bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:04 pm

http://www.airshipstothearctic.com/docs ... _eapft.pdf

I don't know if this has been posted before, so i thought I'd post it again. I know the discussion of airships has popped up a few times on the site, but I think it's a discussion that should remain current and active, as climate conditions change and fuel costs soar. As it is, our food prices are increasing and if carbon taxes are implemented, they'll soar even further, impacting those who can afford increases the least. The poor will suffer the most because of the green programs, of this there is no doubt. Airships, powered buy solar and other alternative energy sources(even hydrogen cells....not filled with hydrogen a la hindenburg) offer a compromise between speedy air and slow marine transports, but with far less pollution than either of them produce.

The article makes a very interesting read and discusses the important roles that airships could play from military and law enforcement applications(surveillance) to transport ogf people and materials to remote settlements.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:45 pm

The airships were elegant. It would.be nice to see them flying again. The hanger that was but for The Hindenburg is still there.j

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:48 pm

I like taking the Saint John/Digby ferry, and if the same level of comfort for the same price was available from a dirigible I would go for it.