bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:23 am

I was very happy with Ferrari's results, Massa held 3rd through out the race and Kimi moved up 8 spots by the end of the race.

Mclearn looked very very strong at Monaco. Ferrari will need to step it up.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:29 am

stratos wrote:
I was very happy with Ferrari's results, Massa held 3rd through out the race and Kimi moved up 8 spots by the end of the race.

Mclearn looked very very strong at Monaco. Ferrari will need to step it up.

Yeah, I think you're right by saying that Massa did a good job. But I hoped for a better result for Kimi.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Its good to see that you two Ferrari fans are pleased with their result at Monaco. Feelings from the Ferrai team itself was a far cry. Felipe's expression on the podium wasn't of joy, and it the Ferrari garage/pit area there wasn't a single smile on ANY of their faces, not even a slight smirk. Michael Schumacher was present at the Grand Prix and hung out with the Ferrari team in their garage/pit area. His facial expression and emotion was the same as the Ferrari team.

Kimi Raikkonen hasn't been performing as the Ferrari team has expected. His highest point was a win in Melborune and his lowest was a mechanical failure in Spain. His performance thus far this season hasn't been smooth or consistent. Also, Kimi's attitude and demeanor hasn't been well received by the Ferrari team.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:22 pm

Shadow_Flanker wrote:
Its good to see that you two Ferrari fans are pleased with their result at Monaco. Feelings from the Ferrai team itself was a far cry. Felipe's expression on the podium wasn't of joy, and it the Ferrari garage/pit area there wasn't a single smile on ANY of their faces, not even a slight smirk. Michael Schumacher was present at the Grand Prix and hung out with the Ferrari team in their garage/pit area. His facial expression and emotion was the same as the Ferrari team.

Kimi Raikkonen hasn't been performing as the Ferrari team has expected. His highest point was a win in Melborune and his lowest was a mechanical failure in Spain. His performance thus far this season hasn't been smooth or consistent. Also, Kimi's attitude and demeanor hasn't been well received by the Ferrari team.

Yeah, rub it in again...... :wink:

It was expected that the McLaren would be faster on Monaco because it has a shorter wheel base then the Ferrari but so much faster................ Incredible! 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:15 pm

"Kimi Raikkonen hasn't been performing as the Ferrari team has expected. His highest point was a win in Melborune and his lowest was a mechanical failure in Spain. His performance thus far this season hasn't been smooth or consistent. Also, Kimi's attitude and demeanor hasn't been well received by the Ferrari team."

Kimi's having a lot of bad luck with the last two races with his car. The alternator went out in Spain and he broke what ever it is a strut or something at the start of the Q2 section of qualifying thus his 16th place start, a finish of 8th is pretty dang good.

Outside of that yeah kimi seems so uhhhhh'ish I cant stand to hear him talk, well in his case its a mumble. I wish he would just talk Finnish and let an interpretor speak for him. Would make life much more easy on the ears for this Yank.

For the championship (builders cup) whats the position Mclearn's first with Ferrari second and who's third. Or did Ferrari drop out of second with Kimi's 8th place finish?

Hamilton is turning out to be one heck of a driver though, I see him as being the new supper star driver of F1 IF he can keep up with all of this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:18 pm

Canadarc wrote:
Shadow_Flanker wrote:

Yeah, rub it in again...... :wink:

It was expected that the McLaren would be faster on Monaco because it has a shorter wheel base then the Ferrari but so much faster................ Incredible! 8O

What got me was that both Mclaren cars were basically coasting along after the finish line and the celebration talk was going on, ect... Then they pan back to the finish line to show the Massa was just then crossing. I was like OMG they could have parked their cars (McLearn) and gotten to the podium before Massa finished. :cry:

Now someone go and put sugar in their gas tanks at the start of the next race. :lol:

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:07 am

Canadarc, I wasn't rubbing it in. All I hear from Ferrari fans is alot of negative comments about Ferrari's performance in Monaco. You and stratos are the first ones that had anything positive to say about them (Ferrari).

The McLaren-Mercedes team finished the race with over a 60 second lead. They completely demolished everyone on the track. They even made the Ferrari cars look absolutely inferior. We just have to see if that domination will continue in Montreal.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:45 am

If you want to rub it in, be my guest. That's the fun of being race fan and especially being a team fan. I like it when there's also "competition" between fans of different teams. At my work we always make fun after a race and the fun is fooling those who are supporting a team that did a bad job. Most fun we had when Jos Verstappen was driving, his nickname was Jos the Boss but most of the time we called him Jos Gravel Trap....... This morning a McLaren fan teased me by saying that Kimi should file a complaint against the guardrail because it didn't yield before crossing the road....... The guy is still laughing......

And about Ferrari, they are competitive for many years now while other teams come and go in the top.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:48 am

Thats cool to hear. Its kinda hard for me to tell if someone on a message board is being serious or not. Some online fights were almost started because I couldn't tell if theiy're joking or being serious. But anywho, back to the Grand Prix.

Oh I do some rubbing in and teasing about other peoples' race teams or driver also, especialy at work. A co-worker and I are both NASCAR fans (yes, I love both Formula 1 and NASCAR). He loves Jimmie Johnson, he thinks the world of him. Me, I support and chear for the Toyota teams in NASCAR. He rubs it in my face sometimes, but mostly teases me about Toyota's performance in the Nextel Cup series this year. Yeah, Toyota teams in Nextel are struggling alot this year. HOWEVER, that changed on Sunday at Lowe's Motor Speedway, where at the end the RED BULL RACING toyota team finished in 5th place,and Jimmie Johnson finished 10th. Now its MY turn for the rubbing in, and its gonna be sweet. Of course I won't be a jerk about it.

