CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 1:55 pm

blaghhhh... I am getting out of hockey... OK, Toronto hockey, to much hitting and not enough fast skating and stick handeling... I like the Vancouver style of play...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 10:04 am

me me:
Just another idea that may cause some ruckus, what does everyone think of making a truly Canadian hockey league? I think US corporations have destroyed pro-hockey. Not too mention the fact that since there US teams outnumber Canadian ones 3:1, there is little chance of a Canadian team holding the Stanley Cup, our own creation, for a length period of time. Any thoughts on this?

I think this is a brilliant idea, as we have seen Canada's game go into arenas where the average spectator may be watching hockey for the very first time, and may not appreciate the game. It is almost a novelty. If you consider some of the cities where NHL franchises having been popping up over the last few years, none of them scream to you as being hockey-towns, or even potentially good hockey-towns. Mind, y6ou I look at Toronto where during the Harold Ballard-era where they couldn't play a decent season of hockey, Maple Leaf Gardens will still sold-out night after night. Bring hockey to where people will love the game.

Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:29 pm

OK, JM Jinks. So I think the next factor to consider would be the target group. In other words, who plays and what kind of league shouldit be? Children, pros, amateur, schools? This is just a stab in the dark and by no means, definite, but I would like to see more immigrant children involved in hockey. Especially, shinny outdoors. What do you think?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:15 am

me me:
OK, JM Jinks. So I think the next factor to consider would be the target group. In other words, who plays and what kind of league shouldit be? Children, pros, amateur, schools? This is just a stab in the dark and by no means, definite, but I would like to see more immigrant children involved in hockey. Especially, shinny outdoors. What do you think?

I'm thinking semi-pro like the CFL (just kidding or am I?). :)

I'm thinking give young players a chance to play, to earn a few bucks and get recognition. And very much like the CFL where it is your job, and you get paid, you aren't going to see the 2 year $10-million dollar contracts. By offering a lower-pay structure, you are ensuring that those who are in it to play, and not to get paid necessarily are in there and doing their best. The players can make enough to be somewhat comfortable but not making the money they would the NHL.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:53 am

Agreed. I wasn't aiming for million dollar contracts. What do you think about outdoors shinny for children?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:52 am

me me:
Agreed. I wasn't aiming for million dollar contracts. What do you think about outdoors shinny for children?

Isn't that called Junior B Hockey? :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:02 pm

I think so but isn't junior B indoors? I am talking about going back to the roots of Canadian hockey in the great outdoors.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:03 am

True. We'd have to rename it Junior BO (for Junior B Outdoors)...one second thought...maybe that wouldn't be the best choice for name. :) :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:51 pm

lol, this hour has 22 min. would go nuts with a name like that....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 5:35 pm

The Oilers arent earning thier big salaries yet this year the bums ! !

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 1:23 am

GO CANUCKS GO!
The Canucks won another game, there on a road game streak! They won against the Avalanche even! I have good feelings this year.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2002 5:32 am

C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N:
lol, this hour has 22 min. would go nuts with a name like that....

That was the point of the name. :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:26 am

My OILERS ...SUCK ! ! ! ! !

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:33 am

RoyalHighlander RoyalHighlander:
My OILERS ...SUCK ! ! ! ! !

That statement wouldn't seem so bad if the Oilers were working the red light district in the Netherlands, but their hockey players..so that's bad.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:45 am

"That statement wouldn't seem so bad if the Oilers were working the red light district in the Netherlands, but their hockey players..so that's bad"

LMAO! Thats possibly the best line ever said on this site!