CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:09 pm

:cry: So the big cry-baby got what he wanted :cry: And all you fools fell for it.
I can't wait till YOU lose your nice high paid, easy job and he comes to your defence. Don't hold your breath, If Don Cherry had the balls like he says he's got, then he should put Mclean over his knee and give him what he really needs!!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:55 pm

I Love Canada wrote:
:cry: So the big cry-baby got what he wanted :cry: And all you fools fell for it.
I can't wait till YOU lose your nice high paid, easy job and he comes to your defence. Don't hold your breath, If Don Cherry had the balls like he says he's got, then he should put Mclean over his knee and give him what he really needs!!

Well he didnt cry. A lot of folks were un happy with the way the CBC handled it.. I myself rather enjoy his work, and its not just with HNIC either.
Hesd has been a main stay with CBC sports for many years, and is one of the best at it also...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:21 am

Simply put, to not have Ron McLean on HNIC would be like not having hockey on HNIC. Its just that simple.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:05 pm

jmjinks wrote:
Simply put, to not have Ron McLean on HNIC would be like not having hockey on HNIC. Its just that simple.

No HNIC ? ? ? what would we call it?? Nothing Night in Canada ? ? ? :D

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:23 pm

No hockey on HNIC would make HNIC = Horrible Night In Canada

[Ediorial note: Toronto destroyed Pittsburgh 6-0 Thursday night, and will slaughter Ottawa on HNIC]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 6:28 am

Canadian favorite postion for sex is "doggy style"

That way they can still watch the hockey game :lol: :wink:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:48 am

LMFAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was worried that your medication kicked in because I was thinking we were way off topic until I saw the rest of the post.

Besides the terms, Ron McLean and "doggie-style" just don't mesh well with the minds of your typical Canadian.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:06 am

If you watched"Mike Bullard" the other night he had on Tom Green and he said it like it was.How Ron was making $400,000.00/yr. and that was'nt enough for him. Then Ron came out and tried to make it look like he was going to beat him with a hockey stick, is that not what a real " suck " does?
Why would he not try to fight him like a real man with his fists? The real
" Ron McLean " came out there for everyone to see. I am also sure they can find someone ( maybe a monkey ) to replace him and HNIC would be just as good for you to sit and fart. Then you can feel proud that you helped this moron tap more of yourtax dollers from the CBC. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:15 am

jmjinks wrote:

I think that should go to " Foster Hewett " and all the other great ones way before Ron. :wink:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:26 am

Anonymous wrote:
jmjinks wrote:

I think that should go to " Foster Hewett " and all the other great ones way before Ron. :wink:

Itend to garee with those sentiments. Foster Hewett was the voice of hockey for so many years, and I'm certain that many people felt the same way once Foster left. However, there is a big difference between someone who retires from announcing, and someone being punked out of his job.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:00 am

Well Foster Hewitt, and Danny Galivan were gret play by play announcers, but Ron is an all around broadcatser , host etc....

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:01 am

Ron and Don back at work

By SUN MEDIA

TORONTO -- "So, what's new, anything happen over the summer?" Don Cherry asked Hockey Night in Canada host Ron MacLean last night.

"Quiet, quiet on the front," MacLean responded during the season-opening segment of Coach's Corner.

The amiable HNIC host, fresh off his signing of a new contract with the CBC just over a week ago, thanked those who supported him during his contentious negotiations with the network at the top of the show, and then left it at that - save for Coach's Corner co-host Don Cherry bringing it up after the first period in yesterday's game between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators.

But Cherry wouldn't let it rest.

"You know, I didn't get invited to see the Queen. You know why?" Cherry said. "Because of you, you're a troublemaker now. Brian Williams was there."

MacLean, for once, wouldn't bite.

"We shouldn't waste your valuable time on me," he said.

"(But) you rubbed off on me over 16 years."

That was funny......

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2002 9:15 am

GRRRRR! Ron is good!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 2:50 am

C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N wrote:
GRRRRR! Ron is good!
8O
There's a great reply!!
Well, I will be truly Canadain now and let this topic go to bed. I just hope next time some over paid "Broadcaster" quits for more money, the Canadaian sports puplic does not come to his aid and help him line his pockets.( since the money comes from us to begin with !! ) :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:53 pm

Joe Canadain wrote:
C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N wrote:
GRRRRR! Ron is good!
8O
There's a great reply!!
Well, I will be truly Canadain now and let this topic go to bed. I just hope next time some over paid "Broadcaster" quits for more money, the Canadaian sports puplic does not come to his aid and help him line his pockets.( since the money comes from us to begin with !! ) :lol:

hey "Joe Canadain" I love the way you spelled your name dude..... :lol: :D