bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:30 am

Thanx Yogi!

What a great way to end off the northern season. The best two teams, who were tied in points at the end of the season with goal differential being the deciding factor for first place, battling it out in a hard fought series of great hard nosed lacrosse. There was very little dirty stuff from either team. Stupid penalties were kept to a minimum, something I stressed to my boys for the two weeks of practices leading up to this series. The boys just dug deep and they left it all out on the floor. As I said, I couldn't be more proud of the effort and character my boys put forth this weekend, they deserve to be division champs.

Next weekend, we play the winner of the south division for the provincial title. I can't wait!

PS: A special thank you to my "little rink rat" for all the support this season.... :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:24 pm

We just found out, we'll be playing the Strathmore Venom this coming weekend here in Grande Prairie for the provincial title!!!

The Venom took out the Medicine Hat Sun Devils two games to one in the best of three southern final.

Congratulations to the Venom on winning the southern Alberta title.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:13 am

Game Day!!!!!!!

The Alberta Junior B Championship series between the Grande Prairie Thrashers and the Strathmore Venom goes today in Grande Prairie. Game one set to go in a little under 2 1/2 hours, game two at 8:30 tonight at the Dave Barr Arena.

Should be a great series and the lacrosse should be hard nosed and fast. The butterflies are already building, the nervous anticipation of the big game, the desire to get the game started right now! (And I'm just the coach!!!... :lol: )

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Well, we lost game one. Couldn't stay focused for a full 60 minutes and we just didn't execute well on offence. 9-4 for Strathmore, game two, we better let it all hang out.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Game Two..... 5-3 for Strathmore.........

In what was our best 60 minute effort of the season, we came up a little short. We were up 3-2, battled through being short handed for 11 minutes straight and we for sure left it all out on the floor in game two. I am very proud of my boys tonight and would like to congratulate the Strathmore Venom for being the 2010 Alberta Junior B Champions.

We were a team not expected by anyone to place at all this year and we won the Northern Alberta Title. Not too shabby for a team that has only been around for two years and under the present coaching staff for a single season. We will be even better next year.

Our Team.........

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:22 am

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Future Grande Prairie Junior Thrashers....in about 10 years... :wink:

These young lads stood in a line and hi-fived their hero's as they went out to play for the provincials. Then they had a mini game between periods, I'll post the entire 8 minute video of the mini game once I get it on youtube. (Are those not the best uniforms!!!)

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:50 pm

QBC wrote:

These young lads stood in a line and hi-fived their hero's as they went out to play for the provincials. Then they had a mini game between periods, I'll post the entire 8 minute video of the mini game once I get it on youtube.

One of those lads is a lass. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:51 pm

wildrosegirl wrote:
QBC wrote:

These young lads stood in a line and hi-fived their hero's as they went out to play for the provincials. Then they had a mini game between periods, I'll post the entire 8 minute video of the mini game once I get it on youtube.

One of those lads is a lass. :lol:

Oops!!!....... :oops:

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:52 pm

QBC wrote:
Our Team.........

And the most awesome nephew evah!!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:13 pm

Rosie's nephew is the handsome devil between the pipes.... :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:21 pm

QBC wrote:
Game Two..... 5-3 for Strathmore.........

In what was our best 60 minute effort of the season, we came up a little short. We were up 3-2, battled through being short handed for 11 minutes straight and we for sure left it all out on the floor in game two. I am very proud of my boys tonight and would like to congratulate the Strathmore Venom for being the 2010 Alberta Junior B Champions.

We were a team not expected by anyone to place at all this year and we won the Northern Alberta Title. Not too shabby for a team that has only been around for two years and under the present coaching staff for a single season. We will be even better next year.

Our Team.........

VERY, VERY WELL DONE Congratualtions to the Thrashers, and KUDOS to yous and the rest of the coaching staff, Q [B-o] [B-o] [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanx Yogi!

This season was a great experience to be sure.

One reason, was I got to coach Rosie's nephew in his final season. He's a fine young lad that brings an incredible amount of drive, passion and heart to the game. He plays at 110% no matter if he's at practice or in a game. Game two was a bitter sweet one for him and Rosie and I, it was his last game. He's aged out for next year. In his final game, he gave us every chance to win. He faced over 60 shots and only let in 5. Anyone who knows Lacrosse knows that that is a momentous accomplishment. He faced an 11 minute penalty kill and was peppered with probably over 20 shots, let in 1. It was a performance that Rosie and I will always remember fondly and with the utmost pride.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:24 am

The wee ones!