CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:34 am
 


Far-right AfD member converted to Islam in protest at church's gay marriage stance

Image
A mosque in Germany. Photo: DPA

A member of Germany's far-right and anti-Muslim Alternative for Germany party (AfD) who recently converted to Islam has said he did so in protest at what he sees as the "moral decline" of the Protestant church.
Arthur Wagner, 48, until recently a leading party member in the state of Brandenburg, told the Bild newspaper on Wednesday that his decision was in part sparked by the church's acceptance of same-sex marriage and the presence of priests at gay pride marches.

"One of the reasons (for the conversion) is tied to changes that have taken place in the church, which no longer reflects my values," he told the daily.

Explaining his decision, he singled out the church's position "with regard to the AfD, its support for marriage for all and the participation of pastors at Christopher Street Day, where there are children. It's unacceptable!"

Christopher Street Day is an annual gathering of the LGBT community in several German and Swiss cities.

Wagner's conversion is perhaps all the more surprising given that he formerly held an official position within the Protestant church.

He converted in October but only announced the decision last week, when he quit his leadership role in the AdF, although he remains a party member.

His decision has not gone down well in the party, which is strongly anti-Islam.

One of his local party colleagues, Kai Berger, said he was "very disappointed".

"Many members are waiting for him to quit the party. Unfortunately our statutes do not allow us to kick him out," he said.

Wagner told Bild he had received a few threats since announcing his decision.

"Someone told me I should leave Germany before I start making bombs."

The AfD came in third in Germany's general elections in September, with nearly 13 percent of the vote.

Although it began as an anti-euro party, its rhetoric has veered right to primarily rail against immigration and Islam.

Key AfD members have challenged Germany's culture of atonement over World War II and the slaughter of six million Jews in the Holocaust.

https://www.thelocal.de/20180131/leading-far-right-afd-member-embraces-islam-over-churchs-moral-decline

Who is threatening him? Fundamental Christian extremists?


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:04 am
 


Welcome to All

This thread is just for educational purpose. As a Pakistani Muslim, I think I really need to learn about Islam.

I always think that those people who converted to Islam from different religions are more Muslim than me - they must have studied well b4 converting unlike me who is just born to Muslim parents and still haven't studied Islam as I should have.

So, I think it'll be good way to post some articles over here regarding Islam...We all can learn about Islam in that way...U guyz may also find some interesting things in this, In Sha Allah (God Willing)

Thank you

Note: I may post mistakenly some incorrect/flawed articles or knowledge regarding Islam...Do research on your own, if you find it interesting. I will try my best to not do any mistake

So, let's begin :)

-------------------------------------------

Fact: Allah has 99 names more.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Islam


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 42402
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:46 am
 


You'll likely find that there may be a distinct lack of interest in learning about Islam here. Just letting you know, as most here aren't really interested in our own religious heritage. You may even encounter some open hostility.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20042
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 am
 


For example:

I'm coming to Islam from a more counter-jihadi position, Fighter.

I consider it an enemy ideology to Western society.

That doesn't mean I consider you personally an enemy.

But yeah, maybe people like you and people like me should understand each other better.

So here's something you may want to do a little research on. Whether you know it or not it's the matrix of what keeps people like you and people like me apart in our thinking.

It's a concept called "abrogation."

Here's a link to someone who tries to be objective in his explanation:

http://www.meforum.org/1754/peace-or-ji ... n-in-islam

Here's a link to somebody from my side of the issue showing you how it creates problems.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/page ... lsion.aspx


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:45 pm
 


N_Fiddledog wrote:
For example:

I'm coming to Islam from a more counter-jihadi position, Fighter.

I consider it an enemy ideology to Western society.

That doesn't mean I consider you personally an enemy.

But yeah, maybe people like you and people like me should understand each other better.

So here's something you may want to do a little research on. Whether you know it or not it's the matrix of what keeps people like you and people like me apart in our thinking.

It's a concept called "abrogation."

Here's a link to someone who tries to be objective in his explanation:

http://www.meforum.org/1754/peace-or-ji ... n-in-islam

Here's a link to somebody from my side of the issue showing you how it creates problems.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/page ... lsion.aspx


I haven't study/research that...May be in future. As of now, I'll be posting something about which I do know little :)


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:48 pm
 


ShepherdsDog wrote:
You'll likely find that there may be a distinct lack of interest in learning about Islam here. Just letting you know, as most here aren't really interested in our own religious heritage. You may even encounter some open hostility.


Thanks for your comment, sir :)

Let them post, I smile whenever they post.

[B-o]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12142
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:26 pm
 


Quote:
Islam Desk


I slam desk too. But then desk break. Now I slam chair.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1804
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:49 pm
 


Fighter wrote:
Welcome to All

This thread is just for educational purpose. As a Pakistani Muslim, I think I really need to learn about Islam.

