Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 pm

BlackBerry Mercury and DTEK50 win awards at CES 2017
Quote:
Now that CES 2017 has wrapped up, folks are looking back on everything that was announced in Las Vegas and handing out awards for what they feel was the 'Best Of CES.' Unsurprisingly, one of the items that continues to appear on several lists is the BlackBerry Mercury, which TCL offered a sneak peek of at CES.

The last phone designed by BlackBerry has managed to grab a lot of attention in the past few days and a new post from Ralph Pini, Chief Operating Officer and General Manager, Mobility Solutions, at BlackBerry, highlights that even further. Mercury wasn't the only winner, though, the DTEK50 scored some love at CES as well taking home an Innovation Award.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-mercury-last-phone-designed-blackberry-grabs-attention-ces

[drool]
BlackBerry isn't dead yet! XD

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:38 am

Thank god. My transition to touch screen has been a catastrophe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:11 am

Canadian_Mind wrote:

I switched about 3 years ago and still miss that tiny keyboard. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:32 am

2Cdo wrote:
Canadian_Mind wrote:

I switched about 3 years ago and still miss that tiny keyboard. :lol:

I switched from a BB 9700 Bold and 9900 Bold, with the teeny keyboard, to the Z10 and Z30 with virtual keyboards. I like the big screens, but not a fan of the virtual keyboard. I also like BB OS much better than Android.

I think my next phone will be a BlackBerry Priv. Pretty much the last true phone made by BB. The Silver edition is well loved by those who own it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:11 am

If the Mercury isn't available in Canada the Passport still looks good.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:19 am

I like the Passport too. Slower processor than the Priv, so it gets insane battery life. And it makes good phone calls. :)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:46 am

After going through the 9630, 9700, 9900, Q10, Z10 (which I still have because I'm a tech whore) the Silver looks good. [drool]

The Mercury could be a game changer for BlackBerry, the problem is the company's reputation has been dragged through the mud by the media this phone might not change anything.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 am

I have a BB q20 classic for work and an iPhone 6SE (the small one) for personal and I would never switch either. My employer tried to give me an iPhone and I hated and switched back.

Blackberry physical keyboard is way better for typing and the calendar is much better for setting up and sending out meeting invites, setting up conference calls etc; iPhone is better for surfing the net, using Apps, just about everything personal

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:00 pm

BlackBerry's physical keyboard is their bread and butter and if BB stuck with it instead of using virtual keyboards and put a physical keyboard on the Playbook things might have been better when BB10 rolled out.