CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
Such an obscurely obnoxious clown and nothing more, jj. Not sure how you've gotten anywhere in adulthood acting like such a dickhead, assuming you are an adult. I do like that the hateful nonsense you have broiling in your mind seems to be unique each time you feel the need to show your shit brown colours, so I can alqays look forward to knowing I'm going to bebinsulted in a memorable way, which I appreciate.

Fire up the bong slurpee boy. The internet and real life are two different things, someday you will wake up to the real world.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Eh, 3/10; I like the "slurpee boy" dig. Could use some work.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Well that went downhill fast.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:41 pm

JJ brings out the best in people.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:08 pm

jj2424 jj2424:
fifeboy fifeboy:
jj2424 jj2424:

FN carry a chip on their shoulder for eternity. How big does that cheque have to be to fix all those wrong doings?

Chelation therapy may help with your condition. Your Doctor can provide you with more information.

Another big fat squaw on the end of your dipstick would cure you for a few weeks.

How is your comment relevant in any way. We were talking about Muslims and Christians, not Aboriginal People. You truly are an idiot.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:21 pm

He's been this way ever since the tomahawk accident. Now he has nightmares that Hiawatha is his proctologist. I recommend 2 shots of Lakota and a dreamcatcher. Call me in the morning.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Delwin Delwin:
He's been this way ever since the tomahawk accident.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:10 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Do you mean to imply that when protetants were committing atrocities in South Africa and Northern Ireland up to and including the early 1990s you were apologizing on their behalf and claiming your share of collective blame?

Somehow I doubt it.

For clarification I am an atheist and believe any adult living in the 21st century with access to the internet who still believes in god(s), heaven, hell, angels, fairies, pixies, leprechauns, unicorns, magic powers, ghosts, goblins, Santa and the Easter Bunny is either mentally deluded or deliberately ignorant.

Now your reference to both South Africa and Ireland implies that the conflict was more religious than political which it was not. Just like the Israel Palestine issue which is more political than religious, these types of conflicts are very distinct from religious groups such as Al Qaida, Al Shabab, Boko Haram and ISIS who everyday murder, rape and destroy property in the singular uncompromising pursuit of promoting their interpretation of god's will.

Few if any protestant South Africans thought they doing God's will. Few if any American or British or Canadians or Australians converted from their religions to Protestantism then went to South Africa in pursuit of promoting their newfound ideology violently until their own death.

You need to make the distinction between murdering someone for political, criminal, nationalistic, racist, psychotic, and vengeful reason vs it being your ticket to heaven and a high fiver from god when you get there.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:43 am

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:

For clarification I am an atheist and believe any adult living in the 21st century with access to the internet who still believes in god...is either mentally deluded or deliberately ignorant.
And I think anyone in this day and age with all the information available who believes that the notion that all of the order in the universe was born out of the random chaos of an explosion, and believes that that is a perfectly sufficient explanation for our existence without the assistance of God or intelligent design, is both intellectually lazy and naive.

I am not the only one who feels that way, by the way:
Nobel Science Laureates who believe in God or Intelligent design:
ALBERT EINSTEIN, Nobel Laureate in Physics (he believed in a God like Spinoza did, but a God who design echoed throughout the universe)
MAX PLANCK, Nobel Laureate in Physics
WERNER HEISENBERG, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ERWIN SCHRÖDINGER, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ROBERT MILLIKAN, Nobel Laureate in Physics:
CHARLES TOWNES, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARTHUR SCHAWLOW, Nobel Laureate in Physics
WILLIAM PHILLIPS, Nobel Laureate in Physics
SIR WILLIAM H. BRAGG, Nobel Laureate in Physics
GUGLIELMO MARCONI, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARTHUR COMPTON, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ARNO PENZIAS, Nobel Laureate in Physics
ALEXIS CARREL, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
SIR JOHN ECCLES, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
JOSEPH MURRAY, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
SIR ERNST CHAIN, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology
GEORGE WALD, Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Physiology (note: he has quotes which defend atheism & deism)
SIR DEREK BARTON, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
CHRISTIAN ANFINSEN, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry
WALTER KOHN, Nobel Laureate in Chemistry

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:09 am

This is a good position paper on intelligent design:

The Challenge of Irreducible Complexity: Every living cell contains many ultrasophisticated molecular machines.

