CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:29 pm

Just want to question you real Canadian's what the real feelings were when the expos left Canada?

In the little baseball press we have here in the UK, it was mentioned and said they would be missed for 2 weeks at the start of last season then they seem to have been forgotten!

I loved the park they had there with all the waterfalls in the back it had real style! Does every Canadian now suppost the Toronto Blue Jays? or have you quite american baseball support altogether

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:35 pm

Didn't care much really. Baseball isn't as big in Canada and it certainly wasn't in Montreal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:20 pm

Baseball, like Golf, is a sport that is better played than watched. And then I'd still try golf becuase at least you move around more.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:34 pm

At least there mascot got another job with the Montreal Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:35 pm

I'm a baseball fan, and always have been a blue jays fan.

I didn't care when the Expos left, Montreal ddin't care much either, I think they had an average attendance of 3 to 7 thousand in their last few years.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:53 pm

Unfortunately for the Expos, when they did have a great team in 94, the strike killed their chance of a World Series. If they win that year, maybe attendance picks up and they stay. Baseball has a long tradition in Montreal. I believe Jackie Robinson made his professional debut there.

Noone can say they didn't produce stars from there though. They were often referred to as the farm team of the major leagues. I, for one, will miss them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:14 am

daVinci daVinci:
Unfortunately for the Expos, when they did have a great team in 94, the strike killed their chance of a World Series. If they win that year, maybe attendance picks up and they stay. Baseball has a long tradition in Montreal. I believe Jackie Robinson made his professional debut there.

Noone can say they didn't produce stars from there though. They were often referred to as the farm team of the major leagues. I, for one, will miss them.

I have to agree with that statement regarding them produceing talent if only they could hold onto it...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:06 am

The Blue Jays are rebuilding and hoping to be a World Series contender again.