canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Seems that some don't want to be treated equally. If it's secular and non-denominational, and makes no room for prayer for any other group, then this must stand.....no exceptions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 12:57 pm

awww, BF will be sooooo happy.

Canadians will do nothing, until it is too late.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Yeah, 100% secular when Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus ask for permission to pray but bend over backwards for fear of offending the cult of death.

I fear what Canada will look like in 30 years. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:13 pm

How is it we're not rising up and demanding an end to these BS, misnomered "Human Rights" commissions.

Perhaps we deserve what we get.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:21 pm

I support the Human Rigths Tribunal. What's more, the school needs to start providing Christians for the Muslim students ot behead. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:21 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
How is it we're not rising up and demanding an end to these BS, misnomered "Human Rights" commissions.

Perhaps we deserve what we get.

Yep. Way too many lefties who bend over and take it in the ass from muslims while condemning every other religious faith.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I support the Human Rigths Tribunal. What's more, the school needs to start providing non-believers for the Muslim students ot behead. :lol:

Fixed it for you. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:26 pm

This is horseshit.

How come Ezra is more sensible with his rebel media than he was on the sun?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:30 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:

What a total crock of SHIT, If things keep up like this, never mind the 30 years, I'd give the country 10 years, 15 tops before Christianity is outlawed in Canada.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Freedom of expression. Pray all you want if it doesn't disturb others. All the school had to do was set aside a small area where anybody that wants to pray can do so. Don't allow the students to miss class to pray, don't allow them to do it where it disrupts the school, but they could have accommodated these two.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Hyack Hyack:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

What a total crock of SHIT, If things keep up like this, never mind the 30 years, I'd give the country 10 years, 15 tops before Christianity is outlawed in Canada.

Give me a break with the hysteria. There are cases where Muslims and other religious groups have pushed too far. This isn't one of them.

There should be no monetary damages here. The school should just be told to designate an area where anybody can pray.

Of course then Muslim schools should have to accommodate other religions as well, assuming anybody signed up.

Last edited by andyt on Wed May 13, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:50 pm

Now this, this is the Ezra that so many of us used to admire and respect.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 5:56 pm

andyt andyt:
Freedom of expression. Pray all you want if it doesn't disturb others. All the school had to do was set aside a small area where anybody that wants to pray can do so. Don't allow the students to miss class to pray, don't allow them to do it where it disrupts the school, but they could have accommodated these two.

Yaaaaay islam.
You'd be ranting at the top of your lungs if a Christian group did this. Pretending you wouldn't is just TAB. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:04 pm

The troll king reveals himself yet again. As you pointed out he'd be howling with indignation and ranting about secularism were it Jews or Christians rather than Muslims. His purpose isn't to promote fairness.... it's just to troll.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Funny thing is, this school seems exactly like what the Pro-SchoolPrayer peeps always rail against. That being, absolutely no Prayer in school. However, I highly suspect that is BS anyway with all kinds happening within the minds of students/staff.

The real problem here is that Muslim Prayer is more ritually involved than the Prayer of others, especially Christian(don't really know much of Sikh or Hindu practices).

Should they be accommodated? Even if they are Secular/Non-Denominational(a strange combination...kinda sounds like a Neutral Christian institution that chose to not address Religion for the sake of avoiding conflict), I don't see why Prayer should be banned fullstop. Secularlists objections to School Prayer has nothing to do with Prayers occurring in a School, it has to do with how that Prayer occurs and who initiates it. People who want to Pray are free to do so. Those who don't want to Pray should not be forced to do so or have to exclude themselves from core School activities to avoid Prayer. In short, accommodation could be made here without violating Secularist principles, so I think they should be granted.

That will fundamentally change the school, I understand, but if handled right the core idea will remain intact and students will be free to practice their Religion.