$1:
Intelligent Design position statement
By Michael J. Behe

Black box: a system whose inner workings are unknown.
Scientists use the term “black box” for a system whose inner workings are unknown. To Charles Darwin and his contemporaries, the living cell was a black box because its fundamental mechanisms were completely obscure. We now know that, far from being formed from a kind of simple, uniform protoplasm (as many nineteenth-century scientists believed), every living cell contains many ultrasophisticated molecular machines.

Does natural selection account for complexity that exits at the molecular level?
How can we decide whether Darwinian natural selection can account for the amazing complexity that exists at the molecular level? Darwin himself set the standard when he acknowledged, “If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down.”

Irreducibly complex systems: systems that seem very difficult to form by successive modifications.
Some systems seem very difficult to form by such successive modifications—I call them irreducibly complex. An everyday example of an irreducibly complex system is the humble mousetrap. It consists of (1) a flat wooden platform or base; (2) a metal hammer, which crushes the mouse; (3) a spring with extended ends to power the hammer; (4) a catch that releases the spring; and (5) a metal bar that connects to the catch and holds the hammer back. You can’t catch a mouse with just a platform, then add a spring and catch a few more mice, then add a holding bar and catch a few more. All the pieces have to be in place before you catch any mice.

Natural selection can only choose among systems that are already working so irreducibly complex biological systems pose a powerful challenge to Darwinian theory.
Irreducibly complex systems appear very unlikely to be produced by numerous, successive, slight modifications of prior systems, because any precursor that was missing a crucial part could not function. Natural selection can only choose among systems that are already working, so the existence in nature of irreducibly complex biological systems poses a powerful challenge to Darwinian theory. We frequently observe such systems in cell organelles, in which the removal of one element would cause the whole system to cease functioning. The flagella of bacteria are a good example. They are outboard motors that bacterial cells can use for self-propulsion. They have a long, whiplike propeller that is rotated by a molecular motor. The propeller is attached to the motor by a universal joint. The motor is held in place by proteins that act as a stator. Other proteins act as bushing material to allow the driveshaft to penetrate the bacterial membrane. Dozens of different kinds of proteins are necessary for a working flagellum. In the absence of almost any of them, the flagellum does not work or cannot even be built by the cell.

Constant, regulated traffic flow in cells is an example of a complex, irreducible system.
Another example of irreducible complexity is the system that allows proteins to reach the appropriate subcellular compartments. In the eukaryotic cell there are a number of places where specialized tasks, such as digestion of nutrients and excretion of wastes, take place. Proteins are synthesized outside these compartments and can reach their proper destinations only with the help of “signal” chemicals that turn other reactions on and off at the appropriate times. This constant, regulated traffic flow in the cell comprises another remarkably complex, irreducible system. All parts must function in synchrony or the system breaks down. Still another example is the exquisitely coordinated mechanism that causes blood to clot.

Molecular machines are designed.
Biochemistry textbooks and journal articles describe the workings of some of the many living molecular machines within our cells, but they offer very little information about how these systems supposedly evolved by natural selection. Many scientists frankly admit their bewilderment about how they may have originated, but refuse to entertain the obvious hypothesis: that perhaps molecular machines appear to look designed because they really are designed.

Advances in science provide new reasons for recognizing design.
I am hopeful that the scientific community will eventually admit the possibility of intelligent design, even if that acceptance is discreet and muted. My reason for optimism is the advance of science itself, which almost every day uncovers new intricacies in nature, fresh reasons for recognizing the design inherent in life and the universe.**

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:27 am

What a disgusting OP. Even when Muslims speak out against violence, they're still deemed to all be sympathetic to jihadis.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:31 am

Western Muslims rally against extremism

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/western-mus ... -1.2027397

But of course they don't really mean it, and they dared to object to all being lumped together.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:49 am

For clarification I am an atheist and believe any adult living in the 21st century with access to the internet who still believes in ...and the Easter Bunny is either mentally deluded or deliberately ignorant.

OK, that's it! No Christmas card for you this year.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:50 am

andyt andyt:
What a disgusting OP. Even when Muslims speak out against violence, they're still deemed to all be sympathetic to jihadis.

Agree!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:56 am

For clarification I am an atheist and believe any adult living in the 21st century with access to the internet who still believes in god(s), heaven, hell, angels, fairies, pixies, leprechauns, unicorns, magic powers, ghosts, goblins, Santa and the Easter Bunny is either mentally deluded or deliberately ignorant.

So you're just as ignorant as the religious crusaders, is what you're saying.