Another co-worker of mine cheers for McLaren_Mercedes and especially Fernando Alonso (she has a crush on him). Her team keeps beating my Panasonic Toyota team. Im just waiting for my guys to beat her team. Like that'll happen anytime soon.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:35 pm

The Canadian Grand Prix has come and gone for another year, and what an entertaining and un-expected race it was.

My team came back into points scoring positions during the race, but only Ralf was able to score a point after Trulli crashed after exiting pit road (probably his suspension again). Both men drove great today, its just a shame Trulli had to crash like that. Both Trulli and Williams-Toyota's Roseberg drifted in unison around turn one but spunout at the end.

Lewis Hamilton wins his first F1 race while his teamate (Alonso) kept screwing up around the turns throughout the race and suffers the humility and indignity of being passed by Sato of Super Aguri-Honda. Kubica of BMW-Sauber suffers a horrendous crash but is doing very well. Heidfield of BMW-Sauber finished 2nd. Another surprise was the disqualification of Massa and Fisichella for exiting pit road under a red light (BIG no no in F1 I guess). Kimi showed a poor performance for the Ferrari team, no smiles from that squad today. Spiker suffer two crashes and are thus out of the race. Nothing but trouble for Spyker this year. Honda still fails to score a single point this year, Button's Honda car fails to start and thus retires. Super Aguri-Honda made a strong showing today and earned a 6th place (3pts) finish, good for them. Davidson of Super Aguri-Honda ran over a groundhog and entered the pit area, but the pit crew was watching TV and talking to eachother. It took a while before anyone noticed Davidson idling.

Thats pretty much how the race went. Very hectic and very entertaining. Lets see if the U.S. Grand Prix can match this one.

Here are the current points and standings.

Constructors Champoinship

1)McLaren-Mercedes 88pts
2) Ferrari 60pts
3) BMW 38pts
4) Renault 21pts
5) Williams-Toyota 13pts
6) Panasonic Toyota 6pts
7) Red Bull-Renault 4pts
7=) Super Aguri-Honda 4pts

Drivers Champoinship

1) Hamilton 48pts
2) Alonso 40pts
3) Massa 33pts
4) Raikkonen 27pts
5) Heidfield 26pts
6) Fisichella 13pts
7) Kubica 12pts
8 ) Wurz 8pts
8=) Kovalainen 8pts
10) Roseberg 5pts
11) Trulli 4pts (Panasonic Toyota)
11=) Coulthard 4pts
11=) Sato 4pts
14) Schumacher 2pts (Panasonic Toyota)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:52 am

I'm going slightly mad, it finally happened...........

My team sucks..........Ferrari sucks............GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

PDT_Armataz_01_19 PDT_Armataz_01_19 PDT_Armataz_01_19 PDT_Armataz_01_19 PDT_Armataz_01_19 PDT_Armataz_01_19

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:55 am

Oh comon hun, Massa ended third, and Raikonen 4th...

Hamilton is just TOO GOOD!

Go LEWIS! ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:52 pm

Yeah. Where did McLaren find this guy Hamilton kid? He's making Alonso look bad.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:01 pm

The U.S. Grand Prix comes to an end for '07...and maybe forever.

Despite Ralf's collision in the first turn of the opening lap, Panasonic Toyota earns 3pts with Trulli's 6th place finish. That sucked with Ralf, cause he's alawys been able to fight his way up the positions despite his bad qualifying positions. Trulli was amazing during the race, even placing 3rd or 4th at one point. Lets see how the rest of the race went.

Hamilton wins his second race of the season. Last time that was done by a rookie, its was from Villeneuve in the mid 90s. His teammate Alonso was racing quite strong and tried to pass Hamilton on several occasions, but the young rookie denied the world champion at every attempt. Rumors are starting to fly that a rift is being formed between Alonso and Hamilton. Hamilton's huge success is shadowing Alonso who is currently starting to struggle against his rookie team mate. Is Alonso just a sore loser or just jealous?

The opening lap saw the cars of Ralf, Barichello, and Coulthard taken out of the race. Super Aguri-Honda hero Takuma Sato spins his car into the sand and is retired from the race after he digs his rear tires into the sand trying to get back onto the track. This race had very few retirements which is a far cry from the Montreal race. The Ferrari team offers no challenge to McLaren in this race. Another McLaren-Mercedes cruising. Honda still can't score a single god damn point. Rumors are flying that Jenson Button might leave the team in 2008, he;s getting even more pissed with the performance of the team. The Spyker-Ferrari team actually finished the race without retiring or crashing, bout time. Nico Rosberg suffers an engine failure on one of the last laps of the race. Was he ever pissed when he climbed out of the car. BMW-Sauber's replacement drive S. Vettel finishes 8th and is the youngest F1 driver to score a championship point.

Here are the current standings thus far.

Constructors' Championship

1) McLaren-Mercedes 106pts
2) Ferrari 71pts
3) BMW 39pts
4) Renault 25 pts
5) Williams-Toyota 13pts
6) Panasonic Toyota 9pts
7) Red Bull Racing 6pts
8 ) Super Aguri-Honda 4pts

Drivers' Championship

1) Hamilton 58pts
2) Alonso 48pts
3) Massa 39pts
4) Raikkonen 32pts
5) Heidfield 26pts
6) Fisichella 13pts
7) Kubica 12pts
7=) Kovalainen 12pts
9) Wurz 8pts
10) Trulli 7pts (Panasonic Toyota)
11) Rosberg 5 pts
12) Coulthard 4pts
12=) Sato 4pts
14) Webber 2pts
14=) Schumacher 2pts (Panasonic Toyota)
16) Vettel 1pt

Back to the European leg of the Formula1 season. See you people after the French Grand Prix.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:02 am

Quote:
Is Alonso just a sore loser or just jealous?

How about both? ROTFL