canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:06 pm

:|

Last edited by Public_Domain on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:18 pm

[quote="Mr_Canada"]
There ya go. And I was wondering, what do you think of people being banned from stores? Should it stretch to family as well, and should the charges be higher or lower?

"Should the sins of the father be visited upon the son?"

If they are as unhappy as you have indicated, not likely that they will be back in the store any time soon. A wise man once said " Let It Be, Let It Be."

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:18 pm

:lol: Nice job.

They won't be the first, or last, arseholes to be banned from a retailer. It happens all the time. Keep us updated as to how they accept the news. XD

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Last edited by Public_Domain on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:21 pm

You have a typo. I should be "woman" instead of "women", here:
Quote:
The male continued to verbally harass the Manager of Super Club, calling her an "idiot", claiming she "worked at Burger King" (implied as insulting, of course), and the women ignorantly asked her to "cut the attitude" when she showed resistance because our policy was FIRMLY EXPRESSED REPEATEDLY. The customer yelled at several points during the explanation, not letting either the Sales Associate or Manager to finish their thoughts.

Other than that, you must make sure this holds up in court. Cheeky is fine, as long as it holds up...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Last edited by Public_Domain on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Last edited by Public_Domain on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Mr_Canada wrote:
It is Brenda. As far as I know, all that is asked is that I give notice somehow (which can be verbal) in order for the person to know he is no longer allowed on the premises.

Also, the only other way he could avoid this law is if he were like, a paramedic, saving someone's life while freaking out about a fairly cheap CD Player.

Just issue them a notice of trespass.

The letter should state that they are no longer allowed on the premises or within the establishment and that should they re-enter, they would be arrested for trespassing.

As for this holding up in court, don't worry about that. Any verbal notice of even the shortest trespass notice is good enough to warn the customers accordingly.

Just ensure the name of the customer(s) is correct at that the letter, regardless how its written, is dated.

Here's one that's commonly used in many large Canadian retailers:

TRESPASS NOTICE

Name: ______________________________
Address: _______________________________ (If Available)

TAKE NOTICE: You are hereby prohibited from entering onto, on in any way trespass upon, these premises (Company Name Here) for any reason whatsoever.

Your failure to comply with this Notice may mean that you will be apprehended for TRESPASSING and dealt with according to the law.

Dated at: _________________________________
This ______________________ Day of _______________, 2010

Issued By: __________________________________________

To finish, I would leave out your personal feelings, or attacks as they appear to be towards the customer.

Yes, they may have called you and your staff idiots, but don't overstep your bounds and become unprofessional.

Keep it simple, lay down the law and be professional. If they refuse to leave, get the police involved.

Last edited by OnTheIce on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Universal remote, I hope? :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:38 pm

i'd drop the sarcastist remarks simply because its hard to project emotion and sarcasm in a letter.

i liked the letter, but if it was my letter, i would protect the liability of the store by simply give notice of the ban, and not providing any reasons or allegations

just my 2 cents, best of wishes to you

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Last edited by Public_Domain on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:48 pm

Last edited by Public_Domain on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:50 pm

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:53 pm

i would compare this to an employee, if i had an opportunity, i would never fire someone if i could lay them off instead......i'm not a nice guy, laid off employees cant sue you for wrongful dismissal

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Mr_Canada, I appreciate your desire to tell the customer off, but clearly, you people are the better in this situation.

Take the high road [B-o]