CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:00 am
 


Hi, guys!
Can you suggest any interesting present for a 35 y.o. man Birthday (my brother's) if he is way too much into modern technology? :D I'm thinking about something sweet and technological at the same time, ideally not expensive?
Thanks in advance! :)


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32775
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:20 am
 


Scotch. Single malt.

You are welcome. :)


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:25 am
 


Hmm how come is it connected to the modern technology?? :D :D


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32775
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 am
 


Distilling of whisky is a pretty high tech business. Distillers like Ardbeg have even sent casks to the International Space Station.

And every guy likes the gift of Whisky. :)


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:35 am
 


Sounds like fun, thanks for the suggestion :) I'm looking for some stuff connected to the augmented reality now, seems like it is a cool thing :D


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63685
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:03 am
 


Emily23 wrote:
Sounds like fun, thanks for the suggestion :) I'm looking for some stuff connected to the augmented reality now, seems like it is a cool thing :D


Sounds like you're about to tell us of some amazing new development in augmented reality that you think we'd be interested in buying.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32775
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:17 am
 


I'm jaded too, and was thinking the same thing. ;)


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 51388
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:03 am
 


What ya got for sale, honey?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13932

Warnings: (40%)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:36 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
Distilling of whisky is a pretty high tech business. Distillers like Ardbeg have even sent casks to the International Space Station.

And every guy likes the gift of Whisky. :)



The trick is to go for a drive afterwards. The breathalyzer is a pretty cool tech gadget.


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:05 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Emily23 wrote:
Sounds like fun, thanks for the suggestion :) I'm looking for some stuff connected to the augmented reality now, seems like it is a cool thing :D


Sounds like you're about to tell us of some amazing new development in augmented reality that you think we'd be interested in buying.


I'm actually looking for different stuff and AR things is one of the options. Would you consider a question about Apple Homekit as an advertisment as well? haha :lol: :lol:
I'm thinking of bike computers and homekit now, but maybe you know some other options. Considering AR there are things on which you can put qr code and some info. Do you know any brands that do it?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29236
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:09 pm
 


How would we know anything about buying tech in Russia, since that's where you live now?


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:35 am
 


raydan wrote:
How would we know anything about buying tech in Russia, since that's where you live now?


I'm in Kiev for business now :) I'm coming to Toronto in a week or so


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:27 am
 


So I found a really nice Decathlon bike computer https://www.decathlon.co.uk/edge-25-ant ... 57656.html
and a postcard with an AR video attached :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNDKgnyzQaI
Hopefully, he would love it :)


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:19 pm
 


Maybe you can try and check out the app-controlled Cocktail Mixing set


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 13
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:52 am
 


Jo-Jay wrote:
Maybe you can try and check out the app-controlled Cocktail Mixing set

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already congratulated him the day before yesterday and he got pretty excited :)


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.