CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:29 pm

If the states is really as horrible and on the edge as you say, perhaps you could claim refugee status Buford and the lax immigration laws here in canada will allow you special status and offer you legal counsel, medical, housing, welfare and much much more. If your lucky, they might even let you use the "rules from a few years ago" to validate your claim. Good luck but it is seriously worth a try.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:40 pm

Beckie Beckie:
If the states is really as horrible and on the edge as you say, perhaps you could claim refugee status Buford and the lax immigration laws here in canada will allow you special status and offer you legal counsel, medical, housing, welfare and much much more. If your lucky, they might even let you use the "rules from a few years ago" to validate your claim. Good luck but it is seriously worth a try.

LMFAO we already tried that one.. but he couldnt come up with a passible Somali accent...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:05 pm

i honestly have to say tho.. not to many would have found it horribly devastating if the us' latest natural disaster (once hurricane, now tropical storm, isabelle) happened to hook up north twards dc and say.. swallow him whole. not that it would ever happen tho.. he would be sure to have his ass out of there faster than a bat outta hell.. but he would deffinetly have the situation "under control" the whole time.. god forbid anybody doubt his capabilities

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:56 pm

vXvGiRvXv vXvGiRvXv:
he would be sure to have his ass out of there faster than a bat outta hell.. but he would deffinetly have the situation "under control" the whole time..

Too late! He beat you to it - he headed out for Camp David, well before the storm. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:44 am

For what it's worth, I am glad the hurricane wasn't as bad as it could have been. I'm glad it's over. I hope everybody is okay, material things can be replaced.

Take care

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:22 pm

Friends of mine from when I lived in NC told me it wasn't that bad....a few shingles lost and a couple of overturned cars....Floyd hit them much worse.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:07 pm

17 dead @ last count. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:20 pm

I guess 17 isn't "too bad" when you live in hurricane alley? :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:19 pm

man i wish i got some more interesting weather where i live. the biggest thing here is the ocaisonal 2 inches of sno in the winter. other than that its just rain.. sometimes a little wind, but nothing worth national news

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:59 pm

Could it be they couldn't get the parking meters in Vancouver to work? That's the only problem I've ever had in Canada. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:15 pm

I am one American who seems to be turning into a Canadian. I see
the American heavy handed approach to thing and I see the Canadian methods and thinking and they fall in line with my own.

I don't how many American look down at Canadians, but I can certainly assure you that this is one of them.

By the way Merry Christmas,

Sincerly,

Jamie

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:17 pm

Holy double necro :lol:

It's the season I guess :P :P

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:24 pm

xerxes xerxes:

But if you look at the US, the majority of people get their news from FOX "News" and only 17% of people read a newspaper for its content not its horoscopes or car ads.

And of those 17% reading the newspaper, 99.9% are not aware that the government controls the media and its contents.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:35 pm

True grasshopper. Also true that most Americans have no clue what goes on outside of their own backyard.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Carolina Hurricans
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:17 pm

There are many in South Carolina that have never been outside of the state, or at least no further than the mountains of North Carolina. Many cannot even name all the states, much less know where another of these fabled "other" countries are located. :lol:

One person actually asked my wife how many oceans she had to fly over to get here from Saskatchewan. :lol: :lol:

I answered by saying "Three! Michigan, Huron and Superior."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 13  Next