Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:44 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
If someone REALLY wants to do something about 'climate change', then go enforce China, India, and those third world countries that are more responsible than the rest of the world for most of the pollution and whatnot.

:idea:

-J.

Even if China, India and other developing countries stopped emitting carbon tomorrow, we'd still have to deal with all the carbon the West emitted from about 1850 onwards.

Climate change needs a global solution by all countries, not just the West or just the BRIC countries.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:27 am

Why would I try to be better if he doesn't? :|

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:45 am

raydan raydan:
Why would I try to be better if he doesn't? :|

So true childish but true. Also fallowed by but that’s not fair!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:53 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I change my lifestyle for no one.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:27 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

-J.

Get married and have a couple of kids, then get back to us.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:00 am

raydan raydan:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

-J.

ROTFL That’s a guaranteed way to have to change up your lifestyle!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:34 am

raydan raydan:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

-J.

Been there, doing that! :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:41 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:14 am

$1:
A Single Fire Killed At Least 10% Of The World's Giant Sequoias, Study Says

At least a tenth of the world's mature giant sequoia trees were destroyed by a single California wildfire that tore through the southern Sierra Nevada last year, according to a draft report prepared by scientists with the National Park Service.

The Visalia Times-Delta newspaper obtained a copy of the report that describes catastrophic destruction from the Castle Fire, which charred 273 square miles (707 square km) of timber in Sequoia National Park.

Researchers used satellite imagery and modeling from previous fires to determine that between 7,500 and 10,000 of the towering species perished in the fire. That equates to 10% to 14% of the world's mature giant sequoia population, the newspaper said.

"I cannot overemphasize how mind-blowing this is for all of us. These trees have lived for thousands of years. They've survived dozens of wildfires already," said Christy Brigham, chief of resources management and science at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03/10028945 ... study-says

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:35 am

raydan raydan:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

-J.

There is a reason why I'm not married, or have kids. I'll tell you once I roll out of bed at 11am.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:05 am

Scape Scape:

Interesting concept, although I think a lot of Canadians would be okay with our cities being up to 8 degrees warmer. :wink:

Seriously though, I think this option might work for the downtown cores of some larger cities in Canada, but most Canadian city blocks are largely comprised of single family homes and townhouses, not large apartment buildings like European cities are.

Is there a North American equivalent for our large spread out cities?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:40 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
$1:
A Single Fire Killed At Least 10% Of The World's Giant Sequoias, Study Says

At least a tenth of the world's mature giant sequoia trees were destroyed by a single California wildfire that tore through the southern Sierra Nevada last year, according to a draft report prepared by scientists with the National Park Service.

The Visalia Times-Delta newspaper obtained a copy of the report that describes catastrophic destruction from the Castle Fire, which charred 273 square miles (707 square km) of timber in Sequoia National Park.

Researchers used satellite imagery and modeling from previous fires to determine that between 7,500 and 10,000 of the towering species perished in the fire. That equates to 10% to 14% of the world's mature giant sequoia population, the newspaper said.

"I cannot overemphasize how mind-blowing this is for all of us. These trees have lived for thousands of years. They've survived dozens of wildfires already," said Christy Brigham, chief of resources management and science at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/03/10028945 ... study-says

I just read the following article and was going to post it as a new topic but I'll just pop the link in here since it's related to this.

$1:
Firefighters wrapped the base of the world's largest tree in a fire-resistant blanket as they tried to save a famous grove of gigantic old-growth sequoias from wildfires burning in California's rugged Sierra Nevada.

The colossal General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park's Giant Forest, some other sequoias, the Giant Forest Museum and other buildings were wrapped for protection against the possibility of intense flames, fire spokeswoman Rebecca Paterson said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/californi ... -1.6179369

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 627 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 18  19  20  21  22  23  24 ... 42  Next