canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:06 pm

Is anyone missing Hockey? I know I am, but the juniors and the AHL has been giving me a fix to my hockey addiction. Has anyone else been enjoying the the Canada/ Russia junoir series on Sports Net? Sure been fun hockey to watch. I can tell ya that that NFL and NBA are sure no sub for the NHL.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:45 pm

I some ways I am. I love the Canucks (and hate the Leafs of course) but this dispute is stupid. The longer it goes on ( I personally believe we won't see a season this year) hte more disdainful the public will be towards the players.

So now, in place of hockey, I now watch soccer, my other favourite sport.
Now Manchester United is my favourite team and Arsenal now takes the place of the Leafs.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:02 am

Funny you should say Man U is your favorite team, I've cheered for them since I was a young lad and many of the original Whitecaps from the old NASL league played there in the winter and here in the summer.

I don't hate the Leafs though, now the Flyers, thats another story....... :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:40 pm

It's great to see another Man United fan around QBCguy. Regrettably, the NASL predates my existance by about a decade. I wish I had been around then becuase then you could have seen people like Pele, Beckenbauer, George Best, Gerd Muller, Johann Cryuff, and other uber-players play.

Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:53 pm

Since I live in a hockey nation (Sweden) we're really enjoying some awsome hockey this year. The ROSNO cup TOURNAMENT is being played aswell.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:15 pm

ohh man..... i miss it so much

there was nothing like having a couple wabbly-pops while watching the LEafs kick some ass on Hockey Night in Canada. I guess we'll all have to wait until next year :([font=Arial] [/font][font=Andalus] [/font][font=Arial] [/font]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:13 pm

I miss the NHL less and less. Over time you begin to realise that the NHL isn't the only thing out there; the world juniors have been excellent -can't complain about watching Sidney Crosby- and hopefully other leagues will benefit from the extra attention.

Does anyone know if there will be any Russian Super League games on TV?
That's something I would really like to see...

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:00 pm

One thing that has been nice is the juniors getting all this news coverage. With no NHL I knew about most of our juniors before the tournament even started, not like last year when you really only heard about them during the tournament.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:20 am

Canada beats Russia 6-1 !! 8) :D And the game was a beauty- fast, freewheeling, all the things that are so sorely lacking in the NHL. Great checking, too (poor Ovechkin!). Yet more evidence that the NHL isn't what makes the world go 'round!!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:31 am

Did you watch the evening news there were very few non Canadians at the game and that they ran out of beer. Canadian EH!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:37 am

As the defeated Americans passed the Canadians on their way to the rink,the canucks were told to kick some russian ass.
That wasnt good hockey.

It was damn fine hockey! :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:27 am

Just goes to prove that it really is OUR GAME!! :wink:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:39 am

Russia was the most hated team at the tournament because of thier brutal stick work. Hooking, butt ending, slashing, to put it politly, chichen shit hockey. Canada sure made them pay for it with legal crushing body checks and just plain hard checking, dominating play. I bet the boys heard me cheering all the way from BC...... [flag]

These boys are the best team we've ever sent and that does say a lot.

Waytago Guys, Canada in very proud of you.!!!!!!!!!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:06 am

Yes I was very proud of those boys the play the game very disiplined.Their positional play was exceptional. A great many cudo's to the hockey staff as well.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:31 pm

Well done I loved it! I loved it! I loved it!

The only trouble is …WHAT NOW!