I always think that those people who converted to Islam from different religions are more Muslim than me - they must have studied well b4 converting unlike me who is just born to Muslim parents and still haven't studied Islam as I should have.

So, I think it'll be good way to post some articles over here regarding Islam...We all can learn about Islam in that way...U guyz may also find some interesting things in this, In Sha Allah (God Willing)

Thank you

Note: I may post mistakenly some incorrect/flawed articles or knowledge regarding Islam...Do research on your own, if you find it interesting. I will try my best to not do any mistake

So, let's begin :)

-------------------------------------------

Fact: Allah has 99 names more.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Islam

I am curious........why didn't you study like you should have?


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:18 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Quote:
Islam Desk


I slam desk too. But then desk break. Now I slam chair.


I didn't understand...

Thank you

rickc wrote:
I am curious........why didn't you study like you should have?


The more I study Islam, the more I find how lacking I am regarding it.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:32 am
 


Why do we Muslims walk anti-clockwise around the Kaaba?

Image

By Sheikh Abdul Hamid Lachporia

Do you know why the TAWAAF around the KA’BAH is “Anticlockwise”?

Modern Science has proven many things that confirm the importance of TAWAAF around the KA’BAH in an “Anticlockwise” direction.


1) The Blood inside the human body begins its circulation “Anticlockwise”

2) The electrons of an atom revolve around its nucleus in the same manner as

making Tawaf, in an anti-clockwise direction.

Considering the globe as a whole, you will notice:

3) That the moon revolves around the earth anti-clockwise.

4) The earth rotates around its own axis in an anti-clockwise direction.

5) The earth revolves around the sun in an anti-clockwise direction.

6) The planets of the Solar system revolve around the sun in an anti-clockwise
direction.

7) The Sun along with its whole Solar system orbit in the galaxy in an
anti-clockwise direction.

8.) All the galaxies orbit in space in an anti-clockwise direction.

9) When we Tawaaf around the Ka’bah we are orbiting in the same direction as the

whole universe.


When we Tawaaf (circumambulate) around the Ka’bah, we are also travelling in the land travelled by all the Ambiya Alayhim Salaam (Prophets) of Almighty Allah Subhanahu Wata’ala from Nabee Adam Alayhis Sala to our Beloved Nabee Muhammad Ibn Abdullah Sallallahoo Alayhi Wasallam

The Holy Ka’bah in Makkah is never free from circumambulation.

“Know that the world has come to an end the day when
no souls will circumambulate the Holy Ka’bah.”

And Almighty Allah is the All-Knowing.

Image
Have a Beautiful Day!

https://khutbahbank.org.uk/2017/07/26/why-do-we-walk-anti-clockwise-around-the-kaaba/


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2261
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:56 am
 


Attachment:
troll.jpg
troll.jpg [ 76.9 KiB | Viewed 385 times ]










-J.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20042
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:34 pm
 


Fighter wrote:
I haven't study/research that...May be in future. As of now, I'll be posting something about which I do know little :)


No problem. I'll be offering background to your little lecture series on this subject you tell us you don't know much about. It's the least I can do. :wink: I'll explain abrogation to you as we go along.

Now, concerning the Kaaba and the practice of circumambulating it 7 times counter-clockwise...

As clocks were created it was traditional to move the hands in the direction of the movement of their predecessor, the sundial - thus the term clockwise.

It's interesting that when people draw circles, right-handed people, more commonly do it counter-clockwise. They say Mohammed was right-handed.

Circumambulation has tradition and ritual in most of the major religions. As does the number seven. I heard the 'seven' thing goes back to the time when they only knew 7 planets in the sky but that may just be one of those things you hear.

The Kaaba (called so because of its cube-shaped structure - Kaaba means cube) contains a relic. It's an oval shaped rock in a silver frame. It may be three rocks plastered together. There's a legend saying it's a meteorite. Nobody knows for sure because those in charge of it won't allow it to be examined scientifically.

But rock worship or ritual around rocks are also known in other religions. In Hinduism you can find eggshaped rocks that can fall into the category of what they call "Lingams."

Image

They go way back.

Image

Speaking of way back. Kaaba worship goes way back to centuries before Mohammed. At one time the pagans ran Mecca, where the Kaaba is situated. Back in the days of Mohammed's Meccan adventure when his preachings were primarily religious, he told his 150 or so followers there was "no compulsion in religion" and he left Kaaba worship alone.

Even with his small flock at the time though he became such a pain in the ass to the Meccans they pushed him out of the city. He fled to Medina where the occupants of the area (many Jewish made the mistake of opening their gates to the refugee (so to speak) and the rest is history. We've seen the story recurring ever since.

