canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:50 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Good point Doc. I dimly remember Apple being in deep shit before the ipod too. RIM need to come out with a killer product quickly and all might be forgiven. I'm not willing to bet my retirement stocks on it though.

I hope RIM makes the big move at the top that companies like HP and Apple had to make before those products saw the light of day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Optimists abound, eh? Closed down another 4% today, to $13.37. Payday coming...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 am

BlackBerry:
Email, text, strong reception, reliable, long lasting battery, pure work phone.

Android/IPhone:
Phone, text, games, internet, applications, widgets, touch screen, nice appearance, casual phone.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Based on my experience with the company supplied Blackberry Torch I've been using for a few months... I wouldn't buy any stock in RIM. It's the worst phone I've ever owned.
It freezes on a regular basis so i need to pull the battery out and and restart it. It cheek-mutes all the time. It's been sending text mshs to the wrong people. including people I don't know. The browser is slow most of the time. The apps suck. Terrible terrible phone. My boss and I are both trying to talk the company into iPhones.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Down to $12.90 today...another 4% loss.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:

That happens when the media abuses their power and more than likely accepts some cash to specifically target RIM.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:16 pm

$9.99 is my strike price. That's all I care about right now.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
$9.99 is my strike price. That's all I care about right now.

If I was out of uni I would start dumping cash into them very rapidly after they hit that point, there is a huge bounceback potential with little left to lose. Eventually they will get out their new stuff, the media will get off of them, and somebody will start a false rumour about a takeover and the price will return.

EDIT: Just looked at their 2011 acquisitions, RIM is up to something.

$1:
JayCut

In July 2011, RIM brought on JayCut, a Sweden-based company that is an online video editor. JayCut will work with RIM to add video editing capabilities to the BlackBerry platform.

Newbay
In October 2011, RIM brought on NewBay, an Irish-based company that is an online video, pics and tool for media networks editor "." October 7, 2011

Source: Wikipedia.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Unsound Unsound:
Based on my experience with the company supplied Blackberry Torch I've been using for a few months... I wouldn't buy any stock in RIM. It's the worst phone I've ever owned.
It freezes on a regular basis so i need to pull the battery out and and restart it. It cheek-mutes all the time. It's been sending text mshs to the wrong people. including people I don't know. The browser is slow most of the time. The apps suck. Terrible terrible phone. My boss and I are both trying to talk the company into iPhones.

That's why I use the Bold 9780 for work it's one of RIM's top phones. IPhones are great as I have one for personal use but when it comes to work, email, etc BlackBerry's win. Look at the Bold 9790 for your work.

Last edited by BRAH on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:54 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
Lemmy Lemmy:

That happens when the media abuses their power and more than likely accepts some cash to specifically target RIM.

You should see how Yahoo News seems to be going after RIM. :evil:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 pm

BRAH BRAH:
jeff744 jeff744:
Lemmy Lemmy:

You should see how Yahoo News seems to be going after RIM. :evil:

I've seen, honestly this is just another notch for them, they destroy lives and companies so they can sell more papers.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:12 pm

BRAH BRAH:
Unsound Unsound:

That's why I use the Bold 9780 for work it's one of RIM's top phones. IPhones are great as I have one for personal use but when it comes to work, email, etc BlackBerry's win. Look at the Bold 9790 for your work.

Wasn't really given a choice.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 am

Playbook dropping again on boxing day. 199/249. I guess that's why we have 300 of em at my store.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:06 am

Playbook....

I could never convince my missus to part from her ipad2 unless it was with an ipad3. Apple made their own market with the ipad and only an ipad will do!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:43 am

BRAH BRAH:
Email, text, strong reception, reliable, long lasting battery, pure work phone.

Android/IPhone:
Phone, text, games, internet, applications, widgets, touch screen, nice appearance, casual phone.

I never understood that statement... My Android works so well with email that I barely even use my physical desktop computer to access my gmail anymore.