Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:51 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:47 am

raydan raydan:
Wouldn't it be a lot better if we all lived in the present instead of dwelling on the past?

People's minds have a way of only remembering the good times and not the bad, which is why nostalgia is so powerful (and often used by politicians to get votes).

You're correct we should be forward looking and work on problems that are coming our way, instead of gazing wistfully into the past...but you're still not taking my old videogames from me!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:14 am

Space saver: By a Pi400 for $100 and download RetroPi and PiMiga, you can give him the old disks.cartridges and gain space.
Over 1200 Amiga games on one microSD card with PiMiga download.
Also you can feel like you're 'saving the planet' with a 15watt computer and piece of plastic the size of your fingernail rather than umpteen systems, controllers and single game media,

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:25 pm

I'm saying that the worst-case models were not worst-case. Damn climate scientists, always getting things wrong. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:51 pm

More than a billion seashore animals may have cooked to death in B.C. heat wave, says UBC researcher

A lot of people are talking about die offs along lakes and rivers too.

I can't imagine the animals that live in the forest.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:13 pm

I have several stray cats that come by every day to eat. I let a couple of them come in to get out of the heat. Unfortunately there is nothing that I can say or do to make cats get along. I am so tired of the hissing, growling, one-upmanship, alpha male bullshit, and fighting. There is more than enough food and water for everyone. There is more than enough space for everyone to have their own little corner of the house to themselves. I honestly do not know how cats even survive as a species. They are right up there with Homo Sapiens with their inability to get along together.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:08 am

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:30 am

North America endured hottest June on record

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:30 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

So you're saying there's a chance.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:35 am

raydan raydan:

There is always a chance that a problem isn't fully understood. My coffee has a chance it will suddenly float off into space, because of what we don't know of gravity.

But it's a pretty small chance. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:06 am

https://futurism.com/neoscope/places-in ... people-die
$1:
A horrifying new trend is emerging in the face of climate change: more areas are growing so hot and humid that people are simply dying.

In fact, these heat and humidity conditions becoming far more common than experts previously assumed, according to research published in the journal Science Advances last May. In the study, scientists identified over 7,000 examples of these deadly “wet bulb conditions” in between 1979 and 2019 — and the data shows that they’ve been steadily increasing in frequency over the years.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:29 am

$1:
Climate change: Amazon regions emit more carbon than they absorb

Deforestation and climate change are altering the Amazon rainforest's ability to soak up carbon, according to a new study.

Significant parts of the world's largest tropical forest have started to emit more CO2 than they absorb.

The south-east is worst-affected, say scientists, with higher rates of tree loss and an increasing number of fires.

Temperatures there have risen by three times the global average during the hottest months.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-57839364

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 22  Next