Medina Mohammed discovered the profitability of raiding caravans and conquering the villages of the area. Before they knew it he was a warlord controling the region and commanding an army of thousands.

He returned with his army to Mecca took it over and smashed the pagan idols around the Kaaba. What happened to "no compulsion in religion" you ask.

Abrogation.

Turns out Allah didn't really mean "no compulsion in religion" back in the day when Mohammed didn't want his budding "religion" bothered. You know, when the Meccan pagans were in control of the city. But when Mohammed and his huge army took control Allah abrogated or canceled that "no compulsion" business out of the rulebook (so to speak) and replaced it with something better.

Allah was still cool with the stone though. A new legend told us Allah put that stone there so the followers of Mohammed would know where to start their circumambulations around the Kaaba, or something.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:23 am
 


N_Fiddledog wrote:
Fighter wrote:
I haven't study/research that...May be in future. As of now, I'll be posting something about which I do know little :)


No problem. I'll be offering background to your little lecture series on this subject you tell us you don't know much about. It's the least I can do. :wink: I'll explain abrogation to you as we go along.

Now, concerning the Kaaba and the practice of circumambulating it 7 times counter-clockwise...

As clocks were created it was traditional to move the hands in the direction of the movement of their predecessor, the sundial - thus the term clockwise.

It's interesting that when people draw circles, right-handed people, more commonly do it counter-clockwise. They say Mohammed was right-handed.

Circumambulation has tradition and ritual in most of the major religions. As does the number seven. I heard the 'seven' thing goes back to the time when they only knew 7 planets in the sky but that may just be one of those things you hear.

The Kaaba (called so because of its cube-shaped structure - Kaaba means cube) contains a relic. It's an oval shaped rock in a silver frame. It may be three rocks plastered together. There's a legend saying it's a meteorite. Nobody knows for sure because those in charge of it won't allow it to be examined scientifically.

But rock worship or ritual around rocks are also known in other religions. In Hinduism you can find eggshaped rocks that can fall into the category of what they call "Lingams."

Image

They go way back.

Image

Speaking of way back. Kaaba worship goes way back to centuries before Mohammed. At one time the pagans ran Mecca, where the Kaaba is situated. Back in the days of Mohammed's Meccan adventure when his preachings were primarily religious, he told his 150 or so followers there was "no compulsion in religion" and he left Kaaba worship alone.

Even with his small flock at the time though he became such a pain in the ass to the Meccans they pushed him out of the city. He fled to Medina where the occupants of the area (many Jewish made the mistake of opening their gates to the refugee (so to speak) and the rest is history. We've seen the story recurring ever since.

Medina Mohammed discovered the profitability of raiding caravans and conquering the villages of the area. Before they knew it he was a warlord controling the region and commanding an army of thousands.

He returned with his army to Mecca took it over and smashed the pagan idols around the Kaaba. What happened to "no compulsion in religion" you ask.

Abrogation.

Turns out Allah didn't really mean "no compulsion in religion" back in the day when Mohammed didn't want his budding "religion" bothered. You know, when the Meccan pagans were in control of the city. But when Mohammed and his huge army took control Allah abrogated or canceled that "no compulsion" business out of the rulebook (so to speak) and replaced it with something better.

Allah was still cool with the stone though. A new legend told us Allah put that stone there so the followers of Mohammed would know where to start their circumambulations around the Kaaba, or something.


Lecturing you? This thread is just for interest/knowledge...I don't know how you assume I would be giving lectures of what I don't know?

Funny. Not

-------------------------------------------

Prophet Muhammad’s extraordinary affection for children
Published — Friday 29 June 2012

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), was an extraordinary husband, a perfect father, and a unique grandfather. He was unique in every way. He treated his children and grandchildren with great compassion and never neglected to guide them to the straight path and good deeds. He loved them and treated them tenderly and showed them how to lead a humane life. He never allowed them to neglect their religious duties.

His ultimate goal was to prepare them for the Hereafter. His perfect balance in such matters is another dimension of his divinely inspired wisdom. Anas bin Malik, the Messenger’s helper for 10 years, says: “I have never seen a man who was more compassionate to his family members than the Prophet.”

Prophet Muhammad was a human like us, but God inspired in him such an intimate affection for every living thing that enabled him to establish good relations with all of them. As a result, he was full of extraordinary affection toward his family members and others.

All of the Prophet’s sons died. Ibrahim, his last son, died in infancy. The Prophet often visited his son before the latter’s death, although he was very busy. Ibrahim was looked after by a nurse. The Prophet would kiss and play with him before returning home.

