Be very pissed off.

mms://windowsmedia.dvlabs.com/adcritic/espn-made-in-america.asf

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:21 am

that is the lamest thing ever!!

i think even if I was an american i would find that stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:33 am

ok....What do we do now? This is so fucking low. I do not take to American bashing and I know that the average Joe in the U.S is just like the average Joe up here. I gotta agree that even Americans will have a problem with this message. At least those who know ANYTHING about hockey. Perhaps a flooding of ESPN with email opposing this ad? I don't know, really.

I do know that it is a total piss-off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:50 am

Hahaha that was pretty funny, if we had made a commercial like that for baseball the bastards would have invaded us.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:27 pm

Seen a Molson Canadian commercial lately? Get a shiver when you watch those don't you - I know I do! They kick ass! So then why is it wrong for them to do the same?

Friendly rivalry requires two participants. We take our friendly shots, they take theirs, we all drink beer, watch a hockey game and go home happy.

It's a great ad. I love it.

m

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:40 pm

Mukluk Mukluk:
Seen a Molson Canadian commercial lately? Get a shiver when you watch those don't you - I know I do! They kick ass! So then why is it wrong for them to do the same?

Friendly rivalry requires two participants. We take our friendly shots, they take theirs, we all drink beer, watch a hockey game and go home happy.

It's a great ad. I love it.

m

Are you kidding!?

The Molson commercials show pride in our nation. I have never seen a Molson commercial that denies something to be American. Have you ever seen a Molson commercial that said "Baseball, its a Canadian game!"? I doubt you have.

Poking fun of a nation for their accomplishments is one thing, but denying property of something that belongs to a nation is just insulting!

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:19 pm

Kind of splittin' hairs a little I think. They just raised the bar, so what are we going to do about it, boycott ESPN (please, really) or produce a better commercial...?

Ever seen the Molson commercial where the guy runs like hell out of the convenience store from the "American" girl with big nasty teeth? Or the "Blue=Pass, Red=Shoot" commercial ridiculing Fox - a classic. Most of their commercials are not based purely on pride of being Canadian, but pride with being Canadian - with a side order of "who's your daddy" to the Americans...which is why they're so great!

I view this ESPN commerical as the same thing. It's a gooder, we need to get a better one...soon!

m

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:33 pm

Mukluk Mukluk:
Kind of splittin' hairs a little I think. They just raised the bar, so what are we going to do about it, boycott ESPN (please, really) or produce a better commercial...?

Ever seen the Molson commercial where the guy runs like hell out of the convenience store from the "American" girl with big nasty teeth? Or the "Blue=Pass, Red=Shoot" commercial ridiculing Fox - a classic. Most of their commercials are not based purely on pride of being Canadian, but pride with being Canadian - with a side order of "who's your daddy" to the Americans...which is why they're so great!

I view this ESPN commerical as the same thing. It's a gooder, we need to get a better one...soon!

m

I say make a parody of it. Or have a Molson commercial where a bunch of Canadian hockey players invade the Made in America factory.

That would be sweet.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:54 pm

I love it. Need to throw some Don Cherry in there somehow, along with someone pulling the shirts over the heads of the factory workers and startin' them up like lawn mowers :)

How about adding some intermittent clips of HUGE hockey hits by good ol' Canadian boys on the ice.

I like ih aloh.

m >:)

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:55 pm

duplicate post

Last edited by Mukluk on Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

duplicate post

Last edited by Mukluk on Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

duplicate post

Last edited by Mukluk on Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:40 pm

I guess espn did not watch the Heritage Classic.I thought canada won the 2003 world hockey gold medal and 2002 Olympic gold medal for men and women,s hockey. :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:43 pm

I tried to down load this but it failed could someone clue me in Please.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:00 pm

blubs blubs:
I tried to down load this but it failed could someone clue me in Please.

I'll quote the whole commercial for you.

Hey, I'm Stan. I'm one of the guys making hockey here at the factory. Ya know, there was a time when Made in America was just a fact, soon it became a reality and pride for the whole country. It stood for pride, integrity, hard work. Seeing Made in America step on something let people know that it was a darn fine product. Some people, think that hockey was made in Canada. Yeah, and my name is Pierre(Sarcastically). The NHL on ESPN, Made in America, delivered on thursdays."

Typing it makes me wanna puke.