Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Thought this was a cool video. It's actually a field of study how these birds don't collide more often with each other.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:03 pm

We get some pretty awesome starling shows in Sacramento, too. They're also nice enough birds as pets if you want one. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:14 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
We get some pretty awesome starling shows in Sacramento, too. They're also nice enough birds as pets if you want one. :wink:

I love birds, but no. They are an introduced species, and have a habit of pushing native species out of their habitats. Around here, they are to be shot on sight. 8O

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:07 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

I love birds, but no. They are an introduced species, and have a habit of pushing native species out of their habitats. Around here, they are to be shot on sight. 8O

I agree, but it's like pulling up purple loosetrife. The species is so well established that it's a permanent fixture.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I hate feking starlings. They've ruined more than one AX Awning by eating berry's and then sitting on the overhead cranes while relieving themselves. :evil:

Ya just can't wash blackberry bird shit out of canvas or dacron awning. Trust me it's been tried. :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Very cool when you see them in formations like that.

Thanks for sharing that vid!