When Ibrahim took his last breaths, the Prophet could not control his grief as tears were flowing from his eyes. Abdur-Rahman bin Awf said: “O the Messenger of God, even you (weep)!” The Prophet said, “O Bin Awf, this is mercy.” Then he wept more and said: “The eyes shed tears and the heart grieves, and we will not say except what pleases our Lord, O Ibrahim! Indeed we are grieved by your separation.”

The Messenger was completely balanced in the way he brought up his children. He loved his children and grandchildren very much, and instilled love in them. However, he never let his love for them be abused. None of them deliberately dared to do anything wrong. If they made an unintentional mistake, the Messenger’s protection prevented them from going even slightly astray. He did this by wrapping them in love and an aura of dignity. For example, once Hassan or Hussain wanted to eat a date meant for distribution among the poor as alms. The Messenger immediately took it from his hand, and said “Anything given as alms is forbidden to us.”

In teaching them while they were young to be sensitive to forbidden acts, the Prophet, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, established an important principle of education.

Whenever he returned to Madinah, he would carry children on his mount. On such occasions, the Messenger embraced not only his grandchildren but also those in his house and those nearby. He conquered their hearts through his compassion. He loved all children.

He loved his granddaughter. He often went out with her on his shoulders, and even placed her on his shoulders while praying. When he prostrated, he put her down; when he had finished praying, he placed her on his back again.

The Prophet showed this degree of love to her to teach his male followers how to treat girls. This was a vital necessity; only a decade earlier, it had been the social norm to bury infant or young girls alive. Such public paternal affection for a granddaughter had never been seen before in Arabia.

The Messenger proclaimed that Islam allows no discrimination between son and daughter. How could there be? One is Muhammad, the other is Khadeejah; one is Adam, the other is Eve; one is Ali, the other is Fatima. For every great man there is a great woman.

As soon as Fatimah, the daughter of the Messenger, entered the room where the Messenger was, he would stand, take her hands, and make her sit where he was sitting. He would ask about her health and family, show his paternal love for her and compliment her.

Fatimah, knowing how fond he was of her, loved him more than her own self. She always watched her father and how he called people to Islam. She wept profusely when the Messenger told her that he would die soon, but her tears of sorrow turned to tears of joy when he informed her that she would be the first of his family to follow him.

This is the Prophet and his relation with children, a man respected by leaders, cherished and loved by children.

Courtesy: Islamreligion.com

http://www.arabnews.com/prophet-muhammad%E2%80%99s-extraordinary-affection-children


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20042
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:26 am
 


Fighter wrote:
Prophet Muhammad’s extraordinary affection for children
Published — Friday 29 June 2012


The kid we hear most about, even over here in the West, concerning Mohammed's "affection for children" is, of course, Aisha:

Quote:
Sahih Muslim (8:3309) - Muhammad consummated his marriage to Aisha when she was only nine. (See also Sahih Bukhari 58:234 and many other places). No where in the reliable Hadith or Sira is there any other age given. Other references are Sahih Bukhari 3896, 5158 and 3311.

Sahih Bukhari (62:18) - Aisha's father, Abu Bakr, wasn't on board at first, but Muhammad explained how the rules of their religion made it possible. This is similar to the way that present-day cult leaders manipulate their followers into similar concessions.

Sahih Muslim (8:3311) - The girl took her dolls with her to Muhammad's house (something to play with when the "prophet" was not having sex with her).

Sahih Bukhari (6:298) - Muhammad would take a bath with the little girl and fondle her.


https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/page ... -life.aspx


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 360
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:13 am
 


N_Fiddledog wrote:
The kid we hear most about, even over here in the West, concerning Mohammed's "affection for children" is, of course, Aisha:

Quote:
Sahih Muslim (8:3309) - Muhammad consummated his marriage to Aisha when she was only nine. (See also Sahih Bukhari 58:234 and many other places). No where in the reliable Hadith or Sira is there any other age given. Other references are Sahih Bukhari 3896, 5158 and 3311.

Sahih Bukhari (62:18) - Aisha's father, Abu Bakr, wasn't on board at first, but Muhammad explained how the rules of their religion made it possible. This is similar to the way that present-day cult leaders manipulate their followers into similar concessions.

Sahih Muslim (8:3311) - The girl took her dolls with her to Muhammad's house (something to play with when the "prophet" was not having sex with her).

Sahih Bukhari (6:298) - Muhammad would take a bath with the little girl and fondle her.


https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/page ... -life.aspx


Old argument which is countered over here...Evolution of humans, I think over the time.

https://lifestyle.howstuffworks.com/family/parenting/tweens-teens/earlier-girls-puberty.htm

https://islamgreatreligion.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/was-muhammad-a-pedophile-an-examination-of-muhammads-relationship-with-a-nine-year-old-girl/


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.