

May I also point out that here in the USA there have been Left leaning talk show hosts on radio and their shows failed to have a listenership that supported the cost of the shows. There is also the NPR (Gov. funded) that has many left leaning hosts.

The left is out there just no one is listening to them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:13 am

:lol: Pissing off lefties is is fun [B-o]

If you want to read comments from people with hardons for anything that leans even the slightest bit to the right try the posts at the bottom of a CBC article.

It's a left wing circle jerk 24/7/365.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:41 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
This is such a shallow, iditoic argument the thread needs to be closed for the sake of preserving human intelligence.

Why do righties hate lefties? Why do lefties hate righties? It gives their shallow, meaningless, Walmart-shopping lives a sense of purpose. Full stop.

Righties only seem more hateful because they are pro-torture, pro-execution,etc. and otherwise like to celebrate 'the others' misfortune as an end in and of itself(example: jj2424 recently posted that he is for privatization of bc liquor simply because he wants to see union workers on the unemployment line). They like big-mouth characters who speak with bile and vitriol like Rush Limbaugh because all the rhetoric makes them feel like they're something more manly and meaningful than the anaonymous dickless unremarkable middle-class nobody that they really are. Righties frame every issue by the "deserving" and "undeserving" rather than by broader principles of inalienable and universal rights. So for example, they think torture and denying the accused a fair trial is wrong...unless the accused did something to desrve it.

Righties want to restore some mythical past 'golden age'

Lefties by contrast are entirely focused on the theory and the idea that there never has been, nor liely wil be, a new 'golden age'. Lefties express their contempt for righties (or any other nefarious group_by hope to 'educate' the other side by their 'righteaous' living.

Speaking of shallow....

Your entire point is just that. Shallow generalizations from a left-winger.