Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:35 pm

Edmonton will soon play host to the world's largest outdoor NHL hockey venue in history when it hosts the Heritage Hockey Game between the Edmonton Oilers and the Montreal Canadians.

This is going to be CHOICE, I can't wait to see it. Will be back in Calgary that day, so no chance of not getting it on this retarded US satellite system.

Game will be preceded by a classic alumni game featuring 99, Lowe, et al.

I can't wait, I'm like a little kid at Christmas!

m

http://www.heritagehockeyclassic.com/venue/venue.html

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:43 pm

Guess who from this forum will be at the game?? Ill give you 3 tries and the first 2 dont count....

Thats right .... I WILL

The wife is an officer in a cadet corps and they have a consession there for fundrasing, and I will be a "volunteer" that day, which means free entry, and a pass that lets me go "ALL OVER" selling beer and hotdags..... I'll wave to ya, look for me wearing a black ball cap with a poppy over the left ear....plus ill be smiling from over there to over here...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:50 pm

I'd call you bastard, but that's reserved for friends I know won't take offense. I am greeeeeeeeen with envy, and hope you have an absolute blast.

I just can't wait to see it on the tube.

m

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:32 pm

you are the luckiest hot dog hucker I know.. Have fun. I will start the the non paying bets now, since I dont except pay pal. I will take the mighty Oil,
5 to 1 over the habs... Just because Grant is in the game. One of the best goalies in the game on and off drugs. :P

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:11 pm

I take the Oil, but doubt they will make the spread you bet on. 4-3 Oil in 3.

m

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:07 pm

Edmonton is gearing up for the game, I will not be at the game, I will watch it on cbc. my uncle had season tickets to the oilers in the1980,s ,so I got see them live once in a while.It was great seeimg them in there prime. :lol:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:38 pm

Hey RH! Bring me back a Gretzky bobblehead, hot dog, and ice cold beer from the game eh!

I'm really glad this game is going on, maybe it can help make people around the world remember whose game it belongs to!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:41 am

http://www.canoe.ca/EdmontonSports/es.e ... -0003.html

By TERRY JONES, EDMONTON SUN

Mark Messier returned the call from Denver last night.

"So Slats has made it official?''

Well, Wayne Gretzky first, actually. But virtually everybody was reporting out of here last night that it had become official. Whether Glen Sather had informed the New York writers yet ...

"People forget that originally, the Rangers were going to be in the game,'' said Messier.

"It was going to be the Oilers vs. the Rangers in the NHL game and that was even before they'd thought of the alumni game,'' said Messier.

"I don't know how the Canadiens got in there. I always wanted to be part of it, right from the first time I heard of it.''

Messier said Oiler GM Kevin Lowe was right that he didn't want to come to just drop the puck.

"I wasn't going to go all the way there and not get involved,'' said No. 11.

Messier said everybody should be able to understand why he'd want to be part of it, even if he's the last member of the Stanley Cup era here still playing in the NHL.

"It's the whole event, the magnitude of it, the importance of it,'' said Messier.

"It's about Edmonton. It's about all the teams we had there. It's about it being an excellent thing for the league.

"It's about seeing the players. It's about being on the ice in Edmonton. For me it could be the last time. The Rangers don't play there this year and I don't know what I'll be doing next year. There are a lot of things wrapped up in it.''

Messier said while there's been some controversy about it in New York, he thinks Ranger fans are cool with it.

"New York is really positive. Glen Sather said it best. It's about the game. It's about celebrating a tremendous team that had a lot to do with changing the game. It's a way to help the game and promote the game and bring attention to the game.''

Messier said it's definitely the last time to be on the ice with Gretzky and probably most of the other guys.

Gretzky says it'll be his one and only oldtimers games.

"I thought about that, too. There will probably be other things as time goes on.

"It's such a perfect scenario for a lot of reasons. It's the right thing to do. And it's a dream come true.''

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:55 am

The moose is loose... He is going to be so hyped up for this game and probally the most active, since he is the only one still playing pro and in shape. But to be able to have a team to play with unlike the usless Ranger team he has now.. Deep down I bet he wishes that he never left the Nucks, even on a coaching stand point.

I still stand by bet.. Oil 5 Habs 1.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:08 pm

No other bets... Chicken?

I dont even like the oilers, but its the biggest game... EVER.

Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:42 am

I'll be watching the game at 1 am ... this is the time I was I was freezing my but off visiting home.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:58 am

I slept through the first period. Damn But caught the intermission and second. Firstly I would like to say Gretztky's Daughter is a hell of a signer. I think Billy Ranford could still play in the N.H.L McSoerly and Linesman scoring what a lick. You would have thought Messier Gretz would. And I see Tikkenen was still somewhat of a shit disterber.
I thought as the 2nd period progressed the old fire came back in the teams couldnt believe they were hitting. It was a most enjoyable game.
It is funny about the only person you heard griping was Garret. I was reading the Post this morning and called the game riducles. To me that was uncalled for. I personally would love to see this as a annual event. May the allstar game. Anyways that is my veiw. Hell if a Canadian cant take the cold he/she should move to Florida. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:42 pm

Grant Fuhr.. Perhaps the Nucks should pick the old dude up he was unreal .
I wonder if he was hoped up on something? Just kidding, he still has the best glove around.

Great game to see, even if it looked like Gretztky's Daughter was time delayed.
and to see the great one with the hair a flowen' trying to grab a goal, it was fun to watch.

I agree that they should do once a year, how aboot on hockey day in Canada.

And RH. how was hucken the dogs for the game? or did you chicken out due to the cold? what was it like -30 by the end of the game eh, no big deal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:47 pm

I had chance to go to the game,but Idid not have the funds to go.I am a oiler fan,and montreal before the oiler,s enter the nhl. I was also concered about keeping warm sitting in -28 with windchill.The best player were fuhr,ranford and linsman.Hat,s off to the oiler admin for making happen. Now every canadain nhl city want,s to have an outdoor gane, but Edmonton did first. :wink: