Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 am

Jonny_C wrote:
desertdude wrote:
rinse and repeat until utter boredom followed by death
Major League Baseball is probably the worst.

That's true of anything if one hasn't the capacity to comprehend it. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:58 am

desertdude wrote:
Its funny people hatin' on football aka soccer to you folk, the most popular game in the world which has been played for centuries in various forms and while hardly anyone outside of N.America really gives a rats arse as per the OP about American Football.

And most ironic of all is American football has its roots in rugby which has is roots in football. Just made a good game shitty instead of improving it.

Actually, the irony is that your comment could just as easily be turned around - North America doesn't give "a rats arse" about soccer and football (NFL, College football and CFL) is probably the most popular sport on the continent.

Just sayin... :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:06 am

More like North Americans don't believe that anyone should get paid an obscene amount of money for playing a gaywad game like soccer. NFL players, as shitty a group of people as one could ever hope to find, at least earn their pay in head concussions alone. Soccer players get paid for falling on grass and crying like babies whenever another player frowns at them. He tripped me - take to the hospital right now! Might be OK in some pussified moral abbatoir like Europe or South America but that shit just don't make the cut in Nor-Am.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Thanos wrote:
More like North Americans don't believe that anyone should get paid an obscene amount of money for playing a gaywad game like soccer. NFL players, as shitty a group of people as one could ever hope to find, at least earn their pay in head concussions alone. Soccer players get paid for falling on grass and crying like babies whenever another player frowns at them. He tripped me - take to the hospital right now! Might be OK in some pussified moral abbatoir like Europe or South America but that shit just don't make the cut in Nor-Am.

Soccer is great fun to play. You don't need to be a 400 lb steroid monkey. And, yeah, you don't get concussions, which I guess is a big strike against it. I know how most parents want to give their kids a head start in life by getting them a couple of concussions under their belt by the time they're 18. And maybe the reason they fall down is because they aren't wearing more armor than your average medieval jouster. :lol:

I've got my both my kids in soccer and hockey, actually. The kids who play soccer are defintiely better hockey players and vice versa. My son has a great boot in soccer, so next summer we'll start working on placekicking.

Football kicker is the best job in pro sports. 20 year career, come out a couple of times a game, never get hit, always the hero. Easy money, baby.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Lemmy wrote:
Jonny_C wrote:
desertdude wrote:
rinse and repeat until utter boredom followed by death
Major League Baseball is probably the worst.

That's true of anything if one hasn't the capacity to comprehend it. 8)

Capacity to comprehend is not the deciding factor in one's attitude toward a team-based spectator sport. It simply boils down to affinity and interest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Thanos wrote:

ROTFL +10

I couldn't have said it more eloquently myself. R=UP

Concussions are fun cause it makes everyday just like an Easter egg hunt only you get to look for practical things like forks, keys, the television, your wife and best of all your teeth. :lol:

Now excuse me while I ......... what were we talking about again? [huh]

Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:02 am

I have no use for NFL football. I will be watching the Montreal canadiens play hockey. They always play both saturday and Sunday on Superbowl weekend.
NFL football is too boring and too predictable. I would rather go to a CFL game, especially in Montreal or REgina, where you have very passionate fans!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:39 am

Hockey is profoundly beautiful to watch ... when they stick to hockey, that is.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 am

NFL.... It's still around is it?

Hu, Who knew.........

I think I'd watch the fireplace channel ahead of it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:17 am

Zipperfish wrote:
Thanos wrote:

Soccer is great fun to play. You don't need to be a 400 lb steroid monkey. And, yeah, you don't get concussions.
You don't? Get illegally tackled and smack your head hard enough on the ground and you have the makings of a concussion. Don't believe me? That's how I got my first concussion, playing soccer. 8O

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:17 am

To each his own.

My friends and I, who love NFL football, have got a big Super Bowl party ready to go!

Sorry, but CFL football isn't good football simply because it's Canadian. It's about on a par with college football, or an NFL game (i.e. exhibition) when they're playing all their second and third stringers.

Unless you actually go to a game. Everything's more fun if you see a game live.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:18 am

Thanos wrote:
NFL players, as shitty a group of people as one could ever hope to find,

Naw, there's some good dudes, they just don't make the headlines like the gangsta wantabes.

I'll be watching 3 Canadian boys play in the Super Bowl, the Broncos are owned by a former Edmontonian. Best Offense against Best defence, league MVP Payton Manning, I like both leagues but ours isn't on today so I can't wait for kick off time.

Hey.....there's something for everyone, rumour has it there's even going to be a same sex marriage at half time, now when can the CFL even come close to that. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:29 am

Jonny_C wrote:
To each his own.

My friends and I, who love NFL football, have got a big Super Bowl party ready to go!

Sorry, but CFL football isn't good football simply because it's Canadian. It's about on a par with college football, or an NFL game (i.e. exhibition) when they're playing all their second and third stringers.

Unless you actually go to a game. Everything's more fun if you see a game live.

A lot of people think it's boring, well that tells me they haven't watched NFL for awhile. Most games are averaging close to 750 to 800 yards of offense, that is not boring football. Sure they have some dogs, but so does the CFL. The NFL drives me crazy when they can head to the locker room with 20 second left on the clock, but they could say the same thing about how a missed field goal in our league could win you a game.

5 hours to Kick Off