bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:36 pm

What I find pitiful the those who worship at the feet of the holy cow AGW.

Finding a place on the prayer mat is difficult because of Gores fat ass.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:14 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Well, Plug ol' buddy, seems I have bested you once again with my scintiallting intellect and rapier wit. You may now admit defeat.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:29 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Well, Plug ol' buddy, seems I have bested you once again with my scintiallting intellect and rapier wit. You may now admit defeat.

Bart might as well admit defeat too. I can't remember the last time he actually had an argument against AGW. All he ever does these days is post new threads that are cut and pastes from elsewhere and make snide comments.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

You may have a rapier wit belongs to you. Did you leave the intellect on the Gore prayer mat?

I have a shield and 10g shotgun, a near miss is a kill.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:40 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

You may have a rapier wit belongs to you. Did you leave the intellect on the Gore prayer mat?

I have a shield and 10g shotgun, a near miss is a kill.

That's OK, Plug ol' buddy ol' pal--apology accepted.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:43 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Bart might as well admit defeat too. I can't remember the last time he actually had an argument against AGW. All he ever does these days is post new threads that are cut and pastes from elsewhere and make snide comments.

I think Bartmeister been working backwards from the start: Kyoto is a pile of crap, therefore so must be the science of climate change.

And then there's Samsquanch--kind of like a retarded Klan member wiht full-blown Tourette's.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:37 am

mtbr mtbr:
romanP romanP:
You know, I've given up on trying to convince people who are in denial about climate change. The voices of a vocal minority are more powerful to them than anything having to do with reason, science, logic, or even thinking.

Instead, I'll do my part, and if the rest of the humans fuck it up, I'll just laugh at them when everything starts to go really wrong.

Do you have the stats to prove its a "vocal minority".

I'll bet money my footprint is smaller than yours.

The statistics are available anywhere. There are far fewer scientists who say there is no global warming and that we aren't responsible than those saying that there is global warming and that we are responsible. But I'm not going to try to convince you of this, because I could show you reams of statistics and you'd probably still insist that it's nonsense.

As for betting money, I don't gamble.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:07 pm

Yeah... the UN's IPCC panel consisited of a whooping 52 scientists..!!! WOW that sounds like a majority... :lol:

So let's have Canada and the USA do their part, sign Kyoto and ship more of our jobs over to Kyoto exempt, 3rd world countries...

Sorry this global warming is a hoax... It's all about politics....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:45 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:

And if you did the same you'd have a contributor medal, too. Posting threads that generate discussion is encouraged around here. Feel free to post pro-AGW stuff if you wish and if it's any good it'll generate some discussion and site traffic which helps Trev pay for the site. :idea:

Also, I have not changed my mind about AGW, but arguing about AGW with True Believers is akin to telling Biblical Christian that the Bible is not meant to be taken literally.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:02 pm

From a friend of mine...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:16 pm

I have a hard cover book called "Atlas of the Bible" - it was published by Reader's Digest in the early 80's and denotes to the EVER Changing Planet for which we all live.
Earth shifts, seasonal effects, how the land masses have changed over time (As we know it) is what the book is all about and obtains maps that graphically show how much our earth has changed since A.D.
Global Warming is a natural event of Mother Nature and something that man has made every effort possible to hinder - because we know we cannot beat Mother Nature at her own game!
HOWEVER, with global warming and ..... what we have pumped into our air and waters, is going to have a catastrophic effect on mankind within the next 10 or less years.....
Bacterias, Viruses, Microbes, Extinctions, stilled waters that are polluted and generate emissions we've never encountered before. Spray cans depleting our atmosphere (As an example) will eventually permit bacterias from the universe - and we won't be able to scientifically deal with it because the substances are microbes mankind has never encountered before and are unknown to us.
Global warming is expected much like the seasons are - but with all the MAN MADE Pollution we have created over the years, the effects will be realistically devestating - then what?
Global Warming will be hard enough to deal with and it will change and take away places our history books have educated us about all our lives - it's the man made pollution and emissions that will come back to haunt us - creating new diseases that will touch every one of our lives.
Before our time, before man heavily populated AND polluted this planet, Global Warming brought with it disease and death - man are we ever in for a HUGE surprise with the pollution we've permitted to happen.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:20 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
hurley_108 hurley_108:

And if you did the same you'd have a contributor medal, too. Posting threads that generate discussion is encouraged around here. Feel free to post pro-AGW stuff if you wish and if it's any good it'll generate some discussion and site traffic which helps Trev pay for the site. :idea:

Starting threads and then not participating in them in any way other than to snipe at semantics or post quips and smilies isn't contributing, it's trolling.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Also, I have not changed my mind about AGW, but arguing about AGW with True Believers is akin to telling Biblical Christian that the Bible is not meant to be taken literally.

Then why do you bother entering into the discussions in any way? Why not just ignore them? Because you're a troll. A very prolific troll, but a troll nonetheless.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:21 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
From a friend of mine...

See, this isn't discussion, it's trolling.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:24 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
From a friend of mine...

All this time I thought you were a chick...than I read your profile ROTFL

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:38 pm

mtbr mtbr:
hurley_108 hurley_108:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
From a friend of mine...

All this time I thought you were a chick...than I read your profile ROTFL

Hurley is a guy? 8O

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next