bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:53 am

$1:
Ouch! That is what Jim Balsillie must be saying over a study this month showing two out of five Blackberry owners would switch to an iPhone if they could.

Crowd Science revealed that 39% of Blackberry owners would ‘definitely’ switch to an iPhone tomorrow if given the option. This compares to 87% of Google Android users who would keep their Androids and 92% of iPhone users who would keep their iPhones.

For RIM, the news gets worse. The survey found that 52% of Blackberry users would ‘definitely’ recommend an iPhone to their friends or family. This compares to 100% of Android users recommending their own phone to friends and 97% of iPhone users recommending the iPhone to friends.

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/personal-fi ... berry-away

I bet Balsillie nearly had a heart attack when he saw that article!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:23 am

I am totally iPhone/Blackberry illiterate and dont even know what they look like. :lol:
So can anyone PLEASE explain the difference to me? There must be an app for that? ;-)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:57 am

I'd like to get a Nexus One. Other than the price it looks like a good phone and google has a lot of apps.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:04 am

I like my phone. It rings, I answer it, I talk, I hang up.

It doesn't tell me what's playing at the theater tonight, play games, edit my photos, or let me pay my gas bill. I have a computer for that. Personally, I like it that way. I bought a phone to have a phone. If I needed all of that other crap in a portable model, I'd buy a laptop. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:04 am

I hate phones and I hate our phone companies.

I hate the commercials. I hate their 'deals'.

I hate how they are the perfect examples of abusive anti-customer capitalist corporations. Use and abuse, scam and slave. Ugh.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:08 am

Competition is coming.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:33 am

Brenda Brenda:
I am totally iPhone/Blackberry illiterate and dont even know what they look like. :lol:
So can anyone PLEASE explain the difference to me? There must be an app for that? ;-)

Blackberries have a keyboard and a scroll wheel (the new ones just have a scroll pad with no moving parts so it doesn't get stuck) Iphone is all touch screen with a single Home key. BB is going the way of Nokia and the Symbian OS. That is to say the way of the Do-Do. It's game over for them. Nokia will die now and BB will die soon as Windows mobile made an OS that works and has such a huge market share, the rest will go to Apple.

97% approval for the Iphone, that's amazing...

P.S. Welcome back Ruez!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:50 am

I'm so tired of the Charlie Brown teacher's voice sound that seems to come from a BB. I tell the people calling me on them to hang up and call me back on a real phone.

Yeah welcome back Ruez, still toughing it out in PG?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:57 pm

RUEZ! How about some of your P-51 videos?? .......taken with your Iphone. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Regina Regina:

I'm buying a new plane. A trainer. I do things in reverse order, all the crashing convinced me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:21 pm

Welcome back, Ruez!

Personnly, I'd switch given a chance. I have an IPod and would willingly swap my blackberry. Apps absolutely suck and moving between programs is a pain.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:39 pm

But what about bbm? i need my bbm. It's my social network.
i am upgrading my curve with the scroll wheel to a bold with a scroll pad next week. Even with all the idiosyncrasies of bb i still love it.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:16 pm

I have a blackberry and it drives me crazy, from time to time I have to reload my email, facebook and other apps because they stop working for whatever reason

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:05 pm

stokes stokes:
I have a blackberry and it drives me crazy, from time to time I have to reload my email, facebook and other apps because they stop working for whatever reason

You need to clean your memory everyday. i have the memory cleaning icon on my home screen and it makes it very easy to remember to do it.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:30 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Regina Regina:

I'm buying a new plane. A trainer. I do things in reverse order, all the crashing convinced me.

That's way too sensible...... 8O

:lol:
Ok...How about some crash video? :P