Justin Mornea MLB AL MVP  0%  [ 0 ]
Joe Thornton NHL MVP  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:21 am

This is going to be interesting this year, at least it won't be a race car driver.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:38 pm

Let me bring this out 1 more time. Man oh mam as a country we have a list like this and no one wants to vote on it. Maybe not to many sports fans here 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:46 pm

1 amateur and 3 professional...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:40 pm

I voted for Cindy.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:14 am

-Mario- wrote:
1 amateur and 3 professional...

Thats the final 4 that are on most of the Canadian sports writers ballots. And that's 1 little girl against 3 highly paid men. It's not their status they vote for, but their accomplishment in the pass year. I voted for Cindy, not because she's an amateur, but because she is now the greats Canadian Olympian of all time by winning the 5 medals in 1 games.

-Lily- wrote:
Steve Nash does a lot for amateur basketball here in B.C. When the Grizzlies packed up and left town they abandoned their youth program, and Nash took it over. He's good people.

I agree Lily, i think Nash would be just as happy if he could help develop the next Canadian NBA star, as he is with all his awards. It's hard not to vote for him because winning the MVP not once but twice is almost unthinkable in a sport dominated by big men.

Justin Mornea's, is great accomplishment, but unfortunity for him it's been done before by another great BC ball player Larry Walker.

As for Joe Thorton, IMO is only on the ballot just to remind Americans that Canadians are the MVP's in 3 of the 4 top Pro leagues in North America.