canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:26 am

Rugby fans!

Just so you know, the Churchill Cup in Canada kicks off today! Sky Sports is airing it over here in Britain, first game is England v Scotland then the Ireland v US follows!

Hope you can get it on your sports channels!

(Note: It's the A teams competing, not the full international squads)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:34 am

Here are the run downs of the game that happened yesterday

Scotland v England http://www.scottishrugby.org/sru/intern ... A10F413017

And Ireland v USA http://www.irishrugby.ie/newspage/77034.html

and finally, the Churchill site itself! http://www.barclayschurchillcuprugby.com/

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:58 pm

The US got their asses whipped by New Zealand yesterday! 12 tries by the Maori, the US lost by 68 points.

Final score was 74-6 or thereabouts.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:59 pm

Scotland won against Canada, I stayed up late to catch this game. I have never seen so many scrums in one match before! The ref was pissing me off!

Finaly score, 15-10 to Scotland. They are guaranteed in the Final now.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:00 pm

Might be worth mentioning that England has lost BOTH MATCHES.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:14 am

Well the NZ Maori won the final, there's a surprise. Scotland put in a fine effort though, considering the opponent!

Ireland beat England and CANADA beat the US!

Here's a link to the Canada-US final. The Americans are in trouble if they can't shape up before the World Cup qualifiers start!

http://www.barclayschurchillcuprugby.co ... 20062.html

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:24 am

How did I miss this thread? Thanks for the heads up yesterday though. The Maori a level above the 'A' teams, I love watching them play, but they really shouldn't be playing in this competition. Scotland 'A' did do very well, I wish I could get to one of these games. Our country is too damn big.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:49 am

I know, no one stands a chance against the Maori. It's a shame!! they're so good and have so many guys that there are currently 5 different ALL BLACK teams playing all around the world. And they're all kicking ass lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:51 am

Wheee! There are Rugby fans on this forum after all! ^_^

Yeah I was quite dissapointed with the Saxons as an England fan. Although at that point the first team was also getting a bettering in Australia too and I think the Saxons did a bit better in Canada.

Ben Johnstone (center, Saracens) really did shine in this years cup so maybe he might be a prospect for top level international rugby with England, we can only wait and see.

I think this year was the last year that Canada were contracted to hold the Churchill Cup. Next year USA Rugby will let the competition be staged again in Canada but with the new management that USA Rugby have now things might change after 2007/8.

USA Rugby have an English director of rugby in the form of Nigel Melville and a new Chairman in the form of Kiwi Kevin Roberts. Roberts was the guy who secured the most lucrative sponsership deal in Rugby history by linking up the All Blacks with Adidas.

So maybe, if Roberts can talk to the right people and get the right investment, the Churchill Cup might eventually be held in America instead.

Watch this space!