Now where were we?

http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... &start=210

As Mr. Kitty would say...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:31 am

Okay, so this is ME saying this: Can we NOT ban this muslim or are we going to go four for four on banning muslims from this site?

That said, Ali, welcome aboard. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:33 am

It all depends on conduct.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:33 am

If I'm not mistaken, jazzman is a Muslim who's never been banned or jailed, but he doesn't post here much anymore.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:34 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Okay, so this is ME saying this: Can we NOT ban this muslim or are we going to go four for four on banning muslims from this site?
If Novachick could stop intentionally provoking him, hopefully he'll remain as polite as he has been thus far.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:34 am

I fully agree Bart. Why is this thread called Ali's Islam thread, instead of Nova's? :lol:

Ali, again, in case you missed it:

Welcome from the other side of the pond :P

Last edited by Brenda on Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:36 am

Streaker Streaker:
If I'm not mistaken, jazzman is a Muslim who's never been banned or jailed, but he doesn't post here much anymore.

He is, and he is busy at work ;-)

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:40 am

Streaker Streaker:

The last time I remember him being here was when the burning truck rammed the Glasgow airport. He was supposed to start working there a few days after it happened, but that may have been delayed in light of the situation.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:43 am

$1:
Whose?

Everyones.

I'll say it again: Watch your conduct.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:44 am

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
Now where were we?
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
novachick novachick:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Ali786 Ali786:
Actually, I pray to Allah that those American troops don't go into a unjustified war in the first place but if they choose to do so then I would prefer them dead then have 100s of civilians die. Soldiers make the choice to go to war knowing death hangs over their heads so why are you so choked up, if more then 3000 of them are dead? I don't see you standing up for 100 000s of civilians that have died in this bullshit war.

Exactly what I'd paraphrased - he doesn't want anyone to go to war or die, but if he has to make the choice, innocent people should live over soldiers.

You, on the other hand, don't really care who dies, innocent or not, as long as they're not from your country - while I don't agree with either argument, yours is worse.
During a time of war I stand for my country, my soldiers,yes! I already said I don't apologize for that. You want me to choose between Spr, Shep, Bart, Dan and a Iraq citizen. Get a grip!
I'm pretty sure "Spr, Shep, Bart, Dan" aren't in Iraq, much less causing the deaths of innocent people, so you're missing the point.

I didn't once ask you to make that choice - I'm saying that you're being hypocritical for criticizing Ali786 for his values when you're doing the exact same thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:50 am

lily lily:
SprCForr SprCForr:

Whose?

A few people already seem determined to bait the guy, laying odds as to how quickly they can have him banned or in jail. Nice to see he hasn't risen to their bait.

My posts may well be considered baiting, but sometimes you have to provoke a response in order to get a direct answer as opposed to the oblique answers muslims tend to provide for sensitive topics.

And if I get any innappropriate responses from Ali then his responses will be my concern alone. I'd appreciate it if no one goes running off to the mods about them. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:53 am

Regina Regina:
Streaker Streaker:

The last time I remember him being here was when the burning truck rammed the Glasgow airport. He was supposed to start working there a few days after it happened, but that may have been delayed in light of the situation.

Yeah, that was pretty freakish timing. It would be interesting to hear from him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:55 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
lily lily:
SprCForr SprCForr:

Whose?

A few people already seem determined to bait the guy, laying odds as to how quickly they can have him banned or in jail. Nice to see he hasn't risen to their bait.

My posts may well be considered baiting, but sometimes you have to provoke a response in order to get a direct answer as opposed to the oblique answers muslims tend to provide for sensitive topics.

And if I get any innappropriate responses from Ali then his responses will be my concern alone. I'd appreciate it if no one goes running off to the mods about them. :wink:

He has been doing great so far. From what I've read, he is a reasonable guy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:59 am

Ali786 Ali786:
Actually, I pray to Allah that those American troops don't go into a unjustified war in the first place but if they choose to do so then I would prefer them dead then have 100s of civilians die. Soldiers make the choice to go to war knowing death hangs over their heads so why are you so choked up, if more then 3000 of them are dead? I don't see you standing up for 100 000s of civilians that have died in this bullshit war.

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
I'm pretty sure "Spr, Shep, Bart, Dan" aren't in Iraq, much less causing the deaths of innocent people, so you're missing the point.

Thanks, BN, that's right decent of you. R=UP

And, no, I'm not in Iraq nor will I be again (I hope) as I am 100% retired.

And of the people whom I introduced (or caused to be introduced) to allah all but a handful were armed and engaged in combat at the moment they suddenly found themselves in paradise. The ones who were not armed may as well have been as they were directly involved in assymetrical combat.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:03 am

Brenda Brenda:
He has been doing great so far. From what I've read, he is a reasonable guy.

Cool. That's good to hear. :wink: