Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Interesting story!

Quote:
A red-footed tortoise named Manuela mysteriously “disappeared” from a home in a suburb of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1982. The Almeida family assumed that their pet had lumbered out of the house after builders at the site left the front door ajar, according to Brazil’s Globo TV.

Recently, Leandro Almeida was cleaning out a storage shed and threw away an old wooden box. As he told Globo, “I put the box on the pavement for the rubbish men to collect, and a neighbor said, ‘You’re not throwing out the turtle as well are you?’ I looked and saw her. At that moment, I turned white, I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing.”

The box contained an old record player and—seemingly miraculously—their long-lost tortoise, still alive after more than three decades.

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2013/02/01/how-did-a-tortoise-survive-30-years-in-box/

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 pm

interesting indeed.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:36 pm

I saw that story on the news a few days ago. Didn't seem logical to me..........at least the way it was presented. :?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 am

Highly skeptical of a story claiming an animal to be alive and well after 30 years of no food and water..