CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24069
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:45 pm
 


I'm not sure how the American women's soccer program is funded. Is it government funded, like the Canadian one?

Because if it is then sure she can say and do what she wants but that doesn't mean the American taxpayer has to fund her.

Maybe she can find Commie-friendly sponsors like the Caramel Commie of the furry-ferret-face did when it was discovered he couldn't actually play football well enough to balance out the money they were losing at the gate by playing him.


Attachments:
Commie Colin.JPG
Commie Colin.JPG [ 73.79 KiB | Viewed 146 times ]
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23715
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:10 pm
 


peck420 wrote:
Tricks wrote:
Either for or against all of it, or you're a hypocrite.

You going to lead the charge in removing the government from these than?

We can't actually call these organizations private, nor can we call them government owned. They truly exist in a hybrid place in the middle.

They receive and respond to government rules and regs as if they are a direct government department, yet they accept and promote private entities as well as the government entities.

If we are going to claim that soccer is private, than we must allow it to act 100% private.

Granted, that will mean a 70-90% reduction in women's sports funding...so....

They're private with donation. The government may donate to red cross but that doesn't mean they can determine what the red cross can and can't do. They can choose to pull said funding, but that's about it.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24069
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:42 pm
 




Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2556
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:28 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
They're private with donation. The government may donate to red cross but that doesn't mean they can determine what the red cross can and can't do. They can choose to pull said funding, but that's about it.

Sure, sure.

Perfectly explains why US Soccer uses their own privately owned entity any time they get large cash infusions.

A privately owned entity with private financial records.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14036
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:33 pm
 


stratos wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
stratos wrote:
As for her free speech vs disrespect. She is playing for the USA Team. She is representing the country not her's or anyone else political beliefs. Her spouting things that can be seen as disrespectful towards the country and then the treatment of the Flag of the nation she is supposed to be representing IS considered disrespectful. IMO she should have been kicked off the team. Players should remember they are playing to represent the country and if they feel that strongly against said country they should not be playing as a representative of that country.


She didn’t do anything to the flag. Her criticism of Trump isn’t “disrespectful to the country” it’s fair comment and free speech.


If you and her and any others who don't understand that you are representing a country when you play for a national team then frankly you don't deserve to be on that team and as a spectator if you agree with things like this you don't deserve a national team in the first place.

I am sure you would cheer and root for a group of say Muslims playing in the Olympic games and representing Canada if they spit on the Canadian flag, ripped it up and burned in all in "celebration" of a victory. After 2 weeks of acting like ungrateful people for having the opportunity to play. You know free speech and all that.


I REPEAT: She didn’t do anything to the flag


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63843
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:55 pm
 


Allie Long did indeed drop the US flag on the ground. It should also be noted that another player (whose name I do not know right now) immediately picked it up.

Unless I see actual evidence to the contrary then I'm just going to let it go as an accident and not something respective of the team attitude since it was promptly picked up.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 24069
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 pm
 




Quote:
Benghazi hero John “TIG” Tiegen pointed out that the blunder happened despite the fact that players were briefed on proper flag etiquette.

“I know dragging it on the ground and throwing it down like it’s a piece of paper isn’t part of that. It’s not hard to hand it off and celebrate. Your coaching staff or trainers are there to take it. Damn Amazing disrespect for a photo op,” he wrote, addressing Long, then adding a thank-you to O’Hara for picking up the flag.


https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/0 ... p-victory/


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14036
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:59 pm
 


N_Fiddledog wrote:


Quote:
Benghazi hero John “TIG” Tiegen pointed out that the blunder happened despite the fact that players were briefed on proper flag etiquette.

“I know dragging it on the ground and throwing it down like it’s a piece of paper isn’t part of that. It’s not hard to hand it off and celebrate. Your coaching staff or trainers are there to take it. Damn Amazing disrespect for a photo op,” he wrote, addressing Long, then adding a thank-you to O’Hara for picking up the flag.


https://americanmilitarynews.com/2019/0 ... p-victory/



They didn’t drag it or throw it on the ground. It slipped out of one persons hand for a split second before it was immediately picked up and touched the ground for a split second for fucks sake the right wing lies never end.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23715
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:20 pm
 


peck420 wrote:
Tricks wrote:
They're private with donation. The government may donate to red cross but that doesn't mean they can determine what the red cross can and can't do. They can choose to pull said funding, but that's about it.

Sure, sure.

Perfectly explains why US Soccer uses their own privately owned entity any time they get large cash infusions.

A privately owned entity with private financial records.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. :lol:


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2480
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:25 pm
 


BeaverFever wrote:
For fucks sake the right wing lies never end.


The problem is when left wing idiots keep making excuses for people who show national flags, monuments, and historical icons nothing but contempt and then blame everyone else.

People like you are a disgrace to the human race. Period.


-J.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14036
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:54 pm
 


CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
BeaverFever wrote:
For fucks sake the right wing lies never end.


The problem is when left wing idiots keep making excuses for people who show national flags, monuments, and historical icons nothing but contempt and then blame everyone else.

People like you are a disgrace to the human race. Period.


-J.


Trolling me again. Your life is sad and pathetic and it’s sad that you’re so obsessed with me.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 376
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:08 pm
 


Tricks wrote:
peck420 wrote:
Tricks wrote:
They're private with donation. The government may donate to red cross but that doesn't mean they can determine what the red cross can and can't do. They can choose to pull said funding, but that's about it.

Sure, sure.

Perfectly explains why US Soccer uses their own privately owned entity any time they get large cash infusions.

A privately owned entity with private financial records.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. :lol:



It sounds just like Hillary. :lol:


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 376
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:17 pm
 


See kids, this is alt leftists moving the goalposts.




BeaverFever wrote:
They didn’t drag it or throw it on the ground.


Yes they did. First couple seconds of that clip. It was dragging.




Quote:
It slipped out of one persons hand for a split second


:lol:

No, it was dropped. On purpose. Maybe without malice or thought, but definitely dropped,
because whoring for the camera became more important.



The blonde whatsherface should be removed from the team, immediately.




The women have also taken a lot of shit worldwide for being really poor winners.
Now shit at home for being so disrespectful.

The US should I dunno, stick to baseball. :P


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2480
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:21 am
 


BeaverFever wrote:
Trolling me again. Your life is sad and pathetic and it’s sad that you’re so obsessed with me.


Attachment:
PKT.jpg
PKT.jpg [ 70.14 KiB | Viewed 3 times ]






-J.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 17594
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:35 am
 


"The women have also taken a lot of shit worldwide for being really poor winners.
Now shit at home for being so disrespectful."



A third player, I think. When the US beat England. Did a tea cup thing with the pinkie out. I know a lot of my British friends found that disrespectful.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.